Sign in to follow this  
David

Garry Monk leaves Birmingham

Clicking on that link the first thing I saw was "Garry Monk one of the best things to happen to #bcfc in years. Brought hope back to players, fans & staff because he’s a good manager who cares for people. He has no intention of leaving Blues. Board need to focus on unity and clarity inside club - and sanity in transfer market."

awkward andy samberg GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

2 minutes ago, David said:

He loves the limelight doesn’t he?

Why name Rowett? It’s so unprofessional from an owner of a football club.  I can imagine it puts some off working for him.

Interesting as that reads more like a sacking... very odd as he’s done a decent job there. His coaching staff have done him in as well and stayed which is highly unusual, normally as manager your staff go with you, very odd as to what’s happened there. Whichever way up wherever monk ends up next, which I suspect will be somewhere in the championship, he’ll need a whole new staff. Next manager will have a serious job on their hands if Brum want promotion with all their ffp worries, as well as playing decent football too, unenviable job that’s very similar to ours!- tho far worse on the ffp front. Be forced into using youngsters with little budget. Overhaul going on in brum clearly, owners seems a bit barmy and don’t really know what they’re doing judging from the outside, very chaotic.

Another weird statement too that doesn’t really explain anything.

Not entirely sure why Peterborough’s owners sticking his oar into this business, he’s not exactly the most professional bloke is he? That said, in part he has a point. Should’ve been no way Rowett got our job or the stoke job based on the work he did at the previous jobs he was at and the level they were at. Ditto monk with Birmingham. Nowt to do with agents mind, they might get their clients more money (and themselves) but they don’t have influence over owners on appointments I’m pretty sure unless they’re idiots, in which case more fool them! Not all about promotions mind, monk did a great job at Swansea and played good football to start with, hence why he got the boro job after his sacking, made a bit of an arse of it there mind. 

Personally expect his next role to be in league one, seems to have an issue with owners that’s too risky to take a chance on.

42 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not entirely sure why Peterborough’s owners sticking his oar into this business, he’s not exactly the most professional bloke is he? That said, in part he has a point. Should’ve been no way Rowett got our job or the stoke job based on the work he did at the previous jobs he was at and the level they were at. Ditto monk with Birmingham. Nowt to do with agents mind, they might get their clients more money (and themselves) but they don’t have influence over owners on appointments I’m pretty sure unless they’re idiots, in which case more fool them! Not all about promotions mind, monk did a great job at Swansea and played good football to start with, hence why he got the boro job after his sacking, made a bit of an arse of it there mind. 

Personally expect his next role to be in league one, seems to have an issue with owners that’s too risky to take a chance on.

How did you work that one out?

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How did you work that one out?

Rowett sacked by Birmingham... gets Derby job? Rowett expensive and old Derby squad to 6th.. and that’s worthy of a “bigger job”?

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Rowett sacked by Birmingham... gets Derby job? Rowett expensive and old Derby squad to 6th.. and that’s worthy of a “bigger job”?

Under what circumstances was he sacked at Birmingham? He was doing a decent job there with what he had at his disposal, how did they do after her was sacked? 

He got us to 6th place with an 'old squad' surely that's an achievement? 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Under what circumstances was he sacked at Birmingham? He was doing a decent job there with what he had at his disposal, how did they do after her was sacked? 

He got us to 6th place with an 'old squad' surely that's an achievement? 

Yes I know it probably proved a poor decision but that’s not always cause he was doing a good job, can also be that his replacement did a woeful job. Bottom line is you don’t deserve a promotion after being sacked which is effectively what he got.

Should probably have said experienced- there was more than enough steel in that side that any manager worth his salt could have gotten us to the playoffs, wasn’t worthy of a bigger job.

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yes I know it probably proved a poor decision but that’s not always cause he was doing a good job, can also be that his replacement did a woeful job. Bottom line is you don’t deserve a promotion after being sacked which is effectively what he got.

Should probably have said experienced- there was more than enough steel in that side that any manager worth his salt could have gotten us to the playoffs, wasn’t worthy of a bigger job.

He took over a struggling Burton Albion and led them to 2 consecutive play offs, left them near the top of the league.

Took over Birmingham in 21st place and led them to a 10th place finish. Had them in 7th place when he was sacked. 

Took over Derby in 10th place and led them to the play offs next season. 

I can 100% see why teams thought he was worthy of 'promotion'.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He took over a struggling Burton Albion and led them to 2 consecutive play offs, left them near the top of the league.

Took over Birmingham in 21st place and led them to a 10th place finish. Had them in 7th place when he was sacked. 

Took over Derby in 10th place and led them to the play offs next season. 

I can 100% see why teams thought he was worthy of 'promotion'.

Never doubted the burton job, deserved the brum job on the back of that.

Birmingham had been under lee Clark when he took over. Didn’t take much to improve them. Did do a decent job but style of play meant he didn’t deserve our job.

We had been in a season started by Pearson to get 10th place. Was like a 10 game handicap. Rowett did what that season would’ve ended in without that moron. Decent but not great.

Nothing spectacular to entice teams other than what he did with a tiny club in burton imo.

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Never doubted the burton job, deserved the brum job on the back of that.

Birmingham had been under lee Clark when he took over. Didn’t take much to improve them. Did do a decent job but style of play meant he didn’t deserve our job.

We had been in a season started by Pearson to get 10th place. Was like a 10 game handicap. Rowett did what that season would’ve ended in without that moron. Decent but not great.

Nothing spectacular to entice teams other than what he did with a tiny club in burton imo.

Managers are mainly promoted on achievement, the fact that he improved every team he went to was why he kept getting better jobs. 

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Managers are mainly promoted on achievement, the fact that he improved every team he went to was why he kept getting better jobs. 

Have to look at things more than just that simply tho. Like whether those improvements were actually achievements based on management skill or something else. I could become manager of Burnley and be given 1bn to spend over the summer and I could probably get them to finish higher than last season. Doesn’t mean that’s a managerial achievement or that I’m any good.