Why aren't Derby County rivalling Lancashire duo for Charlton Athletic’s Patrick Bauer?

MauritianMonsta

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is Bris! For those who don't want to click, he's alive and still in Mexico.  The article is typical Bris fair, and I'm claiming he used a post I made in January (when we were trying to guess which League 1 CB we were in for) as his inspiration for the article.  Missed a trick though in not copying my reference to Kiefer Sutherland's character in 24.  Ahh, Bris.

Didn't think he'd look like that though

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't know anything about this guy but if he's available on a free and only Preston and Blackburn are after him I am guessing the reason we are not interested is because he's a dud.

Thought Marriott was the Dud?!

What a bizzare article. Probably because he’d be a rather underwhelming signing, and despite being an excellent defender we need more in an overall game? Trying to make the club out as idiots could only come from one bloke...

That said I imagine we could entice him here if we wanted, were a bigger club than those mentioned in a better position. Charlton fans will be disappointed to see him leave on a free I expect after seeing them up, seems a little harsh to ditch them to me. Would be a decent free transfer for someone, but clearly not us. 

Im sure however we have our own targets who are potentially better. As long as we’re not missing out on those there’s not a problem. Still early days and plenty of time to do deals yet. We do need a number of players in mind with all those that have left, particularly in centre back with only two players there so would expect a couple of incomings there soon enough. Hopefully we can get Tomori back and then all we’ll need is cheap cover... we’ll see.

Archived