Mel Morris on melSport with Jim White

Heisenberg

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Surely he should be spending his time trying to find a new manager 

With all due respect I think you’re being a touch naive if you think Mel hadn’t started the process once he knew Frank was likely to go.

Our new Manager will be in place ready for pre season. 

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My gut feeling is the opposite, I think Mel will completely dismiss the Gerard approach, no way is Mel so unprofessional that he would talk about another manager in employment live on air if it wasn't to just brush it off. He will say, we like to keep our options open, we have sounded many candidates out etc etc.

Plus, as much as I would like Gerard, why would we arrange a friendly with Rangers if we knew there was a good chance Gerard would be our replacement for Frank? Doesn't make sense, because if we did take Gerard, do you really think Rangers would welcome us in their back yard? I'd feel sorry for the 1.8k travelling up and any friendship we have as clubs would be over.

Annoying amount of sense spoken here. 

Wish there was a big statement coming, but really would be strange way of handling it. 

I think Mel will feel he has dealt with the situation with dignity and be slightly exasperated about the way other people have stuck their oar in and he wants the chance to say so calmly... with lots of 'we will move forward together as a club, make sure we choose the next candidate wisely' type stuff. Wring the last bit of publicity out of Frank and take the high moral ground and look like a club people want to come to.  

Maybe Mel's just an interesting guest to have on. Simon Jordan was praising him on there the other week. Its a national radio with the Derby Chaiman, talking the championship, the club in general & our manager situation. He'll be able to put his side of the story across. I dont think its more than that tbh

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Annoying amount of sense spoken here. 

Wish there was a big statement coming, but really would be strange way of handling it. 

I think Mel will feel he has dealt with the situation with dignity and be slightly exasperated about the way other people have stuck their oar in and he wants the chance to say so calmly... with lots of 'we will move forward together as a club, make sure we choose the next candidate wisely' type stuff. Wring the last bit of publicity out of Frank and take the high moral ground and look like a club people want to come to.  

Yes I would love there to be announcement of investment.

I remember when we got excited because there was going to be an announcement by the club at 5pm once and it ended up being something really daft.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember when we got excited because there was going to be an announcement by the club at 5pm once and it ended up being something really daft.

I don’t think so. I think firstly that MM has been invited on the show...Mel hasn’t invited himself on to make an announcement...he’s not that razzmatazz. Instead we will hear the calm voice of Mel giving the Derby slant on a number of issues...including £ and Sky, FL & Chelski and The Championship Rat Race. And I think we should look on the bright side of FL at Chelski...I’m sure we will get first dibs on some loan talent as a pay-back from Frank to Mel and Derby County...with love ? ?

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think it was no price increase for early ST renewal.

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

I have a sneaky feeling that there's more behind the 'Gerrard Approach'. If I was a betting man I'd say Mel is either going to announce we're in talks with him or we've got big investment coming. 

Seems far too unlikely that he'd go for a 2 hour interview purely to vent, sure he's probably as frustrated as the rest of the Derby fans, but he's a businessman first, I suspect he's got big news of some sort. 

Why would we arrange a random interview on a random radio station to announce major investment or a new manager. 

The club has its own channels for that kind of stuff and wouldnt (or shouldnt) just throw it casually out there as part of a radio interview. If nothing else it would be unprofessional. Derby County have a very slick media operation at the moment and any such announcements will go through them. I very much doubt we will hear anything significantly new tomorrow at all.

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I’m sure we will get first dibs on some loan talent as a pay-back from Frank to Mel and Derby County...with love ? ?

Keep them.

its makes us look tin pot. 

One season loans, one season managers.....forget it. You can't build anything with a strategy like that.

Lets start building properly. Even if its with players like holmes and szmodics. At least they would be our players.

31 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Why would we arrange a random interview on a random radio station to announce major investment or a new manager. 

The club has its own channels for that kind of stuff and wouldnt (or shouldnt) just throw it casually out there as part of a radio interview. If nothing else it would be unprofessional. Derby County have a very slick media operation at the moment and any such announcements will go through them. I very much doubt we will hear anything significantly new tomorrow at all.

From this day forth, you shall be known as The Hype Killer.

Archived