Mel Morris on melSport with Jim White

Heisenberg

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Almost as though they were cheating and that’s partly why they were doing so well.... but leeds would never cheat? Surely not? Unheard of?

My Leeds mate has just texted me complaining of this, I told him it was statistiacally accurate and it was a pity it was on radio as that stat would look much better as a powerpoint.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Nope. Owd Miner Minor hacked his account.

Thas reet mi owd. I've sent her hom wi a flea in her tab. Nah I've asked Hilda if she likes little minx and she sez she dunt mind em... Shout ta her ex is her favourite she sez... Funny though she keeps singing it ta mi ... Wi her teeth on bedside cabinet

I’ve been highly critical of Mel in the past. I was against the clement appointment (in fact i joined this forum not long after his sacking) the whole Pearson re-hiring mac, sacking Mac, the money spent on average players. I blamed Mel for all of it. I think he’s always had the club’s best interests at heart but early on made bad decisions on managers. However He’s backed his managers on the last two occasions, he now has a clear plan and  he desperately wants stability to implement his plan and he’s savvy, visionary leader. He now just deserves some luck with the next appointment. If it wasnt for Chelsea being a basket case right now, Frank would’ve been an outstanding appointment, still a good appointment as we’re in better shape than when Frank took over.

In the transcripts I’ve read I thought he was brilliant today on talksport. We are extremely lucky to have him.

28 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’ve been highly critical of Mel in the past. I was against the clement appointment (in fact i joined this forum not long after his sacking) the whole Pearson re-hiring mac, sacking Mac, the money spent on average players. I blamed Mel for all of it. I think he’s always had the club’s best interests at heart but early on made bad decisions on managers. However He’s backed his managers on the last two occasions, he now has a clear plan and  he desperately wants stability to implement his plan and he’s savvy, visionary leader. He now just deserves some luck with the next appointment. If it wasnt for Chelsea being a basket case right now, Frank would’ve been an outstanding appointment, still a good appointment as we’re in better shape than when Frank took over.

In the transcripts I’ve read I thought he was brilliant today on talksport. We are extremely lucky to have him.

Perhaps Lampard wasn't a good appointment to underpin a strategy of stability. Mel said himself, he knew when he appointed Frank, that the Chelsea job would materialise at some point. Mel's next appointment will be no more or no less critical than all the others. In fact, I am getting so used to Me's  managerial merry go round, that a new season without a hunt for the new guy would seem rather odd....

6 minutes ago, europia said:

Perhaps Lampard wasn't a good appointment to underpin a strategy of stability. Mel said himself, he knew when he appointed Frank, that the Chelsea job would materialise at some point. Mel's next appointment will be no more or no less critical than all the others. In fact, I am getting so used to Me's  managerial merry go round, that a new season without a hunt for the new guy would seem rather odd....

2-3 years of Frank would’ve been decent in today’s football world and i think we’d b be in the prem. i think we’d have got that had Chelsea not had an embargo. They’d have gone for a proven big name.

14 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

2-3 years of Frank would’ve been decent in today’s football world and i think we’d b be in the prem. i think we’d have got that had Chelsea not had an embargo. They’d have gone for a proven big name.

I agree with that.

If Frank stays I believe he'll prove you right.

Without Chelsea parting company with Sarri, the feel good factor, Frank's contacts, and with a years experience in the bear pit of the championship, my opinion is that we'd be bouncing all the way to the Prem.

Might still happen, not totally convinced he's going, not out of delusionary hope or love for the man, but a realistic query of the set up at Chelsea. Petr Czec's appointment as Technical and Performance Advisor for instance and Frank's potential remit there, may yet persuade him that the time is not right, who knows?

Anybody notice how desperate the DET has become.  Basically chopping up the transcript of the interviews and shoving out snippets out one by one for click bait content.  It’s not even journalism now.  Just listening to the radio and repeating what they’ve heard.  Pathetic.

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, LazloW said:

Anybody notice how desperate the DET has become.  Basically chopping up the transcript of the interviews and shoving out snippets out one by one for click bait content.  It’s not even journalism now.  Just listening to the radio and repeating what they’ve heard.  Pathetic.

Its better than the usual 'a cat got stuck in a tree' stuff they normally roll out.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not if it's the same cat and it's just taking the urine

'serial tree climbing cat stuck again '

4 hours ago, LazloW said:

In fairness not everyone listened to the radio interview, so they are reporting what the chairman has said. People who buy the DET won't necessarily have access  to the interview so they are well in their right to write up articles and share. To be honest, I don’t see any difference to what they usually do. 

Can the clickbait be annoying, yes. But dont think there’s any need to chastise over reporting news about Derby County, that’s essentially the job.

23 hours ago, HantsRam said:

why? has he gone? only asking - haven't read threads all day as have been stuck in bard meetings.......

Lampard is in talks with another club. In most (if not every case) that indicates a highly unlikely probability that the (football) manager in question is likely to continue in his role with his current club / employer. Metaphorically speaking he has already gone (his head has gone elsewhere) as indicated by his desire to want to discuss employment with another club. 

Archived