Good omens for this season

CBRammette

Fed up with doom and gloom.  Have faith. Next season will be good.  My first season ticket was in Jim Smith's promotion year, last ended in 2000 and this season is the first year I have been able to have one since so all will be fine.  What other lucky omens are on our side whoever is manager?  

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The three returning loan players are all going to give glowing reports re their experiences in and around Derby County. Both back at their respective clubs and whilst away on international duty with England and Wales.

We shouldn't have to much trouble attracting loan players into the club.

The season kicks off in 6 weeks which is a lucky number in Chinese and extra lucky for us because it is 6 weeks and 3 sleeps and 3 divides into 6 exactly, so that's extra lucky.

We're playing Huddersfield first up on a Monday night. Monday has 6 letters unlike Saturday, but that won't stop us from losing. We probably will. But that's lucky because when we start a season badly it's often a good season by the end

And we will have a manager who will be positive and committed to the cause of getting us up; we will have new players who may, or may not, be good and we will see Mr Shinnie in action as well as new youngsters from the Academy and maybe a new loanee or two; it will be hot, the pitch will look wonderful, the fans will be tanned and full of the joys of a new season and that lot will be champions by August 10th. The angst and strife of the last few weeks will be a distant memory, we'll be keeping half an eye on Aberdeen's results and perhaps we'll even have a bounce

Roll on. Can't wait.

8 hours ago, Parsnip said:

We just about scraped 6th last season and our 3 best players (inc. our top scorer) have all gone back to their clubs.

And in a minute we'll have no manager.

Graeme Shinnie best be dynamite.

I think you and lots of others on here who keep saying "our three best players, have gone back to their parent clubs" are either fools or not capable of thinking for themselves. Yes the three loanees were all excellent players, but not irreplaceable. The one who I think we will find hardest to replace is Mount. The other two although excellent players, still have a lot of development left before I think they are close to being considered irreplaceable!

In my opinion it is totally incorrect and undermining to say the loanees were our best players

So Keogh , Marriott, Waghorn, Bogle etc. do not even enter your thoughts when considering who our best three players are?

I don't suppose any of us know the real reasons Marriott was not played as much as most of us wanted. But I have not seen such a cool and class natural striker for a long time in a Derby shirt. I hope Lampard finds a formation to bring the best of the strike force of Marriott and Waghorn.

Keogh in my opinion (and the last god knows how many managers!) is virtually irreplaceable, and I truly hope he manages to lead us into the premiership.

9 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Fed up with doom and gloom.  Have faith. Next season will be good.  My first season ticket was in Jim Smith's promotion year, last ended in 2000 and this season is the first year I have been able to have one since so all will be fine.  What other lucky omens are on our side whoever is manager?  

He was a new manager that season as well - So even if we do lose Lampard it's not the end of the world eh? ?

I think we have some really decent talent in the squad and I feel good about the additions that have been made since Rush left (on average anyway) - Bogle looks aces, I really like Malone, Shinnie looks promising, Holmes is excellent, I love Waggers and Marriott, Lawrence is a talent, love Bennett  barreling round causing trouble, Keogh is still an absolute viking

I actually think I could find something good to say about all our players to be honest... I think there might be something wrong with me...

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Last time we played on a Monday on opening weekend we finished rock bottom. Oh and WW1 started.

Our managers gonna have his work cut out preparing his team for MK dons away followed by a night in the nuclear shelter.

Well if WW3 starts, at least we can say we got into Europe

50 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I think you and lots of others on here who keep saying "our three best players, have gone back to their parent clubs" are either fools or not capable of thinking for themselves. Yes the three loanees were all excellent players, but not irreplaceable. The one who I think we will find hardest to replace is Mount. The other two although excellent players, still have a lot of development left before I think they are close to being considered irreplaceable!

In my opinion it is totally incorrect and undermining to say the loanees were our best players

So Keogh , Marriott, Waghorn, Bogle etc. do not even enter your thoughts when considering who our best three players are?

I don't suppose any of us know the real reasons Marriott was not played as much as most of us wanted. But I have not seen such a cool and class natural striker for a long time in a Derby shirt. I hope Lampard finds a formation to bring the best of the strike force of Marriott and Waghorn.

Keogh in my opinion (and the last god knows how many managers!) is virtually irreplaceable, and I truly hope he manages to lead us into the premiership.

So our POTY, top goal scorer and mount who got a call up to the senior England squad weren’t our 3 best players? 

Right o mate!

9 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

The season kicks off in 6 weeks which is a lucky number in Chinese and extra lucky for us because it is 6 weeks and 3 sleeps and 3 divides into 6 exactly, so that's extra lucky.

We're playing Huddersfield first up on a Monday night. Monday has 6 letters unlike Saturday, but that won't stop us from losing. We probably will. But that's lucky because when we start a season badly it's often a good season by the end

And we will have a manager who will be positive and committed to the cause of getting us up; we will have new players who may, or may not, be good and we will see Mr Shinnie in action as well as new youngsters from the Academy and maybe a new loanee or two; it will be hot, the pitch will look wonderful, the fans will be tanned and full of the joys of a new season and that lot will be champions by August 10th. The angst and strife of the last few weeks will be a distant memory, we'll be keeping half an eye on Aberdeen's results and perhaps we'll even have a bounce

Roll on. Can't wait.

What about this time next week when it's 5 weeks to the start of the season? Is 5 a lucky number too?

Derby has 5 letters in it too. 

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this in another thread - But if Lampard goes to Chelsea he might lend us Tomori again - Maybe even Mount as well if he's not going to use him? We'd have to be in pole position for Chelsea loans anyway though surely?

35 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

What about this time next week when it's 5 weeks to the start of the season? Is 5 a lucky number too?

Derby has 5 letters in it too. 

Derby County has 11 letters - The perfect number for a football team

11 minutes ago, JG400 said:

Adrian Durhram (Talksport) has predicated that if Lampard leaves we will get relegated, every season he states we will never get promoted with Keogh in defence

Best omen for a good season yet.

Just need Fat Kenny to tell us why Forest will better us and we’re all set.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

So our POTY, top goal scorer and mount who got a call up to the senior England squad weren’t our 3 best players? 

Right o mate!

So you think Keogh was not one of our best players …………………………. even though the players themselves voted him the player of the season.

Glad you think you know better

Archived