Johnson in talks over a new deal.

We will miss his physicality in the middle for sure, for such a big Unit Huddlestone get outmuscled a lot. If we are going 433 we will need a player that has energy, awareness and strength. I think we can safely rule Huddlestone out of 433, hopefully shinnie can be this man. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/07/2019 at 12:47, Bob The Badger said:

Not sure why he'd want to go to Blackburn City before really having chance to speak with Cocu.

Or, maybe Cocu watched enough film to say 'let him go'?

how about this scenario.

MM -Brad your contract runs out at the End of June how about we sign you on a short contract with just a small wage(better than getting nothing in June) that way we have you on the books till 1st July for FFP purposes

BJ- Yes sounds ok with me boss it will help me to put finishing touches to me charity work

same conversation with Butterfield?

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, angieram said:

Listen to his Blackburn interview.

Said he was wanted there and that made up his mind. 

Read this thread and you understand why. 

At times the treatment he received from some of our so called fans was appalling. I have no issue if someone doesn't rate a player, that is fine there are players we have all been glad to see the back of I am sure, but those times when our own fans were booing him were awful. I think when it gets like that then those fans are on the look out for the smallest mistake to jump on (a bit like Keogh).

Good luck to him.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

At times the treatment he received from some of our so called fans was appalling. I have no issue if someone doesn't rate a player, that is fine there are players we have all been glad to see the back of I am sure, but those times when our own fans were booing him were awful. I think when it gets like that then those fans are on the look out for the smallest mistake to jump on (a bit like Keogh).

Good luck to him.

Totally agree. Supporters will never see eye to eye on every player but nevertheless it's sad to see 'fans' dishing out comments like 'a waste of space' and 'get rid'.

Not sure he got that much stick.

he was appreciated as a physical unit. He had his limitations but got nothing like the hammer dished out to keogh, blackman and butterfield.

(Not defending it btw. I don't like to see Derby fans jeering any of our players. I think thats why i gave up going to away games)

Archived