Sign in to follow this  
Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Phillip Cocu  

659 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, David said:

How every manager should be thinking, although I must admit I’m not that fussed with pre season results.  

Lightweight! Play to win. Love hearing Cocu say he wants to win every game. 😁

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Look at that midfield! What a midfield! It must have been a great honour for Cocu to play against it.

It must have been a great escape for Cocu and his mates to play the game after this one

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Look at that midfield! What a midfield! It must have been a great honour for Cocu to play against it.

It must have been a great escape for Cocu and his mates to play the game after this one

They lost to Blackburn 2 days later. Basically the same team too. 

That's how you made sure your team was fit to play league and European games back then. 😄 

Posted (edited)

Really disappointed we have Cocu as our new manager. We should have gone for a Young up and coming BRITISH manager who is up to date with the modern game and is totally not a dinosaur like Sam Allardyce ☺️ Just look at brilliantly Sam Allardyce speaks. 

Edited by McLovin

eddie
4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Really disappointed we have Cocu as our new manager. We should have gone for a Young up and coming BRITISH manager

Should be in the Politics thread?

😉

Just watched PC’s first post-match; I really like his pensive, analytical and insightful style. Comes across as very intelligent and thoughtful allied with a certain steeliness {“...it was a win and I like to win every game”}... I just love how the Dutch say “possibilities” ...”we created many possibilities”....

I’m very excited about this appointment; my only fear is that we return to Clement’s extremely tedious sideways passing game...2-0 up at home to Fulham on Boxing Day and I literally fell asleep for 10 minutes at the game. I’ve no reason to think we will...we need to play possessive exciting football; some good acquisitions especially a belligerent midfielder and I think we can be every bit as competitive this year. I’m excited for Marriott this year...this can be the season he explodes. 

eddie
10 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I’m excited for Marriott this year...this can be the season he explodes. 

Has a nice ring to it - The M-Bomb.

Why are people being brainwashed and hooked on the idea of foreign managers? 

What does he mean? I didn't realise we were hooked and brainwashed. 

But if you insist on a British manager then how big and deep is your talent pool? 

It's not like people are saying "Get a Spaniard in. They play beautiful football"

Going Foreign means you stand more chance of matching your criteria because there the entire bloody world to choose from. 

I have no feckin idea what "vibrant" means in a this context. 

Nobody is against Steve Bruce because he's British. It might have more to do with the budgets and teams he's inherited and the fact they still only just creep over the line if they make it at all. You can't just point at his achievements. You have to put them into context and that's when his achievements match up to one of the top 4 winning the league cup. He's had good teams with money to spend. Powerful teams. And it's never been reflected on the pitch.

He's done well but there's that or in the 2nd tier of England you can recruit champions and other high level coaches from across the globe. 

Besides, there are British managers getting jobs. 

I sense he is sensitive about the criticism he's had about his 442 percentage football compared to some trendy words coming with foreigners. He shouldn't be bothered because what happens on the pitch will do all the talking. All he's doing is sounding as daft as some bloke on Twitter going on about shuttlers and water carriers or whatever terms there are to make it all sound clever. On the pitch a Matic will play like a Matic no matter what you call him. And Bielsa still got smashed in the 2nd leg of the play offs last season no matter whether he gengenpressed or gengensatonastool

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Just watched PC’s first post-match; I really like his pensive, analytical and insightful style. Comes across as very intelligent and thoughtful allied with a certain steeliness {“...it was a win and I like to win every game”}... I just love how the Dutch say “possibilities” ...”we created many possibilities”....

I’m very excited about this appointment; my only fear is that we return to Clement’s extremely tedious sideways passing game...2-0 up at home to Fulham on Boxing Day and I literally fell asleep for 10 minutes at the game. I’ve no reason to think we will...we need to play possessive exciting football; some good acquisitions especially a belligerent midfielder and I think we can be every bit as competitive this year. I’m excited for Marriott this year...this can be the season he explodes. 

Sorry Ellafella, I fell asleep for ten minutes while reading your post. Only joking mate.Too good to miss.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Really disappointed we have Cocu as our new manager. We should have gone for a Young up and coming BRITISH manager who is up to date with the modern game and is totally not a dinosaur like Sam Allardyce ☺️ Just look at brilliantly Sam Allardyce speaks. 

Brazil and Allardyce exclusively on gammonSport

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Why are people being brainwashed and hooked on the idea of foreign managers? 

With British managers, we all know what their flaws are.  We've seen them manage before, we've seen them fail before.  With Foreign managers, you generally don't have this knowledge, so it's all upside.