2nd chance for thorn and chris martin

B4ev6is

I really want chris martin and geouge thorn given a 2nd chance in our exciting young team with our talented making step from under 23s to under 18s to first team. I think chris martin will fluish in this side and hopeful geouge thorn can get some fitness and prove to the new manager that he has something to offer.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hopefully so...hoping Thorne is fit and fully recovered and Martin is fully over his stomach troubles of last year.

Both,could be a massive help to our campaign this year under the right manager.

Let's wait and see,it should be a clean sheet for all of the squad.

If Martin has colitis he'll never get over it 

24 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hopefully so...hoping Thorne is fit and fully recovered and Martin is fully over his stomach troubles of last year.

Both,could be a massive help to our campaign this year under the right manager.

Let's wait and see,it should be a clean sheet for all of the squad.

Deluded Kash! Thorne unfortunately has had one too many injuries to hit the Heights of 14 and Martin too many pies. 

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Deluded Kash! Thorne unfortunately has had one too many injuries to hit the Heights of 14 and Martin too many pies. 

You may well be right but it'd certainly brighten the mood were one or both of them back to rude health and good form. Great players on their day, though I concede that was some time back.

14 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Nothing more than I expected from you simsy sadly.

I'm under no illusion as to thornes and Martin's chances,esp Thorne with his huge backlog of injuries but there's no reason that Martin couldn't do a job for us....we don't play shithouse football anymore as we did under rowett thankfully.

And rolling out the old pies baalocks is just sad....he clearly isnt carrying any excess baggage at the minute,let's hope you can say the same for yourself fella!!

If he's good enough,he should still get a chance and if not he should move on,end of but it should be a clean sheet for the whole squad.

Like people have said, it depends on there fitness levels, Thorne with a another pre season under his belt,maybe could get somewhere near his old self, he does look trim in today’s photos, just think match fitness is his problem with not playing much over the last few years, I think Luton was the wrong move for him,because they have been flying for the last two years and unless they had injuries he was unlikely to play.

As for chrissy, if he has this illness it’s unlikely he will ever get back to how he played under the Mac, but to be fair, he hasn’t had a chance since Pearson sent him out on loan, so who knows, the new manager might give him a chance yo impress.

Also I know I’m in the minority but if Butterfield hasn’t gone in the summer, I wouldn’t be against giving him the pre season to impress neither, but I’m not sure if the fans wouldn’t not get on his back, you don’t become a bad player overnight, it wasn’t that long ago people didn’t want to see Bradders in a rams shirt again.

I know I’m playing devils advocate here with my post,but maybe they could fit in with the new managers way of playing and with the fans backing become at least valuable squad players again.

I will say though I would imagine the club are looking to offload the players on decent money.

Anyway up the rams ????

Archived