Mel Morris on melSport with Jim White

Heisenberg

38 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes I would love there to be announcement of investment.

I remember when we got excited because there was going to be an announcement by the club at 5pm once and it ended up being something really daft.

You can hear it know . ' Were getting a sizeable investment from a Derby company - Were buying the ground we play in  for a pound from another company I own that's being liquidated.  We sold it to them a few months ago for 80 million .  Then i'm selling it to another company I set up yesterday for another 80 million . That gives us 160 million to blow on players  plus the cash for Bert and Ernie from Chelsea.

Can you imagine Gibsons head .

spacer.png

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I will keep up to date on here with the twenty different versions of what he said. Much more fun.

I’ll probably go for a shower half way through and come out to about 20 pages on here, get excited something has happened, then find out it’s people talking about crisps.

3 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

I have a sneaky feeling that there's more behind the 'Gerrard Approach'. If I was a betting man I'd say Mel is either going to announce we're in talks with him or we've got big investment coming. 

Seems far too unlikely that he'd go for a 2 hour interview purely to vent, sure he's probably as frustrated as the rest of the Derby fans, but he's a businessman first, I suspect he's got big news of some sort. 

We can only hope ??

20 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Hope he gets asked about Danny Cowley. 

Some people may remember John Beck at Cambridge .  Cowley has that feel about him .  Used to hose his players with freezing cold water to toughen them up and create divet's in the turf and brush the grass so it grew in a way to make the ball stick.  Not my understanding - I was told this by a someone who played under him .  Think the games moved on a bit to much at this level for this kind of stuff to work .  Think he would be out of his depth.  We really need someone who knows this division as we have time to provide a crash course

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

Keep them.

its makes us look tin pot. 

One season loans, one season managers.....forget it. You can't build anything with a strategy like that.

Lets start building properly. Even if its with players like holmes and szmodics. At least they would be our players.

Couldn't agree more.

I appreciate that Chelsea were held up until sarri compensation was sorted but that doesn't explain the weeks delay after that deal was done. If it was because of Frank's holiday then I hold him in a similar regard. We'll take the generous compensation for a manager with potential (but no managerial achievements) but I'm not interested in any 'special' favours. Chelsea don't work like that anyway so they would want hefty loan fees for players.

Let's have some self respect and move on.

28 minutes ago, baiano27 said:

Couldn't agree more.

I appreciate that Chelsea were held up until sarri compensation was sorted but that doesn't explain the weeks delay after that deal was done. If it was because of Frank's holiday then I hold him in a similar regard. We'll take the generous compensation for a manager with potential (but no managerial achievements) but I'm not interested in any 'special' favours. Chelsea don't work like that anyway so they would want hefty loan fees for players.

Let's have some self respect and move on.

I can’t fathom the reasoning on the statement in bold as the compensation received for Sari was minuscule in comparison to that received from both the Premier League money and the Hazard fee. So the waiting for the Sari combo doesn’t really make any difference to the timing of an official approach. 

To my mind Chelsea have completely scuppered our pre season preparations by ducking us about, i for one won’t be looking to “Frank Lampards Chelsea “ results with anything other than hope they’ve lost week in week out. 

8 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I can’t fathom the reasoning on the statement in bold as the compensation received for Sari was minuscule in comparison to that received from both the Premier League money and the Hazard fee. So the waiting for the Sari combo doesn’t really make any difference to the timing of an official approach. 

To my mind Chelsea have completely scuppered our pre season preparations by ducking us about, i for one won’t be looking to “Frank Lampards Chelsea “ results with anything other than hope they’ve lost week in week out. 

It may be small in comparison but no smart business gives up 7 million that easily. If they had approached us earlier then Juve would have had the upper hand and it would have been hard to get compensation. Yes its annoying for us but I'd like to think we'd do the same in their shoes. But as soon as the Sarri deal was agreed they should have made their move.

Frank brought a good atmosphere off the field and I think in the dressing room but it was still very much work in progress on the field. He made plenty of mistakes which I'd have hoped would have been corrected next season but its not to be. I was disappointed a few weeks ago but well over it now. We move on, no one is bigger than the club and we just need to continue with some of the positive pieces Frank put in place.

22 minutes ago, baiano27 said:

It may be small in comparison but no smart business gives up 7 million that easily. If they had approached us earlier then Juve would have had the upper hand and it would have been hard to get compensation. Yes its annoying for us but I'd like to think we'd do the same in their shoes. But as soon as the Sarri deal was agreed they should have made their move.

Frank brought a good atmosphere off the field and I think in the dressing room but it was still very much work in progress on the field. He made plenty of mistakes which I'd have hoped would have been corrected next season but its not to be. I was disappointed a few weeks ago but well over it now. We move on, no one is bigger than the club and we just need to continue with some of the positive pieces Frank put in place.

Maybe they did? I would imagine Mel has been a tough nut in these talks, he had the upper hand at least.

55 minutes ago, Sleepy P said:

I've heard that @i-Ram is going to be on a date with 20 different virgins and will be having much more fun.

Christ I couldn't imagine anything worse.  20 Love Island wannabes all buggering off to the loo every 5 minutes to take Insta selfies.  And when you finally get em all back to the room, you've got to tell em all what to do and where to stick it.  Sod that!  Give me 20 hot cougars any day of the week!

5 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I’ve got to do some work for once so won’t be able to tune in to Talksport. I’ll be relying on some accurate reporting from the fine, upstanding members of this forum.

So will I, but I’m not holding my breath on the accurate bit!

Archived