TV Game Selection

WystonRam

Not sure if that has been posted elsewhere or not, this is this seasons notice period for the selection of league games to be shown live on TV.

“The minimum five week commitment remains in place for the majority of the season but the rolling basis period commences for matches taking place from 7 March onwards is to be shortened to four weeks’ public notice.”

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/june/201920-sky-bet-efl-fixtures-revealed/

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reducing the 5 week notice to 4 for the business end of the season is another pathetic capitulation from the EFL to SKY. 

Just say no ffs, its not like SKY will pull the contract over that one detail.

Doesn't sound much but if people want to plan an away day, tickets, trains, overnight stops etc, even a home match meet up, it can ruin the occasion.

59 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Reducing the 5 week notice to 4 for the business end of the season is another pathetic capitulation from the EFL to SKY. 

Just say no ffs, its not like SKY will pull the contract over that one detail.

Doesn't sound much but if people want to plan an away day, tickets, trains, overnight stops etc, even a home match meet up, it can ruin the occasion.

Great post mate, when going away trains, and planning the day are decided long before 5 weeks, so we get the best train prices and everyone going can make the arrangements with friends and family on what is going on, already planning Huddersfield away on Monday booking time off and getting to the game etc. But sky gives two ducks about the real fans now a days.

16 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Tbf much as we moan we matches are moved that’s a reasonable time period to organise round... just gets me when people who travel in from abroad get ducked over as it’s much harder for them to organise/ reorganise.

Been caught out once. Unfortunately I’m usually booking holidays 6-9 months out so it can be a pain.

There was this one poster who even started his own thread three months before a match, so everyone could arrange time off, travel,  cancellation of family occasions etc. Still went pear-shaped. Bloomin Sky eh.. 

1 hour ago, mozza said:

There was this one poster who even started his own thread three months before a match, so everyone could arrange time off, travel,  cancellation of family occasions etc. Still went pear-shaped. Bloomin Sky eh.. 

Wasn’t that due to snow?

In my opinion, the first priority should always be the fans who attend the games. This is NOT an attack on those who don’t attend, as they are still fans, but neutral TV viewers should never be prioritised over loyal attendees.

It makes me sick when I hear talk of a European Super League and not one mention is given to the fans who spend their time and money watching their team every single week. You’re talking about wiping out people’s escape from the rigours of life. How are they expected to travel abroad every other week?

40 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

In my opinion, the first priority should always be the fans who attend the games. This is NOT an attack on those who don’t attend, as they are still fans, but neutral TV viewers should never be prioritised over loyal attendees.

It makes me sick when I hear talk of a European Super League and not one mention is given to the fans who spend their time and money watching their team every single week. You’re talking about wiping out people’s escape from the rigours of life. How are they expected to travel abroad every other week?

Plenty on here seem to do it every other week, and only to watch on RamsTV, not in a stadium ?

On 22/06/2019 at 08:22, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Any reason for the laughing reaction @bigbadbob?

• 3 weeks later...

Derby County’s first two Sky Bet Championship fixtures for the month of September have been picked for live coverage by Sky Sports.

Phillip Cocu’s side will now entertain Cardiff City at Pride Park Stadium on Friday 13th September 2019 (7:45pm kick-off) following the first international break of the campaign.

Derby then will head to Elland Road to take on Leeds United the following weekend, on Saturday 21st September as planned, but with a new kick-off time of 12:30pm.

Games that are rearranged to a Friday or Monday night a just so wrong. There should be a limit to how many games each club can be made to move, to a Monday and Friday night, by the TV companies.tickets

I know there are season ticket holders who can't get to week day games but accept they will miss a few mid-week games when buying their tickets at the beginning of the season. Every game that is moved for tv, means they not only miss out on seeing the game but also lose out financially.

13 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Games that are rearranged to a Friday or Monday night a just so wrong. There should be a limit to how many games each club can be made to move, to a Monday and Friday night, by the TV companies.tickets

I know there are season ticket holders who can't get to week day games but accept they will miss a few mid-week games when buying their tickets at the beginning of the season. Every game that is moved for tv, means they not only miss out on seeing the game but also lose out financially.

Call me a plastic fan, but when I can watch my team as much as I can on Sky TV, supplemented with attending games that arn't on TV, season tickets are terrible value for money.

God bless St Barbara. 

2 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Call me a plastic fan, but when I can watch my team as much as I can on Sky TV, supplemented with attending games that arn't on TV, season tickets are terrible value for money.

God bless St Barbara. 

Plastic fan ! 

Archived