Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Will be interesting to see who he brings into the club,would be marvellous if we blitzed the league this season,but as long as we play attractive off ensive  football and show improvements in the pitch I will be happy. Just hope he meets everyone's expectations and we can keep him for a few years to do a job  for us.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Good interview apart from one part

"As a player you had that winning mentality. Is that something you're looking for in these players?"

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Duracell said:

“No. In Holland we have Hüldoutfuradreuw mentality because in the Eredivisie it used to be 2 points for a win but 3 for a draw. I demanded this from my players”

Christ on a bike what were they expecting as an answer 

Back in a minute. Need to use Google.

4 minutes ago, archram said:

Seems to see this as a long term commitment. Mentioned 3 year individual plans to bring young players through to the first team.

Hope so. I know all managers talk like they're sticking around but I get the impression Cocu is looking for a project. Not looking to build a profile or a quick trophy fix. He could have had a higher job than Derby surely. A bad spell in Turkey doesn't mean you have to drop into the English 2nd tier to rebuild. 

What Mel wants must suit him. Not talking about league/cup targets but about players growth and coaching. 

28 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hope so. I know all managers talk like they're sticking around but I get the impression Cocu is looking for a project. Not looking to build a profile or a quick trophy fix. He could have had a higher job than Derby surely. A bad spell in Turkey doesn't mean you have to drop into the English 2nd tier to rebuild. 

What Mel wants must suit him. Not talking about league/cup targets but about players growth and coaching. 

Agreed.

It's also kinda nice that he doesn't have the same baggage around him as an individual that our last few managers have had. 

Lampard: The press circus around his name 

Rowett: Traded hard on his time as a player and a pundit to get fans onside. 

McClaren: Doesn't really need saying 

Pearson: But at Leicester.....

31 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Pearson: But at Leicester.....

Oh lord I hated that.................

But yes, good point about the baggage, and I think about expectations and I think Mel's much more mature in his approach these days as well. 

4 year contract, stuck by both Rowett and Frank in difficult patches, I think it's going to be a longer term thing as long as everything's sound and pulling in the right direction.

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

First interview!!

http://thera.ms/cocufirstinterview

Anyone spotted Jack Marriott in this or the Access All Areas / Behind the Scenes video clips?  Just musing to myself on this bloody miserable Saturday, whilst the boys are out there sweltering in the Florida sunshine...  

I've just run a slo-mo of the boys training in the Cocu interview video and can't see him or George.  Hopefully, no major reason for them not being on the pitch with everyone else.  Be great to have them both making a serious contribution this season.

8 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Anyone spotted Jack Marriott in this or the Access All Areas / Behind the Scenes video clips?  Just musing to myself on this bloody miserable Saturday, whilst the boys are out there sweltering in the Florida sunshine...  

Yes he’s there. Was mentioned somewhere on this forum. Some fan had a photo with him at the airport. 

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yes he’s there. Was mentioned somewhere on this forum. Some fan had a photo with him at the airport. 

I was referring specifically to the training session though.  He's not visible and nor is George.  Hope they're neither injured or withdrawn for other reasons....Jack needs to be given a proper crack this season.  I'm uber confident he will turn into another Bobby Davison for us, given the faith and a run in the side.

3 minutes ago, RedSox said:

I was referring specifically to the training session though.  He's not visible and nor is George.  Hope they're neither injured or withdrawn for other reasons....Jack needs to be given a proper crack this season.

He's perhaps snook back into the changing room and is nicking Martin's diet sheets?!

33 minutes ago, RedSox said:

I was referring specifically to the training session though.  He's not visible and nor is George.  Hope they're neither injured or withdrawn for other reasons....Jack needs to be given a proper crack this season.  I'm uber confident he will turn into another Bobby Davison for us, given the faith and a run in the side.

George was asking the questions, Jack was holding the camera.

17 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Say we finish top half and miss out on play offs, how many rams fans will be calling for his head?

If there is further evidence he’s building something with the youth then no as there would likely be greater success the following season, like Farke at Norwich.

This guy has come here to get promoted - make no mistake.

5 hours ago, RedSox said:

I've just run a slo-mo of the boys training in the Cocu interview video and can't see him or George.  Hopefully, no major reason for them not being on the pitch with everyone else.  Be great to have them both making a serious contribution this season.

Both have been immediately singled out as star players and have gone off to do vip training 

5 hours ago, RedSox said:

George who ?

On 05/07/2019 at 11:24, Andicis said:

Go on then, own up, who's the 1 person who voted no?!

Florian Jozefzoon

Pretty sure he won’t be playing for us again!

(sorry I know it was posted weeks ago but only just got round to watching it)

Archived