New arrivals

BodminRam

Not sure how with all this speculation going around the club at the mo, is going to effect our season, we all know we need  recruitments to replace those who have left. It seems other clubs are preparing and we seem to be getting left behind. even some targets mentioned have signed elsewhere. If / when FL leaves, I just hope the new guy, or if its Frank are left with descent targets, Training starts at the beginning of July, and that's not far away. So far we have 1 player signed, and that was Franks signing, I wonder how even he is feeling at the moment should their be a new man in charge, frank obviously spoke to him, but would he be in a new mans plans. I just hope all this gets sorted quickly.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s making it manic on here but I’m sure the speculation isn’t affecting anything at the club. There’s been nothing official yet so I’m sure we’re just continuing on as normal for now and progressing with transfers (that we do desperately need) as normal. Recruitment normally runs separate to coaching nowadays anyway so managerial speculation shouldn’t stop anything happening in that respect. There’s no mad tearing hurry anyway, the windows barely opened and there’s a month to go yet or so... ideally we want a few in before pre season but realistically your big targets could take till the end of July to see through. I can’t see any players we’ve actively made moves for gone elsewhere yet so don’t think we’ve missed out on anything yet- couple of options maybe but nothing more. Plenty of time to go yet, no need to panic. And in terms of shinnie, while I’m sure the speculation will affect him as all of our players as to who their boss is going to be, you sign for the club not the manager. Especially these days with the manager merrygoround the way it is.

I think we’ll know more by mid this week and by the end things will be moving properly. We’ll see.

No need to panic: we've signed one player already, plus the speculation has only really ramped up over the last 48 hours, certainly not much longer than a bank holiday weekend, so doubt our preparation is really taking a big hit. If Lampard goes, he goes, we've got a bit of room in the budget and the best academy in the entire division to pick players from. We do need to bring players in, but targets would have been long set & established (I would hope) before this point. A new manager may have new players in mind, but the scout reports don't disappear when Lampard goes and the new manager can have a look through and pick who he likes. 

My biggest take away is that I would like a manager who has a proven track record in the loan market, i.e. Chris Hughton, so clubs trust us to look after their best and brightest again. The bosman market is the only one that is busy at the moment and we moved quickly to land what I perceive to be our new one target in Shinnie. 

If this carries on until the end of the month then I would be irritated, but I doubt that will be the case - one way or another. This time next week we will know where we stand.  

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

No need to panic: we've signed one player already, plus the speculation has only really ramped up over the last 48 hours, certainly not much longer than a bank holiday weekend, so doubt our preparation is really taking a big hit. If Lampard goes, he goes, we've got a bit of room in the budget and the best academy in the entire division to pick players from. We do need to bring players in, but targets would have been long set & established (I would hope) before this point. A new manager may have new players in mind, but the scout reports don't disappear when Lampard goes and the new manager can have a look through and pick who he likes. 

My biggest take away is that I would like a manager who has a proven track record in the loan market, i.e. Chris Hughton, so clubs trust us to look after their best and brightest again. The bosman market is the only one that is busy at the moment and we moved quickly to land what I perceive to be our new one target in Shinnie. 

If this carries on until the end of the month then I would be irritated, but I doubt that will be the case - one way or another. This time next week we will know where we stand.  

On Hughton's record in the loan market what are you seeing? Given his time at Brighton I can only see Glen Murray as an outright success on loan. Whilst there, Hughton seemed to concentrate on loaning in journeymen and when he did bring in younger players on loan they didn't seem to get much game time - I was surprised to see Tomori was there 2 seasons back, only played 10 games.

Are you looking further back than his time at Brighton?

Archived