Josh Bowler - joined Hull on loan

Nuwtfly

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never heard of him, never seen him, don’t even know where he plays. duck knows if he’s any good. Would rather wait before making loan moves until some bigger names are available to us. No loans previously so we don’t know the level he’s at either. Everton judge him at this level but it’d be a gamble, they obviously rate him mind- first team for them in the future. Right age for a loan mind.

Doesn’t look likely to happen anyway, looks to be going to boro, tho I’d think if we really want him we could compete with them and others. Don’t think it’s anymore than one we’ve looked at. Boro need wingers badly too, if we’re playing a diamond we probably don’t, they’d want him more.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Never heard of him, never seen him, don’t even know where he plays. duck knows if he’s any good. Would rather wait before making loan moves until some bigger names are available to us. No loans previously so we don’t know the level he’s at either. Everton judge him at this level but it’d be a gamble, they obviously rate him mind- first team for them in the future. Right age for a loan mind.

Doesn’t look likely to happen anyway, looks to be going to boro, tho I’d think if we really want him we could compete with them and others. Don’t think it’s anymore than one we’ve looked at. Boro need wingers badly too, if we’re playing a diamond we probably don’t, they’d want him more.

I'll be honest, I stop reading these posts after your introduction ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2019 at 08:26, Ghost of Clough said:

Signed from QPR for £1.5m in 2017 and plays predominantly on the right wing. Don't know much else, but I'd rather we gave JML or McAllister a go instead

What if Josh Bowler is loads better than JML? He's bound to be further ahead in his development than Mcallister who's been unable to walk for most of his adult life.

10 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

What if Josh Bowler is loads better than JML? He's bound to be further ahead in his development than Mcallister who's been unable to walk for most of his adult life.

I think the point is we don't know, we have had a concern before about first team players blocking routes through for youngsters and last season we developed the value of 3 loans massively to then return to their parent clubs. If we have players who are anywhere near close (and we have multiple) its an area worth developing to have first teamers for longer than a season or a massive incoming transfer fee (like bogle).

If they arrive proven like Mount (impressive Eredivisie season), Wilson (impressive stats for a half a championship season) and Tomori (not as impressive but experience in Championship). It may be worth looking them at a short term fix with a high probability of success.

With Bowler it seems like a gamble when we could take a gamble on our own academy players (who won nationally (including Everton who compete at that level) their age group)

32 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

I think the point is we don't know

I haven't got a clue. I'd imagine that Cocu would probably send someone to have a quick look at him though before he signs. That's what I'd do anyway.

On 26/06/2019 at 19:27, Millenniumram said:

Why is everyone so obsessed with a diamond suddenly ? Has this come from an Itk source?

4 minutes ago, Jram said:

Why is everyone so obsessed with a diamond suddenly ? Has this come from an Itk source?

Mate that was ages ago when Lampard was still in charge. We looked to be heading that way at the back end of last season. Don’t think it’ll be the case anymore- all the noises from cocu suggest a 433

Archived