Small Claims Court

BaaLocks

Having been inspired by a comment on another thread how about our own Derby County version of Sean Keaveney's Small Claims Court from his 6 Music show.

Did you once sit next to Glenn Skivington in a laundry on Peartree Road? Did you tell Alan Biley that he'd forget to take his change at the Bargain Booze in Darley Abbey? Did you once ask a stranger for directions to Ascot Drive only to find it was Ken Oxford?

To kick us off:

About a year ago I was on a train back from London to Banbury and a man asked me if the seat opposite was taken. It was none other than 90s defender and academy leader Darren Wassall. I said it was and then chose not to speak to him for the entire journey so as not to come off like a total fanboy.

I also used to deliver Stuart Webb's newspaper back in the 80s.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Told this more than once in the past but - 

Me and a few of my mates were in the popular, at the time, men's clothes shop Forge on Sadlergate one afternoon.  As I browsed some shirts I took a step back and bumped into someone behind me.  I turned round to see who it was, and it was none other than my idol Ace Asanovic.  He politely apologised, and I was too dumbfounded to speak.  I simply nodded politely, turned back round and tried desperately not to wee myself with excitement...

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Told this more than once in the past but - 

Me and a few of my mates were in the popular, at the time, men's clothes shop Forge on Sadlergate one afternoon.  As I browsed some shirts I took a step back and bumped into someone behind me.  I turned round to see who it was, and it was none other than my idol Ace Asanovic.  He politely apologised, and I was too dumbfounded to speak.  I simply nodded politely, turned back round and tried desperately not to wee myself with excitement...

DEA19A6C-F52D-4630-8D2E-9822000A7716.gif

I was once in the Rhode Island Diner (or might have been the Baltimore Diner at the time) - when one of my mates waved to a friend (someone I didn't know) who was sat up the other end of the bar. I glanced over and his friend was sat at a table with a group of lads. One of whom was Stefano Eranio

We beckoned his friend over and asked him how he knew Eranio - he just said "he lives next door to one of the others and his wife makes us take him out because he's got no mates - trouble is it's really irritating because he can barely speak any English so he just sits there all night saying nothing" 

In the late 80s I frequently saw Paul Blades on the mile up town, one evening he was surrounded by autograph hunters and only had a tiny bit of paper on me, when I managed to pass it to him he took his gum out his mouth said thanks and rolled it in the paper and threw it away. 

To this day I still don't know how I feel about it. 

I sold Curtis Davies a Vanilla Latte and a Cheese and Marmite ciabata the other day. He even said his pleases and thankyou's.

I used to work in an electronics shop and sold Steven Davies a disco ball. Non-DCFC related sales include Dominic Cork and some audio cables (my boyhood hero and he was an absolute knob) and Ricky van Wolfswinkle with just about anything he could pick up.

6 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I sailed against Darryl Powell in the annual Willington Raft Race, his team beat us, but then pretty much all teams that finished beat us.

The thought of Darryl Powell with an oar in his hand is quite frightening. 

A few years ago me and a mate were watching some drab England friendly in the fishpond at matlock bath. This lad came over and asked if he could sit with us (there was no one else in the pub), he asked us who we supported, I said Derby my mate said forest and he said 'yeah I played for both of those teams'. We both clicked it was Gary Charles and he spent the whole game telling us stories about brian clough being drunk and about his injuries. He showed us the scars all over his legs and they're a mess. He must have said 'It's all in my book" about 200 times.

Some years ago, when we were a healthy Premier League under Jim Smith & Steve Mac, I was filling up my car in the local north Brum fuel station close to where I live, when I recognised a small black guy at the pumps, too

I forget what car he had, it was an elite machine, though, maybe an Audi or a Merc.

This other customer was none other than Dean Sturridge (a Brummie, you will know), fresh from The Rams stuffing Arsenal 3-0 the weekend beforehand.

I went over to Dean, told him I was a Rams S/T holder who lived in Brum, shook his hand and said: "I bet you enjoyed putting Tony Adams on his arse last Saturday!"

Deano beamed a smile and said "Not 'Arf!"

?

I worked in a shop in Eastwood once and did a special order for a Mrs Buckley. It turned out to be Steve Buckley's mum. She was lovely. She told me that Steve was missing playing and at a bit of a loss. She said that Alan had never been happier and she always knew that Alan would do really well in management as he was really bright...'unfortunately, our Steve is a bit too thick to be a manager' ?

Dean Sturridge’s girlfriend lived opposite a mate of mine’s mum in Willington.

Steve Elliott’s old house backed on to the park, one time we had to knock-on and ask if we could have the ball back please mister. (He either wasn’t in or just didn’t answer)

I went to school with Simo Valakari’s son and Stefano Eranio’s kids babysitter. 

In the mid 80s I saw Steve Buckley walking down Arboretum Street carrying a plastic bag that may have contained unboxed shoes.

He was wearing a long beige raincoat, The raincoat was unbuttoned. It wasn't raining, but it looked like it might.  

Archived