Disrespect

Sean

Am I the only one disgusted by the lack of respect the media are showing Derby County with the whole Lampard saga?

I get that the frenzy has been drummed up to get clicks and sell newspaper copies but I'm sick of it now. We're a big Championship club in our own right and deserve to be treated as such by the media, regardless of the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Hope Lampard turns Chelsea down and sticks by us if any approach comes, just to see how the media react to not getting their way!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are Paul Jewell and I claim my £10

1 minute ago, Sean said:

We're a big Championship club in our own right and deserve to be treated as such by the media, regardless of the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Hello Mr Jewell, how's it all going these days?

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

Am I the only one disgusted by the lack of respect the media are showing Derby County with the whole Lampard saga?

I get that the frenzy has been drummed up to get clicks and sell newspaper copies but I'm sick of it now. We're a big Championship club in our own right and deserve to be treated as such by the media, regardless of the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Hope Lampard turns Chelsea down and sticks by us if any approach comes, just to see how the media react to not getting their way!

Disgusted, from Derby.

Same media muppets that had Harry Redknapp nailed on to be England Manager, and pump up every England team in any sport to be the winners of the competition before a competition starts and even more when England scrape by winning the first game of such competition before quickly looking for and finding ways to destroy whoever they believe is to blame when the wheels fall off, and then do their upmost best to destroy people's life's and their family life's because of a game of sport.

Generally a load of ex public schoolboys, overpaid fatties that couldn't pass a ball into an empty net, but are very quick to twist the knife into the back of their fellow countrymen when pitching up at their homes, and intruding on their private lifes to create a very cheap and dull story in the media gutter.

As always they are ready to paint the wonderful pictures and story of FL returning to Chelsea, but they are even more ready to destroy him just a bit further down the line.

I disagree, i'm sure a few contradictory articles from the usual suspects has zero impact on the actual workings of the club. We will be discussed as the understudy to Chelsea in most articles because we are. For 99% of people outside of Derbyshire the story is primarily about who will be the manager of a massive London club with huge global outreach, thus that is how it is reported. It is not nice seeing a manager who you want to stay constantly linked with an exit, but thats life. And if we're discussing disrespect/immoral practice within the media the Lampard rumours would perhaps be the least of my concerns. 

Chelsea aren't a massive club .  A top division club generally but they have been where Derby are on many occasions .   They've been fortunate to have a rich owner who needed a reason to operate in an expensive area of London .   Let's not blow smoke up there arse like everyone else.

I'm bored of it now. If he goes, he goes. If Roman has tapped Frank up, part of me hopes it all backfires horribly and Roman & Chelsea look like fools and suffer in mid-table with a toxic fanbase after sacking Frank. Unfortunately I've got too much respect for Frank at this moment so I wouldn't want him to fail. I'm stuck, I want Chelsea to fail but Frank to succeed.  

I’m not bother either way whether he stays or goes because to me he hasn’t started to build anything with us. Last season the back bone of our team was based on 3 loaned players and Marriott who will most likely leave if Frank remains.

Also if he turns down Chelsea what will his / our relationship be with them regarding future loans ?. They are our best chance of get quality young players in with Frank and especially Jody Morris’ connection. 

We can all slap Frank on the back as Wembley was unexpected. However the Elland rd semi Holmes / Marriott subbing was down to an injury not a tactical genius and to be honest Frank is not the flamboyant manager he was has a player. He’s pretty conservative even negative which Wembley showed.  

I found last season to be frustrating, mainly due to us being very topsey turvey, when at times we looked top 2 material and then during others bottom 2. 

Either way let’s hope Chelsea appoint Sarri’s replacement ASAP and we get this over and done with.  

7 hours ago, Sean said:

It’s just the London based press - nothing exists elsewhere- this is why Southgate and England have done well recently because he picks the team and not the London press - every tournament they got people like  jack wilshire and joe Cole in the team and they couldn’t even walk and contributed nothing 

8 hours ago, Sean said:

He won’t turn  it down 

Chelsea and Frank Lampard are both bigger stories than Derby - it’s not about a lack of respect, it’s about who’s the biggest priority in the minds of the journalists.

To most journos, Derby is a 2nd tier football team that has averaged a position in the 2nd tier since 1884. We don’t have the biggest season ticket numbers or attendance figures in the league, we have a local owner just like most teams too. Take out the loan players this season and we are just an average Championship side.

1 minute ago, Jonesy90 said:

Chelsea and Frank Lampard are both bigger stories than Derby - it’s not about a lack of respect, it’s about who’s the biggest priority in the minds of the journalists.

To most journos, Derby is a 2nd tier football team that has averaged a position in the 2nd tier since 1884. We don’t have the biggest season ticket numbers or attendance figures in the league, we have a local owner just like most teams too. Take out the loan players this season and we are just an average Championship side.

65 seasons in the top division I think?

Are you people insane? There's plenty of reasons to be proud of our club, but denying the reality of the situation makes us look ridiculous. Chelsea are currently a huge club. They are in the CL. They challenge for domestic trophies. They are one of a very small number of clubs with the resources to stay in the "big 6" in the Premier League. If they approached any manager outside that top 6 the media would (rightly) assume that said manager would take the job. It is not disrespectful, it is realistic.

I preferred it when we were 'Crisis Club' Derby County. 

We were then recognised for the massive club that we were..... Are. 

In fairness we've been doing our best to keep it up. New manager every season. Selling our ground to ourselves. Retaining players we don't want in order to avoid financial meltdown. Paying half a million quid to Paul Ince's wife for scouting. 

Its more entertaining off the pitch than it is on it. 

36 minutes ago, Anon said:

Are you people insane? There's plenty of reasons to be proud of our club, but denying the reality of the situation makes us look ridiculous. Chelsea are currently a huge club. They are in the CL. They challenge for domestic trophies. They are one of a very small number of clubs with the resources to stay in the "big 6" in the Premier League. If they approached any manager outside that top 6 the media would (rightly) assume that said manager would take the job. It is not disrespectful, it is realistic.

Plus Mel has already stated he expects Lampard to go (one day) and is cool about it .

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

65 seasons in the top division I think?

In the past 17 seasons we've been in the top league for one season. Since WW2 weve only been in the top division for about 30 seasons out of almost 75 years now. We might have been champions of england more times than Chelsea until they were bought by a multi billionaire, but we are firmly a second division side at this moment in time and we certainly wont draw more clicks than Chelsea or Lampard stories.

We have to realise that Frank is not just a manager doing a pretty good job in his first season But also one of Englands finest post war players,the guys up there with the Charltons,Bests and Beckhams of Football.So yes he will attract media attention regardless of if he goes or if he stays and i am pretty sure he will,why else would he enter into contract extension talks

Archived