Good omens for this season

CBRammette

8 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Adrian Durhram

Stop reading when I saw this, he’s in my top 3 of complete cook Wombles with Collymore and big fat Kenny. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Stop reading when I saw this, he’s in my top 3 of complete cook Wombles with Collymore and big fat Kenny. 

I have actually got a lot of time for Adrian Durhram , him and Darren Gough actually put out some decent radio on the drive home, mind you I also quite like listening to Ramage ?

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this in another thread - But if Lampard goes to Chelsea he might lend us Tomori again - Maybe even Mount as well if he's not going to use him? We'd have to be in pole position for Chelsea loans anyway though surely?

Surely “IF “ Frank goes to Chelsea it would depend how he rates our “NEW” manager as to whether we’re  in pole position for loans ? 

1 hour ago, eve1112 said:

Surely “IF “ Frank goes to Chelsea it would depend how he rates our “NEW” manager as to whether we’re  in pole position for loans ? 

Well yes obviously - But I was sticking with the 'good omens' theme of the thread

I thought this was going to be a reference to the new series Good Omens, based on Neil Gaiman's novel.

Which has a petition of 20,000 people asking Netflix not to show it as it's blasphemous.

The amusing part is though, it's on Amazon Prime.

6 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

So our POTY, top goal scorer and mount who got a call up to the senior England squad weren’t our 3 best players? 

Right o mate!

Well if you are using POTY as a measure then, no, surely Keogh was one of our 3 best players?

7 hours ago, JG400 said:

Adrian Durhram (Talksport) has predicated that if Lampard leaves we will get relegated, every season he states we will never get promoted with Keogh in defence

Durham is a WUM. He courts controversy to generate more phone calls to his radio show.

12 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

So you think Keogh was not one of our best players …………………………. even though the players themselves voted him the player of the season.

Glad you think you know better

You can be one of our best players without being in the top three. And not everyone has to agree with the players’ opinions. 

16 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Durham is a WUM. He courts controversy to generate more phone calls to his radio show.

He does I agree but that's his job in commercial radio , and as most of his targets are Arsenal fans I am fine with that , the radio show that is rapidly becoming an embarrassment is the Alan Brazil breakfast show, just seems focused on where  Alan Brazil can get in for free next (and get drunk of course). Its a shame because Ally Mccoist is not too bad when covering for him (which is becoming more often) and Danny Kelly is 10x the broadcaster that Alan Brazil is and he only gets to run the show when Brazil is on long term Absence

3 hours ago, JG400 said:

He does I agree but that's his job in commercial radio , and as most of his targets are Arsenal fans I am fine with that , the radio show that is rapidly becoming an embarrassment is the Alan Brazil breakfast show, just seems focused on where  Alan Brazil can get in for free next (and get drunk of course). Its a shame because Ally Mccoist is not too bad when covering for him (which is becoming more often) and Danny Kelly is 10x the broadcaster that Alan Brazil is and he only gets to run the show when Brazil is on long term Absence

Brazil is just a dreadful parody. Even the jingles advertising his show basically major on his borderline alcoholism. 

Since his sporting career was in the 80s he has no relevant contacts or anecdotes. It just lurches to the next champagne tent.

Darren Gough is ok. My faves are still hawksbee and Jacobs. But I also quite like Barry glendenning at the weekend. 

My personal take on the Lampard charade is that at this particular moment in time there aren’t any good omens for the season ahead.

I know it’s defeatist but I really cannot see any good omens if it’s not resolved in a timely manner.

On 20/06/2019 at 18:45, CBRammette said:

Fed up with doom and gloom.  Have faith. Next season will be good.  My first season ticket was in Jim Smith's promotion year, last ended in 2000 and this season is the first year I have been able to have one since so all will be fine.  What other lucky omens are on our side whoever is manager?  

That would be awesome, if only omens didn't mean a big fat zero.

Let's be optimistic for optimism's sake and because we have amazing support, some really promising up and coming players and a either Frankie coming back or a shiny new manager to get behind.

On the other hand if you add the numbers of this year together 2 + 0 + 1 + 9 that comes to 12 and guess what?

In the year we won the F.A. Cup our highest scorer was Raich Carter and guess how many goal he scored?

Yes, I poo you not, he scored 12.

The year we won the league, guess how many goals Roger Davies scored?

Unbelievably, it's 12!

And our biggest ever win was 12-0 v Finn Harps.

Holy crap I think we're in for a cup and league double,  and on our way to play in Europe.

OMG I just looked at the clock and it's 12 O'clock here in Florida.

This is all too exciting, I'm going for a lie down.

On 21/06/2019 at 00:45, CBRammette said:

Fed up with doom and gloom.  Have faith. Next season will be good.  My first season ticket was in Jim Smith's promotion year, last ended in 2000 and this season is the first year I have been able to have one since so all will be fine.  What other lucky omens are on our side whoever is manager?  

Yes it will be a bit of a slow start as the new manager gets bedded in, but hopefully we kick on after a dozen or so games and progress into the play off places again. COYR

14 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Just seen a Rams flag at Kanye West 2015 at Glastonbury singing Touch The Sky on BBC 2.

Always see Rams fans at Glastonbury, I always said hello, and always say 'hope the new manager works out better than the last guy'.

I wonder if I'll be saying the same thing in a few days.... 

23 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

That would be awesome, if only omens didn't mean a big fat zero.

Let's be optimistic for optimism's sake and because we have amazing support, some really promising up and coming players and a either Frankie coming back or a shiny new manager to get behind.

On the other hand if you add the numbers of this year together 2 + 0 + 1 + 9 that comes to 12 and guess what?

In the year we won the F.A. Cup our highest scorer was Raich Carter and guess how many goal he scored?

Yes, I poo you not, he scored 12.

The year we won the league, guess how many goals Roger Davies scored?

Unbelievably, it's 12!

And our biggest ever win was 12-0 v Finn Harps.

Holy crap I think we're in for a cup and league double,  and on our way to play in Europe.

OMG I just looked at the clock and it's 12 O'clock here in Florida.

This is all too exciting, I'm going for a lie down.

You missed out the redoubtable Richard Keogh. 12 letters. It's written in the stars.

7 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

You missed out the redoubtable Richard Keogh. 12 letters. It's written in the stars.

Jack Marriott - 12 letters

Archived