Bury FC.

Shaker01

10 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

For the sake of football, the EFL need to cover the £2.7 million and remove Steve Dale as the owner of the club. The EFL are partially to blame for letting an asset stripper business own the club, they should take responsibility to help the fans.

The sooner the EFL starts properly monitoring clubs and starts to issue warnings against owners, the better.

the efl aren't going to bail out a club for £2.7M. all member clubs would have to agree to it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So he is saying they don't need the money? If that's the case why is nobody being paid and how the hell is the club in this situation? Is he mentally deficient or is there some sort of explanation I am missing here?

I believe the argument is that the EFL are demanding proof that the funding is there to finance the club for the season, and this charlatan keeps saying that the funds are there and he's already provided the proof... but the EFL then asked for further proof including details of sourcing.

22 hours ago, GenBr said:

There is no reason for them to struggle financially other than their own inepitude - they fail to balance the books because they want to get promoted - same as Derby. 

Presumably we are inept as well for failing to balance the books each year?

15 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I believe the argument is that the EFL are demanding proof that the funding is there to finance the club for the season, and this charlatan keeps saying that the funds are there and he's already provided the proof... but the EFL then asked for further proof including details of sourcing.

Ah, thanks. Well given that he hasn't been paying his staff I don't blame the EFL for not taking him at his word. Although I do blame them for letting an absolute parasite like him take over a football club in the first place.

42 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Presumably we are inept as well for failing to balance the books each year?

Did you not read the second part of the text you quoted? We could balance the books if we wanted to, but we don't because we are gambling trying to get promoted. If it turns out that Mel doesn't have enough money to cover these losses year after year and we then go the way of Bury then yes we are extremely inept.

Derby County is only ok as long as we have an owner who is willing and able to cover the overspend. A succession of Bury FC owners have made mistake after mistake and have run the club extremely poorly in their quest to get promoted - unfortunately for them it turns out their owners are unwilling or unable to cover the costs any longer. To run any business over a number of years making loss after loss is unsustainable and there is absolutely no reason why football teams should be held to any other standards that every other business is held to.

Is that so ? 

I love Derby County, got a Ram tattoo on my arm. I love tomato sauce, I don’t have a bottle of ketchup tattoo though and therein lies the difference, if Heinz went out the game I could use another brand of sauce, if Derby County went the same way, I couldn’t follow another team.

And the club just starting anew at the bottom of the league pyramid  with a slightly different name wouldn’t suffice, what about all the history ? memories ? emotion invested ? That goes with the club’s demise for me. 

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Is that so ? 

I love Derby County, got a Ram tattoo on my arm. I love tomato sauce, I don’t have a bottle of ketchup tattoo though and therein lies the difference, if Heinz went out the game I could use another brand of sauce, if Derby County went the same way, I couldn’t follow another team.

And the club just starting anew at the bottom of the league pyramid  with a slightly different name wouldn’t suffice, what about all the history ? memories ? emotion invested ? That goes with the club’s demise for me. 

You’d make do though. It’s not like you’d go off and support forest cos they’re the next closest team, or start liking cricket more. You’d start following the Phoenix club instead, and eventually, it will all feel like home again. I bet rangers fans don’t think too much about how they’re not really the same club, they just enjoy match day (unless they’re getting tonked by Celtic). 

Is that so ? 

Rangers, Wimbledon?

If Derby were ever to go pop, I'm sure most fans would get behind a phoenix Derby City FC, especially if they just carried on playing at PPS, we could even re-sign Bradley Johnson.

9 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

You’d make do though. It’s not like you’d go off and support forest cos they’re the next closest team, or start liking cricket more. You’d start following the Phoenix club instead, and eventually, it will all feel like home again. I bet rangers fans don’t think too much about how they’re not really the same club, they just enjoy match day (unless they’re getting tonked by Celtic). 

7 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

Rangers, Wimbledon?

If Derby were ever to go pop, I'm sure most fans would get behind a phoenix Derby City FC, especially if they just carried on playing at PPS, we could even re-sign Bradley Johnson.

No, that’s the thing, I’m kind of clinging on to football in general by the skin of my teeth if DCFC went pop that would put the tin lid on it for me, me and football would be done for good. I really believe, because of my age, I’ve seen the best of British football and the game is going to hell in a handcart. Will the Coventry’s and Bury’s be just the start ...?

Is that so ? 

When a club goes bust allow them to carry on existing as an entity then - just sell off the stadium, sell every other asset they own, release all the players and relegate them to the bottom tier of the pyramid if that's what your worried about. Then you get to keep your history and memories. If they go bust though it can't just be ignored and they definitely shouldn't be bailed out by the league. 

If Derby County ceased to exist I would go and support whatever new club formed in an instant - football is the only sport I like and I would support whichever club is representing Derbyshire. 

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

Did you not read the second part of the text you quoted? We could balance the books if we wanted to, but we don't because we are gambling trying to get promoted. If it turns out that Mel doesn't have enough money to cover these losses year after year and we then go the way of Bury then yes we are extremely inept.

Derby County is only ok as long as we have an owner who is willing and able to cover the overspend. A succession of Bury FC owners have made mistake after mistake and have run the club extremely poorly in their quest to get promoted - unfortunately for them it turns out their owners are unwilling or unable to cover the costs any longer. To run any business over a number of years making loss after loss is unsustainable and there is absolutely no reason why football teams should be held to any other standards that every other business is held to.

Can't say that Bury FC ever struck me as a club chasing rainbows.

16 minutes ago, GenBr said:

When a club goes bust allow them to carry on existing as an entity then - just sell off the stadium, sell every other asset they own, release all the players and relegate them to the bottom tier of the pyramid if that's what your worried about. Then you get to keep your history and memories. If they go bust though it can't just be ignored and they definitely shouldn't be bailed out by the league. 

If Derby County ceased to exist I would go and support whatever new club formed in an instant - football is the only sport I like and I would support whichever club is representing Derbyshire. 

Imagine the away days in non-league!!! Would be awesome ? much more fun than the Prem probs 

52 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Chesterfield?

Good news that, at least means there’s still some hope of them getting the takeover they need for the league to allow them to stay. Offer being accepted isn’t quite everything sorted though... the EFL will still need to agree whoever has bid is fit and proper for the takeover to go through..

50 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Unbelievable,  absolute charlatan. No wonder he's been evasive regarding funds. He's been kicking the can down the road until everything was in place to make £ out of it.  

Him and his family taking advantage of businesses on their downers. Makes me sick. 

And we get criticised for Wayne Rooney wearing 32 while there’s things like this going On in football... sickening that people can destroy clubs the way that Dale has with Bury. All that history, all those fans.. and he’s just in the background trying to get every last penny he can... what even is the fit and proper test doing at this point?....

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Good news that, at least means there’s still some hope of them getting the takeover they need for the league to allow them to stay. Offer being accepted isn’t quite everything sorted though... the EFL will still need to agree whoever has bid is fit and proper for the takeover to go through..

If they let the current owner buy the club it would have to be the literal reincarnation of Adolf Hitler for them to turn a new one down and even then I think they'd be willing to give him a second chance.

Archived