Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just said the same on Sky Sports News on the telly. Presenters said he was a top player with Barcelona and already has a good pedigree as manager. Also said his only concern could be the small squad and lack of funds. But I bet Mel has that covered

And cue the influx of bets on him to become manager, the shortening of the odds, the increase in speculation, a further shortening of the odds and an eventual windfall for the bookies when we appoint someone else. He's an exciting candidate and if Mel thinks he is the right man following his criteria on TalkSPORT last week then I will back him. 

It can only be possible if we have money.

If Cocu comes, we have money from somewhere to back him, if not it will back up the fact we are working under a tighter budget (or certainly one a champions league manager would expect).

Mel does seem to be forging a bit of wriggle room FFP wise, so providing the room is there and the fire still burns within Mel, I'm sure he will be happy to have one last crack at it.

I am excited!

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Can’t wait for Barca to steal him off us next July

Phillip Cocu’s Derby County sounds better anyway.

If they didn’t want him after winning 3 Dutch titles, I don’t think a season in the championship will swing it....

in 2 years when we win the premier league though....

Archived