Bury FC.

Shaker01

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

us fans in the Prem and championship dont know how lucky we are , the hardship in the lower leagues is now plain for all to see , the money is not shared out fairly from television , big clubs no longer shop for players in these leagues , i fear for a lot of these clubs somebody somewhere has to come up with a solution or lower league football is going to die

Are Bolton's problems as a result of being a lower league team? Don't they stem from spending too much in the pursuit of staying in the premier league?

Not sure on the issues with Bury but other clubs manage and Burton even tend to turn a profit, albeit small, each year.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Premier ram said:

us fans in the Prem and championship dont know how lucky we are , the hardship in the lower leagues is now plain for all to see , the money is not shared out fairly from television , big clubs no longer shop for players in these leagues , i fear for a lot of these clubs somebody somewhere has to come up with a solution or lower league football is going to die

How exactly is the money not shared out equally? Total attendance in the championship last year was over 11 million, under 5 mill for league 1 and roughly 2.5 mill for league 2. The split for the TV money is roughly 70% for the Championship, 20% for League 1 and 10% for League 2, which matches pretty well. What system would you use instead to split anymore fairly than that?

Dozens of teams buy players from the lower leagues including Derby County. Leicesters title winning team included former non league players for Christ sake. Peterbrough are constantly selling players to higher leagues with lucrative clauses included.

Football clubs are businesses like any other. As much as i hate to see a club loses its history if their owners have done such a terrible job running the club then they should be dismantled like any other business. The EFl is supposed to be there to protect clubs from bad owners, but we all know they do nothing of the sort.

There is no reason for them to struggle financially other than their own inepitude - they fail to balance the books because they want to get promoted - same as Derby. 

One thing I would say is that I see all new clubs as a continuation of the old ones. A football club is more than just a legal entity. The only people that pedal the football clubs are just numbers on a balance sheet myth are the sad acts from clubs like Celtic and MK franchise who are so desperate to get one over on their rivals they forget that it the community that makes the club what it is. If Bury and Bolton have to reform they won't be any different, aside from having to work their way through non league for a few seasons.

18 hours ago, cannable said:

Hmm fit and proper getting a mention again, it’s a bit of a joke to even mention it now in football circles, given the pedigree of far too many in football circles.

The game is all about money and excess. There are plenty of other sports going the same way mind.

29 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm just imagining a possible worst case scenario if either club were to go bust.

Yeah, I just wondered how it worked. A mate used to support Maidstone United and they disappeared. Accrington Stanley went too. Is it just a case of forming a club and joining the league?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, I just wondered how it worked. A mate used to support Maidstone United and they disappeared. Accrington Stanley went too. Is it just a case of forming a club and joining the league?

Yes. I paid closer attention to Wimbledon's reformation than any other. I know you have to apply to join a tier of the non league pyramid and I think you have to meet certain conditions in terms of finances, ground etc.. Most leagues at that level seem pretty happy to have a phoenix club join, since it means bumper crowds at least 10 times the size of what can normally be expected.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes they basically just form a new club, associate yourself with one of the local football associations and then apply to join one of the lower tiers in the pyramid. Wimbledon came back in at tier 9 and worked their way back up. In the lower tiers the number of teams per league is quite fluid and they are regional rather than national.

Hashtag United were a Youtube team originally, but the FA allowed them to join at tier 10 and they have since been promoted to tier 9. In theory there is nothing stopping you from joining the pyramid with a dcfcfans team if you had the resources.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Bagsy the kit-man job!  

What's the wages likely to be, @David?  And will I be able to skank a few wash tablets from the club laundry?

Nowt, players can wash their own kit. You don’t see Tesco washing their staff uniform do you?

1 minute ago, David said:

Nowt, players can wash their own kit. You don’t see Tesco washing their staff uniform do you?

Well, it's clear where your ambitions lie!  Try comparing to Waitrose, and we might just make a good go of this!

#tinpotclubfortinpotfans

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

He's actually such a wet lettuce.image.png.8711edd4528b16b87b6179ca7cf6e18e.png

For the sake of football, the EFL need to cover the £2.7 million and remove Steve Dale as the owner of the club. The EFL are partially to blame for letting an asset stripper business own the club, they should take responsibility to help the fans.

The sooner the EFL starts properly monitoring clubs and starts to issue warnings against owners, the better.

Archived