19/20 Pre Season Ticket Information

Day

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

What a ducking scandal.

£20 a ticket for a pre-season friendly on a Thursday night?

£40 for 2 adult tickets or £5 to watch on RamsTV? We are actively encouraging fans to not go to games... Terrible pricing structure!

£15 for season ticket holders ! Free for kids ! Miss the good points out and try and pick out the bad points ! How dare the club charge fans for a pre season friendly ! 

20 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

What a ducking scandal.

£40 for 2 adult tickets or £5 to watch on RamsTV? We are actively encouraging fans to not go to games... Terrible pricing structure!

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

£15 for season ticket holders ! Free for kids ! Miss the good points out and try and pick out the bad points ! How dare the club charge fans for a pre season friendly ! 

We're saving up to buy the stadium back off Uncle Mel. Just so he can buy it back off us again next time we're in the poo, don't you know.

I'm not picking out the bad points. I'm pointing out the lines that are relevant for me and probably 50% of the fan base. Season tickets don't work for everyone. Due to work commitments, a season ticket would cost me around £45 a game, which isn't worthwhile. I wouldn't say I'm any less of a fan that anyone else, it just doesn't make financial sense.

I can guarantee you with that pricing strategy, the fixture against Girona will have no more than 10,000 fans; it'll be an empty stadium with no atmosphere. Why don't you charge £5 for the game, fill the stadium and try and create a real buzz going into the season? No sane person will spend £20 to watch Derby reserves on a Thursday night in a pre-season friendly, when you can pay £5 to watch the same game on TV. 

7 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

I'm not picking out the bad points. I'm pointing out the lines that are relevant for me and probably 50% of the fan base. Season tickets don't work for everyone. Due to work commitments, a season ticket would cost me around £45 a game, which isn't worthwhile. I wouldn't say I'm any less of a fan that anyone else, it just doesn't make financial sense.

I can guarantee you with that pricing strategy, the fixture against Girona will have no more than 10,000 fans; it'll be an empty stadium with no atmosphere. Why don't you charge £5 for the game, fill the stadium and try and create a real buzz going into the season? No sane person will spend £20 to watch Derby reserves on a Thursday night in a pre-season friendly, when you can pay £5 to watch the same game on TV. 

It’s a business. The club know whatever they charge, 30,000 people aren’t going to turn up for a pre-season friendly against Guardiola’s apple pickers.

So they are simply trying to maximise takings because they know even if they were to drop prices to say £5 per ticket, it wouldn’t make financial sense.

As an example:

£15 x 10,000 = £150, 000

£10 x 10,000 = £100,000

£5 x 10,000 = £50,000

So we would have to sell 30,000 tickets at £5 per ticket just to get the same level of income for 10,000 tickets at £15 per ticket.

There is no point getting frustrated. The club are always going to choose money in the bank over bums on seats, especially so at this level.

12 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It’s a business. The club know whatever they charge, 30,000 people aren’t going to turn up for a pre-season friendly against Guardiola’s apple pickers.

So they are simply trying to maximise takings because they know even if they were to drop prices to say £5 per ticket, it wouldn’t make financial sense.

As an example:

£15 x 10,000 = £150, 000

£10 x 10,000 = £100,000

£5 x 10,000 = £50,000

So we would have to sell 30,000 tickets at £5 per ticket just to get the same level of income for 10,000 tickets at £15 per ticket.

There is no point getting frustrated. The club are always going to choose money in the bank over bums on seats, especially so at this level.

Do they not factor in other benefits of an increased attendance such as food/drinks and other DCFC merchandise?

For me, pre-season games are an excellent opportunity to get people into the ground to experience Derby County Football Club. It's a great opportunity to offer cheaper tickets that will not impact the benefits of having a season ticket. I believe there is more to be gained/lost than just comparing gate receipts on the day. 

1 minute ago, Nick_Ram said:

Do they not factor in other benefits of an increased attendance such as food/drinks and other DCFC merchandise?

For me, pre-season games are an excellent opportunity to get people into the ground to experience Derby County Football Club. It's a great opportunity to offer cheaper tickets that will not impact the benefits of having a season ticket. I believe there is more to be gained/lost than just comparing gate receipts on the day. 

The club probably used to think that way, but over the years, there has been a clear shift to focusing on the bottom line. The club needs to make money, and they will make decisions to that end.

Gate receipts are their only guaranteed income.

Buying food and drink or merchandise is optional, and not an option every fan will take up as they are well aware that what is on offer is usually overpriced or of a poor quality, quite often both. It is not something they can rely on.

Believe me, I am exactly like you. I think we charge too much. In my head, I tell myself it’s scandalous that I am paying £33 to watch us play Bristol City at home, for example, when I can watch Porto v Sporting Lisbon for €25.

But it’s no use getting worked up about it. Until we are in the Premier League, nothing will change.

They do it because they have to meet the needs of the business, and they also know they can rely on our core support to pay whatever they are asking for.

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

What a ducking scandal.

Tend to agree. Its a lot for a pre season friendly especially a week night.

Quite enjoy the showpiece home friendly but probably won't bother now. May have done had it been Saturday afternoon. 

16 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

1800 for Rangers. Not a great allocation, thought we'd be willing to take a few more than that!

Don't think it's how many tickets we wanted, it's more a case of how many Rangers were prepared to let us have

6 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Don't think it's how many tickets we wanted, it's more a case of how many Rangers were prepared to let us have

We won't have 1,800. It'll be more like 1,790 once we've allocated a few for the Gerrard family coming to watch Steven Gerrard's Derby County. Can't see them still being welcomed into the Ibrox director's box any more ?

Not keen on our pre-season schedule this year and will only be going to the Girona game.

Rangers is too expensive when travel and accommodation is factored in and Burton Albion - urgh!  I will go to watch the under 23s at Alfreton that day.

Prices are reasonable for us as season ticket holders, especially since one of us now qualifies for the senior discount.

Archived