Any Vegans or Vegetarians on here?

froggg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mrs is a veggie, which, by extension, almost means I am. She is a great cook and can honestly say I don't miss eating meat on most days.

Lots of pasta, risotto, curries, salads, tagines, fish and seafood... Indian/Mexican/Levant cookbooks are good for non-meat containing recipes.

Emphasis on the veg as the main ingredient actually gives you a new appreciation of how good veg can be, rather than a sideshow to the main event to be fair. I was never a massive meat-eater before we met anyway, but I don't miss bacon, can live without burgers... but you can't replace beef gravy or a steak, which I still enjoy from time to time.

Genuinely think it makes you a better cook as find you get a bit lazy when you've got the flavour of the meat to get you out of jail if you happen to have made a bland sauce.

Will get some pictures up next time I've been at the stove.

Sith Happens
On 21/06/2019 at 01:24, uttoxram75 said:

Time to bale out if thats the standard of puns...

Agree,  its the last straw for me

Sith Happens
23 hours ago, Boycie said:

Do you know that cow farts make the ozone hole bigger?

Eat more beef or die.

Your logic is sound.

Bit like global warming. Bring it on, burn as much fossil fuels as possible,  who wants to freeze to death. Titanic wouldn’t have sunk if we had got rid of all the ice. Its a bloomin nuisance.

37 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Your logic is sound.

Bit like global warming. Bring it on, burn as much fossil fuels as possible,  who wants to freeze to death. Titanic wouldn’t have sunk if we had got rid of all the ice. Its a bloomin nuisance.

Right on brother! ??

I probably eat too much meat. Most of us do but the length of our gut from an anatomical POV is designed for us to be omnivorous.

a balanced diet is what we should naturally eat - that should mean more veg but I ain’t excluding anything from my diet

( except school custard which is the work of the devil ?

5 hours ago, jono said:

I probably eat too much meat. Most of us do but the length of our gut from an anatomical POV is designed for us to be omnivorous.

a balanced diet is what we should naturally eat - that should mean more veg but I ain’t excluding anything from my diet

( except school custard which is the work of the devil ?

Loved the pink custard that was served with chocolate pudding at my old school.

On 20/06/2019 at 20:39, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Now, where's Lambchop when you need her?

Lamb. Chop. 

There's a vegan restaurant in Melton I've been to a few times, because a friend lives nearby. 

I quite liked the food, but I've no idea what it was. Expensive grass, mainly. 

On 21/06/2019 at 18:28, Boycie said:

Do you know that cow farts make the ozone hole bigger?

Eat more beef or die.

Don’t we just have to find a way to make cows fart more? I reckon with enough sprouts and beer we could have cow-fuelled balloon rides.

......and yes I know it’s their belching that makes as much methane for any junior scientists out there.

On 22/06/2019 at 17:43, Paul71 said:

Your logic is sound.

Boycie's logic is to get rid of the cows to prevent to 'ozone hole' opening up. The quickest was to do that is by eating beef.

What if processed meats were taxed higher like sugar? I think folks would think twice buying a maccies.

Indians win for the best veg dishes. All them years of eating overcooked, awful British vegetables put me off for ages. Amazing how a different culture can transform something you wince at to really enjoying and would happily eat again.

Archived