Bury FC.

Shaker01

On 06/09/2019 at 14:38, AdamRam said:

Speaking to a gutted Bury fan earlier, he seemed to take pleasure in the news Derby are being investigated. Said we voted against their inclusion this season and this was the reason why he was so pleased. Didn’t know there was such a vote.

On 06/09/2019 at 20:34, Paul71 said:

Sounds like a bitter person. Honestly can't imagine mel voting that way.

On 07/09/2019 at 06:15, Chester40 said:

Interesting...... absolutely no understanding/ idea about this....

But as an eg if I were Mel, pumping-in £30million a year of my own cash to keep my club afloat....then some crook bought another club, siphoned off cash from it and then tried to liquidate the club...maybe I wouldn't be saying 'yeh, we won't punish you'.

Seen a few Bury fans say it as well on twitter, it's simply down to Stephen Pearce being on the EFL board, nothing more. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Bill Kenwright offered £1 million to help Bury before the deadline, but the EFL refused because it broker Premier League rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-50184255

It was refused because of a potential conflict of interest, yet the rules allow people to own clubs in two different countries and allow transfers between the two and that is not a conflict of interest.

On 27/10/2019 at 11:01, Paul71 said:

Bill Kenwright offered £1 million to help Bury before the deadline, but the EFL refused because it broker Premier League rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-50184255

It was refused because of a potential conflict of interest, yet the rules allow people to own clubs in two different countries and allow transfers between the two and that is not a conflict of interest.

What did it have to do with the premier league? I don't think Bury were threatening promotion up there were they?

Archived