Management of Marriott

Andrew3000

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Srg said:

Which would always happen. Villa were 2-0 up and completely willing to defend and counter. You couldn't start the game like that, we'd have got slaughtered.

Hi frank......

or is it Gary?

Best finisher my generation has seen, perhaps it stretches further than that. I always thought he worked hard but Lampard didn’t. He doesn’t link up often but when he does it can be Martinesque. 

Waggy is our best striker but Marriott has the tools to be better than Callum Wilson.

Im sorry but had we stuck with Bennett on the wings and Marriott up front and even waghorn 2nd half I think we would have won . I also think there is a case for just where we would have finished if we had played a naturally gifted goal scorer all season maybe even auto's .

Going to be very interesting to come back to this argument should a new manager play him most of season this time . But lets remember one thing he needs a good supply and having lost Wilson and mount we need to replace with a decent calibre player .

Lampard has a long way to go yet  and including a long way to go not spoiling his outlook with fans in about 20 seconds with stupid flippent videos being put on for all to see as if its nothing to them . 

9 hours ago, angieram said:

I like him too and I would have definitely started Waghorn if fit but less sure about Marriott. This mainly because the Leeds game apart, he's looked pretty ineffective when starting games since his injury. I think that I am with the people who saw him as the game changer after Bennett had run the defence around and that might still have worked if we hadn't let that stupid second goal in. It was coming and my criticism is that we should have changed things sooner.

The only thing that I object to is people stating that we would have won if we'd started Marriott.  As you say, we might have, we might not have. It just gets my goat when people state it as fact. 

Bloody hell,  I  sincerely hope that Marriott becomes our Ian (Wright or Rush!) but he's not quite there yet. Early days.

More like Sir Bobby Davison mark2...…………….....Please

6 hours ago, cannable said:

Best finisher my generation has seen, perhaps it stretches further than that. I always thought he worked hard but Lampard didn’t. He doesn’t link up often but when he does it can be Martinesque. 

Waggy is our best striker but Marriott has the tools to be better than Callum Wilson.

Yeah he certainly works hard on the pitch, all round game v.good at this level and instinctive finisher. We've 2 excellent strikers for this league just need some creativity now. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I was just quoting the players named by the person I was answering. I'd settle for Bobby! 

Let’s not forget Peter Taylor taking Bobby off at 1-0 in an FA cup quarter final if we are talking stupid decisions. To this day I think that was the most baffling decision I have ever witnessed. 

Bobby is the one we always compare Marriott to. I would love to see him in a 2 up front with Waghorn with proper wingers banging crosses in for the pair of them. I think they would be lethal together with the right balance behind them.

All this crap about Marriott not being fit enough to play for more than 60 minutes .......................

If he'd started (and Roos had not tried to be even more inept than the Leeds goalie in the semi), we might have been 3-0 up by the time he was knackered?

If you auntie had balls, she'd be your uncle.

Archived