Is Harry Redknapp An Idiot?

Bob The Badger

As I said in the other thread, I’m pretty sure he was just saying that it’s gonna happen based on speculation in the media that indicates that way, nothing more. I don’t think he’ll be involved in this in any way, be down to frank and his agent and chelseas board. Do agree mind that he should know that the media will take it as him knowing something because of his close links and that adds to the circus... stupid to come out and comment imo. Tho in all fairness I doubt frank was on mels radar before Harry mentioned him, he wasnt a manager at that point so was far from an obvious call.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mick Brolly said:

Could a idiot come up with a idea like Harry's roly polys?

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Weren’t  they Russ Abbotts? 

Thought they were dancers on the Les Dawson Show. 

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

As I said in the other thread, I’m pretty sure he was just saying that it’s gonna happen based on speculation in the media that indicates that way, nothing more. I don’t think he’ll be involved in this in any way, be down to frank and his agent and chelseas board. Do agree mind that he should know that the media will take it as him knowing something because of his close links and that adds to the circus... stupid to come out and comment imo. Tho in all fairness I doubt frank was on mels radar before Harry mentioned him, he wasnt a manager at that point so was far from an obvious call.

But here is what he said.

"In my personal opinion, he'll be the manager of Chelsea.

"It looks to me like it's going to happen."

What does looks like mean? Chelsea haven't requested to speak with him. Mel hasn't looked remotely resigned to losing him. And there has been zero malcontent or rumours thereof

I'm not asking you specifically, but when you've been in football your entire life and you got your nephew his last job it seems highly implausible that he never even mentioned the second one or asked for advice.

Just because Harry looks like a warthog licking urine of a nettle, doesn't mean he's a warthog.

My recollection is that 'Arry said he'd not spoken to Frank about it and this is just what he expects. Based on "you never know what will happen in the future" when it was put to him that Frank might simply be offered the job a few years down the line. I went onto the BBC site but couldn't immediately find the audio, so here's the report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48669468

'Arry is an idiot for putting pressure on his nephew, saying Frank would finish 3rd to 6th. On the Chelsea forum they say that without Hazard's input last season they would have been 12th. Frank will know that even if his uncle doesn't. It's another thing to feed into the equation. We don't know what the answer is yet.

And to those earlier in the thread, we are never going to go after Chelsea for tapping up, so forget that.

Apart from contradicting what he said two weeks ago, he is digging a deeper and deeper hole. Frank may well go, but hasn’t it occurred to these people, especially Sky, now, that continually spouting this garbage is ethically, and legally questionable. 

He is, at least currently, the manager of Derby County.

See listening to the actual quote, it definitely sounds like he's saying "he'll be Chelsea manager" in the tone of, "it's going to happen at some point in his career".

Not saying it's not going to happen now, but I don't think Harry actually knows what's happening this summer.

9 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

But here is what he said.

"In my personal opinion, he'll be the manager of Chelsea.

"It looks to me like it's going to happen."

What does looks like mean? Chelsea haven't requested to speak with him. Mel hasn't looked remotely resigned to losing him. And there has been zero malcontent or rumours thereof

I'm not asking you specifically, but when you've been in football your entire life and you got your nephew his last job it seems highly implausible that he never even mentioned the second one or asked for advice.

Just because Harry looks like a warthog licking urine of a nettle, doesn't mean he's a warthog.

It looks to me like he thinks based on what the media are saying that it’ll happen. Which is exactly how it reads to the rest of us too. But we all know from mels statement that much of this was exaggerated and there’s no guarantee until Chelsea approach, that frank is going anywhere. It does seem unlikely I agree, but it doesn’t read to me as it’s based on anything frank has said. He’s just an idiot for saying anything, it clearly could be minscontrued regardless.

I listened to it live yesterday, it was 100% a response to a typical media question - in no way did he suggest that he somehow had inside track, when asked if Frank had spoken to him about it he clarified that in those situations he always goes to his Dad (Frank Sr.) for advice. It was a 'media analyst' expert, Harry doing his usual 'this is what I think' thing, no different than asking Shearer on MOTD three months ago if he thinks Hazard will be at Chelsea next season.

FWIW he was very complimentary about both Derby and Morris.

All of that said, Frank will go to Chelsea - can you think of a news story in football in recent times that has had such momentum around it and not come true? I can't think of one.

The trouble with Redknapp is that he loves to be the centre of attention. As soon as a microphone gets within 6 feet of him, his mouth starts working and his brain can't keep up - his comments don't help anyone other than the muppet journos who are desperate to report something (anything!) to encourage more clicks/listeners. Can't imagine that Mel is overly pleased that 'good old Harry' has stuck his oar in again - and whatever the outcome of the Frank to Chelsea fiasco, I'd suggest it may be wise for Harry to avoid Pride Park for a while.....

He is a nice guy but not the brightest, he says what he thinks even if it’s best to keep his trap shut.

his comments often do not seem to match reality. He said that Chelsea chanted Franks name all night when we played them. I was sat in the Chelsea end and they didn’t , most of the time they didn’t sing at all. Yes they chant his name every now and then, especially at the end but old Arry must have been at a different game 

The timing of Soccer Aid at Stamford Bridge hasn’t been helpful, it’s been a journalists wet dream this past week. 

Whilst disappointed by his comments as Derby are my club, I also understand Harry is looking out for his family.

Now you can argue staying at Derby would be the best thing for Frank, and I will join in and rip into Chelsea all day, but I can see it from Harry’s point of view. He wanted the England job badly, never came his way, he will know what it feels like for a dream job not to be offered.

Chelsea is Lampard’s dream job, how would he feel if he turned it down now to wait for a few more years experience and for it to never come round again. How would you feel? 

Had Soccer Aid not been on I’m sure all these quotes wouldn’t have been flying around, but when asked he’s going to use the opportunity to put a case forward for Frank. Going to have plenty out there doubting him, so having family jump in your corner I totally get. 

But Harry, put a sock in it will ya!

I don't think he's an idiot because I genuinely think that he was just speculating. Listening to the interview, I don't think he claimed that he had an inside track.

That being said, it is pretty obvious that he's bound to have the inside track. If he doesn't then not many people will. He was also pretty complimentary of Derby.

What I would say is that, whilst I get the impression that he's trying to do his nephew a favour by ensuring that he gets his dream job, I would be pretty p***ed off with him if I was Frank - I feel that it runs the risk of appearing disrespectful to Derby, as well as potentially implying that contact has taken place before Chelsea have made an official approach. In the real world, we all acknowledge that that is likely, but it does paint an unsavory picture and perhaps doesn't put Frank in the best light. If I were Frank, I'd want Harry to keep quiet - especially if it is all as nailed on as it seems.

And FWIW, if an illegal approach has been made by Chelsea for Frank, I feel confident that Harry's dog was the one who initiated it - not Chelsea Football Club, your honour.

3 hours ago, irobinson said:

I don’t know why they keep rolling him out

embarrassing 

His stock is high at the moment, his media team will be on to every opportunity to get his name mentioned. He could earn massive bucks just for opening an envelope at the moment. 

5 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

His stock is high at the moment, his media team will be on to every opportunity to get his name mentioned. He could earn massive bucks just for opening an envelope at the moment. 

Well maybe his dog will earn some bucks, so Arry can dodge the tax man with his wages

Archived