Bury FC.

Shaker01

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why is this new consortium happy to buy the club when the previous group didn't like the fact that they would basically own any of the club assets. And why exactly have they waited until after the deadline and extended deadlines have passed before deciding to make a move. Its too late now - they should have acted when they had a chance.

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

So why is this new consortium happy to buy the club when the previous group didn't like the fact that they would basically own any of the club assets. And why exactly have they waited until after the deadline and extended deadlines have passed before deciding to make a move. Its too late now - they should have acted when they had a chance.

Possibly because the clubs creditors know that if they don’t accept whatever repayment is offered by the new owners then the club expel them and they get naff all as the club will probably be wound up.

45 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Dont think they have to anything in this case. Bury haven't been liquidated as I read it, but they have been thrown out of the league. 

I think the risk is that they have too much baggage to continue without professional league income and they go out of business as a consequence

17 hours ago, Spanish said:

I don' want to say anything in support of EFL but had they refused him and Bury had still gone don't you think they would incur more criticism?  I know feel dirty for saying something that could be deemed supportive of EFL

If that had happened they would've gone into administration with a lot more points on the board and would've at least finished mid table, giving them a solid base to try and find a buyer over the summer I guess...  

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

what annoys me is that they don't appear to have enough debt for administrators to come in and take over, which could've solved everything!

I think all they do own is the name from how I understand it.  Everything else is own by Day, or Dale, or some shady holdings company in Dale's son in law's name, or a company in Malta, which is owned by 8 other companies ?

And we thought The Three Amigos were tricky...

On 28/08/2019 at 16:20, Spanish said:

they can create a new team called the New Bury and start at the bottom again but all their records are gone.  They wont hold the record for the largest FAC win but we retain the biggest defeat!

Shared with Watford now. I think they’re trying their best to share our 11pts record too, bless them. 

9 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Shared with Watford now. I think they’re trying their best to share our 11pts record too, bless them. 

Its because WIll Hughes wants to come back to where he belongs - get them relegated and he can come back and finally get us promoted.

Speaking to a gutted Bury fan earlier, he seemed to take pleasure in the news Derby are being investigated. Said we voted against their inclusion this season and this was the reason why he was so pleased. Didn’t know there was such a vote.

5 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Speaking to a gutted Bury fan earlier, he seemed to take pleasure in the news Derby are being investigated. Said we voted against their inclusion this season and this was the reason why he was so pleased. Didn’t know there was such a vote.

Sounds like a bitter person. Honestly can't imagine mel voting that way.

9 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Sounds like a bitter person. Honestly can't imagine mel voting that way.

Interesting...... absolutely no understanding/ idea about this....

But as an eg if I were Mel, pumping-in £30million a year of my own cash to keep my club afloat....then some crook bought another club, siphoned off cash from it and then tried to liquidate the club...maybe I wouldn't be saying 'yeh, we won't punish you'.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Interesting...... absolutely no understanding/ idea about this....

But as an eg if I were Mel, pumping-in £30million a year of my own cash to keep my club afloat....then some crook bought another club, siphoned off cash from it and then tried to liquidate the club...maybe I wouldn't be saying 'yeh, we won't punish you'.

Also, it’s be a mercy vote. They didn’t play a single game in the season in the end, so what was the point of admitting them in the first place. Shouldn’t really have let them in if they weren’t ready to go. If they had have found a buyer st the last minute, how were they going to play their back log of games?

It irritates me that there is always a lot of hand-wringing about Football League rules on 'fit n proper' person not being good enough and it must change etc etc. 

Then the very same people will be complaining when a fan's group/ local MP/ some random 'white knight' comes riding to the rescue an hour before the deadline and are told it's too late to just step in!

Archived