Looks like tomori can’t come back

Gringo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daily Mail.... I.... can not...... must not..... click....click.....the link! 

Phew! I was tempted because I feel like if someone wants to share something then the least we can do is look. But I've read too much made up poo about people in places they 100% aren't, doing things that they have been proven not to have done. 

These papers are trolling now. They've got 2 clubs with big fanbase clicking every little headline at the minute. 

Like they're being so lazy about the whole thing. It's like

"Derby to leave Pride Park" (click link)

"Derby County could be looking for a new home if owner Mel Morris chooses to sell the ground to his mate Dave who's looking to turn the Ram's home into the world's largest ski resort" 

Could. If. No quotes. No explanation how the story popped up. 

It's just trolling now. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Daily Mail.... I.... can not...... must not..... click....click.....the link! 

Phew! I was tempted because I feel like if someone wants to share something then the least we can do is look. But I've read too much made up poo about people in places they 100% aren't, doing things that they have been proven not to have done. 

These papers are trolling now. They've got 2 clubs with big fanbase clicking every little headline at the minute. 

Like they're being so lazy about the whole thing. It's like

"Derby to leave Pride Park" (click link)

"Derby County could be looking for a new home if owner Mel Morris chooses to sell the ground to his mate Dave who's looking to turn the Ram's home into the world's largest ski resort" 

Could. If. No quotes. No explanation how the story popped up. 

It's just trolling now. 

It’s actually a logical piece of journalism based on the rules of the champions league.

8 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

It’s actually a logical piece of journalism based on the rules of the champions league.

But adds in every other line that expected new manager Frank Lampard will have problems making up a compliant squad for CL football.

7 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Bro, I'm gonna take your word for it because I'm not giving these knobbers the clicks. I know I'm only 1 internet warrior but hopefully there's an army soon

I didn't hold out much hope for Tomori anyway tbh. I thought he would be the most likely of the 3 but he got a crash course last season and came out the deserved PotY. It seems natural to try and get him to repeat it at a higher level. Maybe the PL or a club abroad where he might even get European football. I mean I can see benefits for him coming back though. 

I would hate to see him as a token homegrown player. I really like Tomori and I would love to see him go to the top of the game. 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Christensen, Luiz, Rudiger and Ampadu are likely to be their 4 CBs going into next season. Azpilicheta can also fill in there. I can’t see them keeping Tomori just to make up the numbers with little intention of him playing. 

Also got Zouma as well. I think we still have a good chance of getting him back as long as Chelsea dont need to keep him to fill their Champs League squad quota.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well it depends who our manager is because they may not even want Tomori 

Well if Lampard goes and we bring in a manager who wouldn't want to have Tomori in his squad then I wouldn't want that manager.

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Any manager who wouldn't want Tomori shouldn't be our manager

Depends on the manager

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Well if Lampard goes and we bring in a manager who wouldn't want to have Tomori in his squad then I wouldn't want that manager.

We will get what we get 

1 hour ago, Asheville Ram said:

Am I missing something in this that means it would have to be Tomori as part of the CL squad? To me it just looks like he's a name they've thrown in there as a possible homegrown player, when other young players could just as easily fill that position.

No more Chelski loanees thanks very much.

lets not pretend we're mates anymore.

you can't be a Ram and a bluenose.

Good article, certainly when I read on a bit more. I guess Tomori isn't going anywhere, certainly not until closer to the start of the season where Chelsea will know where they stand. We'll have to find the next Tomori - who had a pretty subpar loan at Hull last season and could come into the Derby team? I know there was one, but the name escapes me. Steve Martin.... Chris Wilder... Steve Wilder... ah, I give up! 

50 minutes ago, JfR said:

Am I missing something in this that means it would have to be Tomori as part of the CL squad? To me it just looks like he's a name they've thrown in there as a possible homegrown player, when other young players could just as easily fill that position.

Frank will find a way to persuade Chelsea to let us have him next season.

Real revolutionary article there by the daily mail, not like I could have figured out Chelsea have that issue by a quick look on Wikipedia or owt. Will be another though thing to figure out for the new manager when they submit their squad for the season mind, to try and find some suitable players in the academy, which is what they’ll be forced to do. But all part of the job and it’s the way things are in football for a reason- to give youth a chance, about time in chelseas case. Does make us unlikely to keep Tomori but I think we knew that anyway, either Chelsea will keep him because he’s good enough (and home grown) or will sell him I think. Maybe another loan is possible but that’s our only chance, ball really in Chelsea’s court and their transfer ban makes it all the less likely. Makes other talented loanees in from Chelsea less likely too as many will need to remain for the club trained quota.

Still Chelsea’s situation hilarious, not even taking the options on the players they could buy, are they insane! When Ross Barkley is gonna be one of your star players and Danny drinkwater could be involved you know you’re in trouble. Desperation calls for Chelsea and after there years of spending I’m loving it frankly, having to recall all the players once deemed not good enough cause they can’t sign anyone else. Good luck to Lampard taking on this mess, not what a manager wants ideally.

Archived