Sign in to follow this  
Heisenberg

Mel Morris on melSport with Jim White

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I’m not sure if this had been posted earlier in the thread, but these are the apparent topics Mel is going to discuss tomorrow.

Fully expect him to infact shove a middle finger up at the media instead...

1508E234-4A58-46E0-8ACE-AF0F1CA30861.jpeg.082637785c062085053a44e7c22bb26a.jpeg

Edited by ThePrisoner

I have a sneaky feeling that there's more behind the 'Gerrard Approach'. If I was a betting man I'd say Mel is either going to announce we're in talks with him or we've got big investment coming. 

Seems far too unlikely that he'd go for a 2 hour interview purely to vent, sure he's probably as frustrated as the rest of the Derby fans, but he's a businessman first, I suspect he's got big news of some sort. 

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Nah, Steven 

I’m Steve finnan, just trying to find some way back into football 

28 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I have a sneaky feeling that there's more behind the 'Gerrard Approach'. If I was a betting man I'd say Mel is either going to announce we're in talks with him or we've got big investment coming. 

Seems far too unlikely that he'd go for a 2 hour interview purely to vent, sure he's probably as frustrated as the rest of the Derby fans, but he's a businessman first, I suspect he's got big news of some sort. 

My gut feeling is the opposite, I think Mel will completely dismiss the Gerard approach, no way is Mel so unprofessional that he would talk about another manager in employment live on air if it wasn't to just brush it off. He will say, we like to keep our options open, we have sounded many candidates out etc etc.

Plus, as much as I would like Gerard, why would we arrange a friendly with Rangers if we knew there was a good chance Gerard would be our replacement for Frank? Doesn't make sense, because if we did take Gerard, do you really think Rangers would welcome us in their back yard? I'd feel sorry for the 1.8k travelling up and any friendship we have as clubs would be over.

39 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Surely he should be spending his time trying to find a new manager 

He will know who he wants, we'll probably get an idea tomorrow or at least on timescale. He'll have been drawing up plans for the last two weeks, even if he said he hasn't. It's natural. 

This morning they said Mel is on tomorrow - kicks off at 10am, but Mel will join them after 11am. 

I'll still be listening from 10, just in case.