Moore or wassell

Archied

Moore or wassell  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A thoroughly predictable amount of reactionary replies. I'm not certain that either is right for the job, but the off hand dismissal of them as candidates is ridiculous. Please explain to me what either of them has done that is so egregious to warrant this level of fear and outrage regarding their potential appointments?

Darren Moore achieved a win ratio of 48% and had West Brom sat 4th at the time of his sacking, a position they failed to improve on after removing Moore. Yes, I understand that West Brom wanted automatic promotion, but was that goal ever reasonable? Look at their squad, look at how teams dropping down from the Premier League usually fare. An immediate return to the Premier League is hardly the norm.

Darren Wassall achieved a win ratio of 50% and took Derby into the play offs, managing to steady a ship that just one season before had sunk in similar circumstances. He also showed loyalty in returning to his academy post. It really hurt the academy when Terry Westley moved on after being overlooked for the manager role in favour of the poison dwarf.

I would choose Wassall out of the two because as the former academy director he would be perfect to continue the process of bringing our incredibly successful youth players through into the first team.

Wassall, every day.

I'd take Wassall over most of the names being discussed, too. He'd do great. 

Although I think I'd prefer Cocu overall, DazWaz is probably 2nd.

34 minutes ago, Anon said:

A thoroughly predictable amount of reactionary replies. I'm not certain that either is right for the job, but the off hand dismissal of them as candidates is ridiculous. Please explain to me what either of them has done that is so egregious to warrant this level of fear and outrage regarding their potential appointments?

Darren Moore achieved a win ratio of 48% and had West Brom sat 4th at the time of his sacking, a position they failed to improve on after removing Moore. Yes, I understand that West Brom wanted automatic promotion, but was that goal ever reasonable? Look at their squad, look at how teams dropping down from the Premier League usually fare. An immediate return to the Premier League is hardly the norm.

Darren Wassall achieved a win ratio of 50% and took Derby into the play offs, managing to steady a ship that just one season before had sunk in similar circumstances. He also showed loyalty in returning to his academy post. It really hurt the academy when Terry Westley moved on after being overlooked for the manager role in favour of the poison dwarf.

I would choose Wassall out of the two because as the former academy director he would be perfect to continue the process of bringing our incredibly successful youth players through into the first team.

They weren’t born in the Netherlands 

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They weren’t born in the Netherlands 

I have to admit that I am quite excited at the prospect of Phillip Cocu being our manager. I don't think that justifies derision for the other candidates though. Half of this forum has been spazzing out about a perceived lack of respect towards Derby for the last week, then we turn round and start talking about managers with 50% win ratios like they are poo on our shoes.

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

then we turn round and start talking about managers with 50% win ratios like they are poo on our shoes.

Except it's blatantly misleading and foolish to talk about win rates for managers with such few games.

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Journalist speculating on who the 6-8 backroom staff that Lampard will take with him includes Wassall. Just saying.

I wouldn't be happy with Lampard if he did that. I've no issue with him taking his own backroom staff. Bang out of order if he poaches staff that were already here. 

25 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Except it's blatantly misleading and foolish to talk about win rates for managers with such few games.

Yes, my sinister plan to trick all forum members into believing these guys have been managing for years is working. I talk about their win rates because it's relevant and I trust people enough to understand that it is based on relatively short careers thus far. What information do you suggest we should judge these men on? Perhaps we should use the only other contribution you've made in this thread and dismiss them because "The thought of either of them as our manager makes me feel queasy." Such a compelling argument.

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

Yes, my sinister plan to trick all forum members into believing these guys have been managing for years is working. I talk about their win rates because it's relevant and I trust people enough to understand that it is based on relatively short careers thus far. What information do you suggest we should judge these men on? Perhaps we should use the only other contribution you've made in this thread and dismiss them because "The thought of either of them as our manager makes you feel queasy." Such a compelling argument.

You can use whatever sarcasm you want, judging the win rate of someone with so few games is misleading. Judging Darren Moore on win rate is much more reasonable. Plenty of things to judge a football manager by other than win rate, style of play, quality of signings etc. I haven't really contributed to this thread because I think it will be Cocu, and I think it would be appalling if we ended up with either of them.

A lot on here seem to be totally negative towards Wassell, when he came in as caretaker manager he was thrown into the lions den,with the situation as it was i think he did reasonably well and steadied the ship.Alright he needed help but an experinced manager would have struggled to a degree in the circumstances

If Cocu turns us down for some reason i would like Wassell. It is totally different circumstances this time round, Darren has done good as Academy Director and brought young players on. He knows Derby inside out and will have learned from his previous experience.

Just my opinion and expect to get shot down

Archived