Junior Football

RiddingsRam

Not found a thread on this ! My son is just starting his journey into the world of junior football having just signed for Alfreton Town juniors. Having already played a fair few friendlies and tournaments awaiting there league starting in September they already have a good little team and are in the process of creating friends for life through football ❤️. Any of your stories /kids stories would be great . 

IMG_20190622_143946.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

An update for anyone who wants a tad of light hearted reading . 

Alfreton town juniors under 7's (Cosmo's) played there first full tournament together as a squad .

Long story short they topped there group . 

Beat Bucko's lads Ashover side (bucko in attendance )

Won the semis 

Then narrowly missed out on a debut tournament win in the final 

They were all ecstatic as was I ! What a time to be a 6 year old football fanatic . 

IMG-20190713-WA0015.jpg

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

That Lad, front row middle ? In 10-12 years time his mum will be showing his first proper girlfriend that picture and he will shrink.

Don’t label him like that. Could be his first proper boyfriend. 

Take so much pride watching my lad and his team mates play.

Moves up to under 9's and 7 a side in September.

Not only seen his game develop so much,but he's taken on board what he's coached and is developing into a good team mate and thoroughly decent young lad.

Been an incredible journey so far and long may it continue.

8 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Love seeing things like this, my lads 4 in November and is starting the Derby County weekend coaching in September. He’s football mad already, can’t wait for his footballing journey to begin

Good luck with it all pal . It won't be long untill your roped in yourself , enjoy . 

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Good luck with it all pal . It won't be long untill your roped in yourself , enjoy . 

Can’t wait to be honest, the day I take him through his right of passage and up those pride park steps for the first time will be one of immense pride!

6 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

I’ve loved my time watching my lad and coaching the team. Now he’s moving up to 11 a side U13’s so big boys football from now on. 

Us too. Although I've resigned as assistant through principle. 

Results got in the way of teaching them to play properly. 

We are Ripley way if your lot fancy an 11 a side friendly. Us and you need to get used to it.

DM me

22 hours ago, Charlie van de Borreltje said:

Us too. Although I've resigned as assistant through principle. 

Results got in the way of teaching them to play properly. 

We are Ripley way if your lot fancy an 11 a side friendly. Us and you need to get used to it.

DM me

I packed in Managing more due to politics than anything else. Now I just watch and moan at his Saturday and Sunday team Managers! ?

Div 1 Sunday Derby team and Div 4/5 Saturday YEL if your around one of those levels. Sure the 2 Managers are looking for friendlies mate.

• 4 months later...

Just a quick update on my son's junior football journey (for anyone interested ) . His Alfreton town juniors under7 cosmo's team have been doing very well in the Derby junior League now been promoted to the first Division a lot more challenging , played a very strong Duffield Dynamos Rhinos team today consisting of a couple of Rams players sons . We held our own though . 

I've also started my coaching journey with the Cosmo's and so far an loving it . So rewarding. 

My son has also been picked up by Derby TIPS (pre academy ) which were very proud of but taking each day as it comes and really not getting carried away with it . Thanks for reading. 

IMG-20190915-WA0006.jpg

Archived