Johnson in talks over a new deal.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

How Huddz has got a new deal and Johnno hasn't is criminal.

Johnson's been offered one, it just looks like he seems to be choosing to move on.

1 hour ago, mastah said:

This topic didn't age well...

Just needs a tweak.....

Johnson in talks over a new deal......at Blackburn.

2 hours ago, irobinson said:

Never that comfortable people calling a bloke BJ

ta ra 

It's good to be open about your insecurities ? 

Perhaps FFP is mad enough that a "Free Transfer" doesn't have the same impact as "Releasing" a player.

FFP has seemed convoluted enough in my previous attempts to understand it for that to be a thing.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

but don't we need that money to buy players?

I don’t think the money makes much difference to our accounts.

As far as I’m aware, we treat the amortisation of transfer fees in a very strange manner. We basically leave players with a large value at the end of their contracts, instead of writing-off the full amount over the same period. This is fine if we sell the player. The problems arise when someone runs down their contract and they get released, or move on. We have to take a big hit all in one go.

I have no idea how we’re allowed to do it, because it goes against accounting rules.

6 minutes ago, TZM said:

I don’t think the money makes much difference to our accounts.

As far as I’m aware, we treat the amortisation of transfer fees in a very strange manner. We basically leave players with a large value at the end of their contracts, instead of writing-off the full amount over the same period. This is fine if we sell the player. The problems arise when someone runs down their contract and they get released, or move on. We have to take a big hit all in one go.

I have no idea how we’re allowed to do it, because it goes against accounting rules.

yep I know that .  All I was saying was that if Frank's money is going towards balancing off the loss then that is not good news.  I'm hoping that they adjusted the carrying values last year using the stadium sale.  I also hope they've reconsidered their approach to amortisation so that FL's money can be used accordingly.  Generally I don't disagree with their approach unless it is just a way of 'kicking the can down the road'

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We don't know what the residual values are set at.

could be losing @£1m ?

i you can work this out against specific players well good luck.  Just think the increase can be attributed to a couple of players but probably not their full value.  Thanks to SwissRamble for the stellar work

#DCFC player amortisation rose £1.6m (31%) to £6.6m, reflecting recent increase in transfer spend. Since 2016 Derby have considered residual values in amortisation calculation, which reduces this annual charge. This is a valid accounting treatment, but rare in world of football.

image.thumb.png.6ad4f410d0f3f4b9df86da21f6d3d5a3.png

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

yep I know that .  All I was saying was that if Frank's money is going towards balancing off the loss then that is not good news.  I'm hoping that they adjusted the carrying values last year using the stadium sale.  I also hope they've reconsidered their approach to amortisation so that FL's money can be used accordingly.  Generally I don't disagree with their approach unless it is just a way of 'kicking the can down the road'

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We don't know what the residual values are set at.

could be losing @£1m ?

I hope so. You’d hope that the majority of players would have most of their value wiped off before they reach the final year of their contract. It would only be young players or very talented players that you’d have any chance of seeing a fee for, from after that point.

Archived