Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Archied

Do you want lampard gone?

Do you want lampard gone   

375 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

The timing is far from great but Chelsea and Frank seems a 'special bond'. How it ends is a different matter.

The delay in Frank putting 'pen to paper' is a bit tedious but it does at least suggest that it wasn't all sorted in the background done before MM gave permission. 

The sooner it is finalised the better. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No particular fan of Rowett. His end was far from ideal but it didn't drag on for a month.  The home game v  Crystal Palace when we got promoted with Rowett  playing was more memorable than either of the above games for me, amusing as the Leeds game was . He was also part of a team that consolidated in the top division.  He achieved something in the history of our club. More than Lampard has or will now he's buggered  off.

But we are strictly speaking as managers for Derby. If we are talking about playing careers there is no comparison between the 2, however, Lampard had more memorable matches against Derby than Rowett had for Derby. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, rynny said:

But we are strictly speaking as managers for Derby. If we are talking about playing careers there is no comparison between the 2, however, Lampard had more memorable matches against Derby than Rowett had for Derby. 

i'm not to sure what you mean here? Sorry

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, RamNut said:

It feels similar to mac1

the pull of another club and the apparent interest of the manager spoiled the feel good affair. But when the dust had settled my preference was simply to take the emotion out of it and do the rational thing.....carry on.  Instead we went with what appeared to be an exciting appointment of another coach. Last time it didn't work. We lost the sparkle we had and we lost direction.

its taken years to restore that positive feeling. For me that began with the notts county friendly last pre-season. The total transformation in the playing style to something worthy of Derby County had me really excited and the credit for that belongs purely with frank.

we had some great moments last season. Notably Leeds away and also the last 20 minutes of the final. We had a couple of lows too. Leeds at home in the play offs and the first hour at wembley. But overall it would have been great to carry on the project. 

Frank seemed distracted. He appeared to wrestle with the "should i stay or should i go" decision which showed the pull of Derby County. I felt disappointed and jilted despite understanding the attraction of chelsea. But ultimately the emotion subsides and the rational thing is to carry on. Many fans have now turned and for them all that good work seems to have been undone very quickly. The reaction against frank is unfortunate. If i was him and i was reading some of the comments, i would wonder why i had ever wrestled with the decision. It would convince me that i made the right decision to go. 

I have no idea whether Cocu will be a success and whether we will play the high tempo, attacking, possession based football that i like, but my fear is that yet another change of direction will occour. Under clement - within 6 months - we were signing Blackman and Camara and suddenly it was all about pace. We gave up what had worked in pursuit of something else. That may hppen again.

Whilst i am happier with Cocu than with any of the other pish poor options, i'd rather we were able to continue for a second season with the existing manager. We can't ultimately because that manager wants to go and so.....here we go again.

I hope that frank gets a decent reception when we meet again. But i suspect he will get some abuse, just as Rowett would have done had he survived in his new job long enough to have faced us at pride park. I have read plenty of nonsense about how rowett was better than lampard. I warned at the time that rowett was taking us backwards. The football was terrible. The squad was becoming too old and too slow. We were wasting our money, and the idiot could not see the value in hughes or bryson. Most of his signings were poor. Frank was infinitely better than growett, but like growett he messed up his own bed by virtue of his decision to leave, and long drawn out nature of that departure. I doubt whether that was franks doing but it had a caustic effect of eroding much of the feelgood factor he created.

hopefully cocu does better than clement. 

 

 

Lampard will get a good reception I am sure of it. Leaving Derby for Chelsea is in no way comparable to running off to Stoke City at the first hint of the cash taps being slowed. 

I am extremely irritated at how long running this negotiation has taken but that will fade. We don't know all the details. Chelsea may have been the heel draggers for all we know. My conclusion is as always, no-one is bigger than the club and if FL wants to go, close the door on the way out, we move on.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

@rynny is saying that what Rowett did on the pitch is irrelevant to a conversation about the respective merits of him and Frank as managers.

OK. got that bit .  This bit confused me -Lampard had more memorable matches against Derby than Rowett had for Derby.  Wasn't sure what the relevance was.  Could be a typo.  Could be another point entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

OK. got that bit .  This bit confused me -Lampard had more memorable matches against Derby than Rowett had for Derby.  Wasn't sure what the relevance was.  Could be a typo.  Could be another point entirely.

I was emphasising the point that their playing careers had nothing to do with their management careers. I can't remember Rowett having any stand out games as a player for us. He was a good solid pro, if a little unspectacular. Whilst Lampard against us scored 4 goals in a game. Hence he had more memorable games against us than Rowett had for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Lampard will get a good reception I am sure of it. Leaving Derby for Chelsea is in no way comparable to running off to Stoke City at the first hint of the cash taps being slowed. 

I am extremely irritated at how long running this negotiation has taken but that will fade. We don't know all the details. Chelsea may have been the heel draggers for all we know. My conclusion is as always, no-one is bigger than the club and if FL wants to go, close the door on the way out, we move on.

Rowett has no relevance on the current debacle. Situation is that Chelski are using the reported £4m compensation have their own way and take their time. This doesn't reflect well on Lampard, but he's now thinking blue not black and white. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, rynny said:

I was emphasising the point that their playing careers had nothing to do with their management careers. I can't remember Rowett having any stand out games as a player for us. He was a good solid pro, if a little unspectacular. Whilst Lampard against us scored 4 goals in a game. Hence he had more memorable games against us than Rowett had for us. 

So not only has he binned us off at the first opportunity.  He also scored four past us in our worst ever season .  Your not really helping his cause here. Vote Rowett

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, RamNut said:

It feels similar to mac1

the pull of another club and the apparent interest of the manager spoiled the feel good affair. But when the dust had settled my preference was simply to take the emotion out of it and do the rational thing.....carry on.  Instead we went with what appeared to be an exciting appointment of another coach. Last time it didn't work. We lost the sparkle we had and we lost direction.

its taken years to restore that positive feeling. For me that began with the notts county friendly last pre-season. The total transformation in the playing style to something worthy of Derby County had me really excited and the credit for that belongs purely with frank.

we had some great moments last season. Notably Leeds away and also the last 20 minutes of the final. We had a couple of lows too. Leeds at home in the play offs and the first hour at wembley. But overall it would have been great to carry on the project. 

Frank seemed distracted. He appeared to wrestle with the "should i stay or should i go" decision which showed the pull of Derby County. I felt disappointed and jilted despite understanding the attraction of chelsea. But ultimately the emotion subsides and the rational thing is to carry on. Many fans have now turned and for them all that good work seems to have been undone very quickly. The reaction against frank is unfortunate. If i was him and i was reading some of the comments, i would wonder why i had ever wrestled with the decision. It would convince me that i made the right decision to go. 

I have no idea whether Cocu will be a success and whether we will play the high tempo, attacking, possession based football that i like, but my fear is that yet another change of direction will occour. Under clement - within 6 months - we were signing Blackman and Camara and suddenly it was all about pace. We gave up what had worked in pursuit of something else. That may hppen again.

Whilst i am happier with Cocu than with any of the other pish poor options, i'd rather we were able to continue for a second season with the existing manager. We can't ultimately because that manager wants to go and so.....here we go again.

I hope that frank gets a decent reception when we meet again. But i suspect he will get some abuse, just as Rowett would have done had he survived in his new job long enough to have faced us at pride park. I have read plenty of nonsense about how rowett was better than lampard. I warned at the time that rowett was taking us backwards. The football was terrible. The squad was becoming too old and too slow. We were wasting our money, and the idiot could not see the value in hughes or bryson. Most of his signings were poor. Frank was infinitely better than growett, but like growett he messed up his own bed by virtue of his decision to leave, and long drawn out nature of that departure. I doubt whether that was franks doing but it had a caustic effect of eroding much of the feelgood factor he created.

hopefully cocu does better than clement. 

 

MAC1 was sacked. Lampard chose the greener grass.

I remain to be convinced Lampard had any hesitation to join Chelsea, let alone felt any Derby pull.

He is a mere footnote in the history of DCFC, and now  I am only interested in the next chapter.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.