Mel Morris on melSport with Jim White

Heisenberg

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Tree cat saga - what we know so far

Tree cat drama - live

What did this leading Derby council member gave to say about her own cat two years ago

Trees - a hazard to cats?

"I'd eat cat" says nottnm posts Kenny burns

Spat my tea out with last one.... Classic! ???

15 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Tree cat saga - what we know so far

Tree cat drama - live

What did this leading Derby council member gave to say about her own cat two years ago

Trees - a hazard to cats?

"I'd eat cat" says nottnm posts Kenny burns

And once you click on the story, you find that the cat a) lives in Surrey, b) is stuck in a tree in Surrey and c) it's owner once visited a relative in Derby, therefore making the story relevant.

I’ve only just finished listening to it all. I’m wondering, after hearing Mel and some time having passed, if those who ripped him to bits over ‘storming into the dressing room’ would still hold that view? This man is Derby custodian and will be a fan till he departs this earth, that manager and those players are just passing through. 

• 1 month later...

Mel was back on Talksport this morning for short interview.

For those to busy at work, in summary, Cocu settling well, possibly 1 or 2 more plyers coming in and there is a new door at Moor farm.

You need the 2 links to listen to the short interview. 

First part of interview starts at 23:40  --> https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1564995600/1564999200/ 

Second part --> https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1564995600/1565001000/

5 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

For those to busy at work, in summary, Cocu settling well, possibly 1 or 2 more plyers coming in and there is a new door at Moor farm.

Finally got rid of that revolving one to the Manager's office?

11 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

That's a downgrade on what our Phil was saying

I'm choosing to believe the new guy thanks

29 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

For those wondering, Mel revealed that Cocu asked for a door between his and his staff's offices. It was used as an example of Cocu coming in and having his own set of expectations/standards that suggests he knows what he's doing. The manager's office has been the same since it was built. First request like it. Small thing, but symbolic of his style of collaboration.

The door was installed within 24 hours.

Two other notes from me:

1) Very classy of Mel to show his support for Cyrus Christie and what happened to his sister, just as he was signing off.

2) I. CANNOT. WAIT. For everyone to stop asking about Frank Lampard at every opportunity.

11 minutes ago, cosmic said:

For those wondering, Mel revealed that Cocu asked for a door between his and his staff's offices. It was used as an example of Cocu coming in and having his own set of expectations/standards that suggests he knows what he's doing. The manager's office has been the same since it was built. First request like it. Small thing, but symbolic of his style of collaboration.

The door was installed within 24 hours.

Any mention of him keeping the wardrobe?

10 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Two other notes from me:

1) Very classy of Mel to show his support for Cyrus Christie and what happened to his sister, just as he was signing off.

2) I. CANNOT. WAIT. For everyone to stop asking about Frank Lampard at every opportunity.

I think for number 2 to become a reality we need to start winning games and soon.

If we start badly the media will constantly remind us of how Frank was the reason we were so good last season.

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think for number 2 to become a reality we need to start winning games and soon.

If we start badly the media will constantly remind us of how Frank was the reason we were so good last season.

Totally true. Frank Lampard’s Derby County beat everybody. 

47 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

For those to busy at work, in summary, Cocu settling well, possibly 1 or 2 more plyers coming in and there is a new door at Moor farm.

You need the 2 links to listen to the short interview. 

First part of interview starts at 23:40  --> https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1564995600/1564999200/ 

Second part --> https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1564995600/1565001000/

What type are these? For removing nails and stuff or staples? 

Always useful to have a couple of plyers hanging around the place. 

On 28/06/2019 at 12:06, Ewe Ram said:

I’ve only just finished listening to it all. I’m wondering, after hearing Mel and some time having passed, if those who ripped him to bits over ‘storming into the dressing room’ would still hold that view? This man is Derby custodian and will be a fan till he departs this earth, that manager and those players are just passing through. 

I absolutely still hold that view. He had no business in that dressing room.

He's still accountable for his actions in the past, as we all are. The difference is not to be judged on them today. I'm 100% on board with what Mel is doing today, and while you can argue he's always had the best interests of Derby at heart, some of his actions in the past were doing more harm than good. I held that opinion then, I stick by it, but I'm also happy for my opinion of him overall to have changed.

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I absolutely still hold that view. He had no business in that dressing room.

He's still accountable for his actions in the past, as we all are. The difference is not to be judged on them today. I'm 100% on board with what Mel is doing today, and while you can argue he's always had the best interests of Derby at heart, some of his actions in the past were doing more harm than good. I held that opinion then, I stick by it, but I'm also happy for my opinion of him overall to have changed.

In the same show this morning there is a part about the mess at Bury, worth listening to as well. And then when you see what's happening to Bolton, Chatelet at Charlton, Coventry being sent to Birmingham  (shouldn't be the other way round??), the list goes on...

Uncle Mel has made mistakes, who doesn't, but we are very lucky to have him that's for sure.

Archived