19/20 Pre Season Photos & Videos

Day

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Anya's not up for it, doesn't put the work in or show any interest he won't play, nothing about this should be worrying or give reason to be concerned at all. In fact I see it as a positive. 

I posted earlier that if you're willing to give one a clean slate, then they all should be given clean slates and that includes Anya.

No pre judgements made, let Cocu see them all with his own eyes.

End of the day he's still our player, still getting paid, he should be putting the work in and be ready if called upon. 

Where does Anya fit in? Winger competing against Lawrence, Bennett, Jozefzoon and Mitchell-Lawson? RB against Bogle, Wisdom and to a lesser extent Bateman? LB against Malone, Forsyth, Lowe and MacDonald? Our new star AM competing with Holmes? Maybe he’s there just to make up the numbers now that Sibley is missing?

One option seems a lot more likely than the rest. Hopefully for him and us, it’s one of the others as it means he’s earned it and is (possibly) better in the role set by Cocu. 

Bizarre some of the comments regarding Anya being there. I know we have some halfwits in our fan base, particularly on Twitter, but what's literally the worst thing to come out of thi: he has a stinker and goes back to helping the kids out when there's injuries? Alternatively, he gets himself fit and looks to be able to offer something? 

I genuinely don't get why people are irritated by him; he's been put out in the cold & told to train with the kids. He just isn't as good as Pearson thought when he paid the money and offered him a contract. Nothing more or less. 

3 hours ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Interesting interview with George Evans, talking about how they’re being coached on using different passing angles and body shape. 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/07/evans-everyone-is-looking-forward-to-getting-the-season-going

Didn’t get past the first minute of the interview. I lost interest when George was asked “In terms of fitness how important are these trips?”  

Anya was one of our best players against a very good Fulham side in the playoffs. I see it as a positive, he cant to be any worse than Lawrence on the wing that's for sure. I think a clause in his contract may be why he hasn't played as much, he is a good versatile player.

Let's say Anya's on 25k a week. Signed a 4 year deal. No club can come close to matching his wages. He'll want to make as much money as he can here and I don't blame him. Yes, it has potentially damaged his footballing career, however I'm fairly confident the normal person wouldn't drop 15k a week to move somewhere else. It's not Anya's fault, the club offered him a great deal, why would he walk away from it? He trains every week, made himself available by playing youth games when needed. 

There's possibly a clause in the transfer which requires the club to pay Watford another big chunk of transfer fee after another x amount of appearances. Again, that's the clubs decision, not Anya's.    

I bet Nigel Pearson wakes up every morning, stretches, pops a kiss on the Mrs' cheek, swings his legs out of bed, stands up, scratches his balls, and walks all the way to the toilet, laughing his head off thinking about splashing out £4m on Anya... 

All time stitch up!!!

12 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Didn’t get past the first minute of the interview. I lost interest when George was asked “In terms of fitness how important are these trips?”  

My two favourite Rams TV types of questions:

"In terms of [answer] how much is [question]?"

"Is it a case of [apples] or is it more [something entirely different to apples, not related to fruit in any way or the topic in question]."

12 hours ago, i-Ram said:

There used to just be one guy on RamsTV that asked this sort of stuff. So far I've seen two more this pre season.

Is it important to have a winning mentality?

How important is Pre Season?

Are you excited about the new coach? 

Good to be back?

I mean is there any point in asking them. You've flown out to Florida to ask them questions I could answer right here. Such boring baalocks.

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

My two favourite Rams TV types of questions:

"In terms of [answer] how much is [question]?"

"Is it a case of [apples] or is it more [something entirely different to apples, not related to fruit in any way or the topic in question]."

Also, "How important is it that you have [a very basic requirement for a professional competitive athlete]?" ? 

Archived