Bounce no more...

Mucker1884

The Bounce  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So good. European bounces are so good. The clapping section of that song really adds to the whole effect, too.

If we're going to become a club known for a bounce we need a better song to go along with it imo. 

Rearrange the following 3 words into a well known phrase or saying:

Agree I totally.

I guess it ain't the physical bouncing that "bothers" me.  It's the fact that we are singing about doing the bounce!  

Support the team.  Positive lyrics.  Lively tune... Throw in an accompanying bounce by all means, if it suits... and the rhythmic clapping. 
No need to actually mention bouncing in the lyrics.

I'd be happy to join in with summat like that... including the actual bouncing bit!

*Disclaimer:
With our history of singing SBW, please nobody raise their expectations with regards to it all being in time!  
Like that'll ever happen!   

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All forms of forced crowd participation are cringeworthy and awful, from orchestrated clapping at gigs, that poo thing they do when they tell you to all crouch down and jump up on the count of 3, "throw those horns in the air" etc, to dancing at weddings to people watching Mama Mia in a cinema and dancing along.

You won't see or hear me joining in with any of that poo, but if nobody did it... 

5 minutes ago, StaffordshrieRam said:

See if that was accompanied by the proper organised bounce (rather than drunkenly drifting from one foot to the other), it'd look and sound alright!

Although that already sounds good on its own, its my favourite "chant" we do, to be honest. Derby County fans aren't great with words. ? 

57 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Why get rid of something that brings a feel good factor to both the club and the fans.

I think it was feel good in large part because of Franks involvement, I doubt the new guy will be doing that.

I'm leaning towards bidding it a fond farewell, but at the end of the day it's down to the fans at the game.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

See if that was accompanied by the proper organised bounce (rather than drunkenly drifting from one foot to the other), it'd look and sound alright!

Although that already sounds good on its own, its my favourite "chant" we do, to be honest. Derby County fans aren't great with words. ? 

That fat dude looks like he's dropped a pill.

I don’t bounce but from my place in the East it looks great (I do join in with chants though). Last season was the best atmosphere in years, don’t kill it off!! We need more songs/chants/jumping not less. 

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

I don’t bounce but from my place in the East it looks great (I do join in with chants though). Last season was the best atmosphere in years, don’t kill it off!! We need more songs/chants/jumping not less. 

We don't need to kill it off, but it would be nice if Cocu had a personalised post-match song/chant/bounce/ other after each win. Restrict the old bounce to during the match

8 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Not sure why this is even up for discussion. 10 years and more it's been going. Nothing to do with Lampard apart for us asking him along with players to start it. 

Next thread.

The ten years is precisely why I'm bored with it.

My mention of Frank in my OP was merely because quite a few on here have been getting a bit uptight about silly tweets suggesting Chelsea fans will get on the bandwagon, and take over our role, once Frank moves in.

I'm well aware Frank didn't start this, nor indeed was even here when we started it, but if Frank want's to take it with him, I'm more than happy to let him do so (which I very much doubt of course, but some of the twitter-kids are getting a bit blubbery about it!)

...Anyway... it's now more than just a discussion, it's a poll!  My first one, so stop pi55ing on my parade!   ;-)

We've had chant threads going since Derby County message boards existed and there's been hundreds of original, witty, simple chants and if any make it off the internet then nobody joins in. 

When @therams69 and Co gave out song sheets people took the piss, screwed them up and went back to moaning about the atmosphere.

When other fan groups have made effort people have taken the piss and gone back to moaning about the atmosphere. 

People don't join in because they don't like swearing or they don't like anti Forest chants. Yet the plain pro Derby songs don't exactly get belted out around Pride Park either. 

The snobbery around chanting is a massive part of the reason we sit complaining about dead atmosphere. 

When we make actual good noise then we can be picky about what the noise is. Until then any noise is good noise. 

Sorry @Mucker1884. This isn't aimed at you. I know the thread is supposed to be lighthearted. I just know there will be those who suffer from severe singsongsnobbery reading 

Archived