The Shortlist...

On 17/06/2019 at 19:51, minesahartington said:

Word on the street is that these are on the list 

Hughton,Gerrard, Arteta, Phelan, Thierry Henry! and Wildcard Warnock...

Hughton - Safe enough, kind of boss you could see getting teams up. Has an unfair rep and wasn't treated brilliantly by past employers

Gerrard - Obviously comparable to Frank in some ways but not for me. Can't see him leaving Rangers for us

Arteta - Why the hell not. Only downside is the fact he'd be out the door as soon as Arsenal etc came knocking

Phelan - Think I remember an uneventful time as WBA boss. Probably a better no. 2

Henry - Had a nightmare in France, doesn't inspire me he could do much better here, but at least BBC would acknowledge us

Warnock - If Cardiff are daft enough to let him go I'd still take him. Knocking on but always done well, especially at getting teams up. Think backed properly he might be able to keep them there too. Wonder if we'd see Taarabt skulking up front for us. 

For what it's worth I think we will shortlist and interview, and whoever impresses Mel most will get it. Can only see at most 3 of those applying.

Be nice to have a clear idea of who is wanted to continue the job and go all out for them.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Rample said:

Hughton - Safe enough, kind of boss you could see getting teams up. Has an unfair rep and wasn't treated brilliantly by past employers

Gerrard - Obviously comparable to Frank in some ways but not for me. Can't see him leaving Rangers for us

Arteta - Why the hell not. Only downside is the fact he'd be out the door as soon as Arsenal etc came knocking

Phelan - Think I remember an uneventful time as WBA boss. Probably a better no. 2

Henry - Had a nightmare in France, doesn't inspire me he could do much better here, but at least BBC would acknowledge us

Warnock - If Cardiff are daft enough to let him go I'd still take him. Knocking on but always done well, especially at getting teams up. Think backed properly he might be able to keep them there too. Wonder if we'd see Taarabt skulking up front for us. 

For what it's worth I think we will shortlist and interview, and whoever impresses Mel most will get it. Can only see at most 3 of those applying.

Be nice to have a clear idea of who is wanted to continue the job and go all out for them.

Reading that, I would  hope that Gary Monk would be a serious contender. 

16 minutes ago, Rample said:

Warnock - If Cardiff are daft enough to let him go I'd still take him. 

His teams are effective but not entertaining. Thought we'd all agreed we prefer attacking, creative play to results at any price.

Colin, himself, is entertaining but only as a manager of another club.

So, please no. Anything but...

• 1 month later...
On 18/06/2019 at 19:31, valleyram said:

kent was useless in championship and ojo isnt good enough for the championship so off you pop to scotland , the spl is of brutal quality , celtic wouldnt win the championship as they are a poor side so id expect the current rangers team to be in bottom 6 of english championship , of rangers current team only morelos would play in last years Derby team 

This aged well.

Friendly yada yada yada... While the rest of this forum melts down about how gunk you are.

3 minutes ago, RFCWATP said:

This aged well.

Friendly yada yada yada... While the rest of this forum melts down about how gunk you are.

No, a few on the forum. We beat Bristol City so some of us are celebrating winning the league. 

The guy you're quoting is also a Scotsman living in Scotland. 

I don't speak Scottish but I assume "yadda yadda" means "we've won a pre season game and I give a flying fook" 

Fair enough. I'm sure you'll beat Inverness and Edinburgh FC. But winning a friendly vs Derby doesn't win you the Championship or the SPL I'm afraid

9 minutes ago, RFCWATP said:

This aged well.

We've had fans of Championship clubs coming on here and quoting something from a while back to mock, but a Rangers fan coming on here after a 1-0 victory in a pre-season friendly and finding a post about them from well over a month ago ......

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, RFCWATP said:

This aged well.

Nobody cares, that's why Scottish football is dying. Have fun playing in front of 6,000 at Kilmarnock with a grand total of 3,000 tuning in on TV.

Archived