Bury FC.

Shaker01

Hi all-lifelong Shaker (55) here.

We are in a bit of a pickle, at Gigg Lane with our previous owner vastly over-spending and our new one proving 'difficult' to say the least.
Suffice to say we have a winding up order deferred to the 19th June.

The most likely outcome appears to be dministration, take the 12 point hit and start again.

I've been watching Bury all my days, and have seen Bury play every club competitively, apart from yourselves, the big North London 2,

Villa and West Ham and possibly Leeds who we played in 1974 League Cup  but I really can't recall if I went to that game.

Last time we were in the same division was 1985/6 season, I was away at Poly, two 1-1 draws!!

We did have a two year spell in the 2nd tier, where we got to see a lot of sides we wouldn't usually play against!

Obviously we are unlikely to play you in the league, for some time, if ever again, but to play you in the Cup would be a good day!

And the 6-0 monkey is now off your back with City equalling our record vs yourselves!

Bury can be a cracking day out fantastic including www.eastlancsrailway.org.uk vintage steam and diesel railway.

If you can please spread the word and if you can run to a fiver/tenner maybe a little more, any help would be greatly appreciated--please note 10% surcharge on any donations made.

Thanks for your time--Phil.

https://www.gofundme.com/save-bury-football-club

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Another fixture suspended - not looking good.....

However, just seen that a strange bit of graffiti has appeared on one of the turnstile doors overnight:

https://twitter.com/bbc5live/status/1161303304527327232

If it's a real Banksy, it might just be worth enough to keep them going....

‘Suspended’ not cancelled. Does that mean they’re hoping to play all these games st some point. They’re going to have a massive back log if they do get out the poo. 

Sith Happens

I have sympathy but surely it can't go on, i don't understand why the league is not at least awarding tonight's tie to Wednesday,  its one thing trying to catch up on league games but cup games are different surely.

Just let them fold and reform in whatever non league will take them then let the true fans enjoy the ride back to the football league.

15 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I have sympathy but surely it can't go on, i don't understand why the league is not at least awarding tonight's tie to Wednesday,  its one thing trying to catch up on league games but cup games are different surely.

Just let them fold and reform in whatever non league will take them then let the true fans enjoy the ride back to the football league.

Fully agree - the EFL Cup, unlike L1 is time limited - there are another round of fixtures to be played in pretty quick succession. The EFL have given Bury several opportunities to demonstrate that they have a financial plan in place to last the season. They have failed to do so. Clearly the EFL do not have confidence that they will be able to do this, and certainly not in the short term. It makes no logical sense to 'suspend' the cup tie in those circumstances - there simply won't be enough time before the next round.

Award the tie to Wednesday and be done with it. Quite frankly, I'd imagine that Bury will have far more important things to worry about than an EFL Cup tie that they're unlikely to win anyway. They could probably do without it, if I'm being completely honest. If they do survive, and I absolutely hope that they do, then they're going to have a fixture pile up as long as your arm anyway.

United & city urged to help them out by a local MP. ?‍♂️ Its not their responsibility to. They build 3g sports piches for local non league clubs & in the community for grass roots. Not up to them to bail them out in my opinion

That call on talksport was horrible i do feel for the players & all those not paid 

Their new owner Steve Dale has a history of asset stripping companies. No idea what the EFL were thinking when they let him buy the club. 

Its a good job that this is a high profile case and hopefully his hand will be forced to selling the club. 

52 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Their new owner Steve Dale has a history of asset stripping companies. No idea what the EFL were thinking when they let him buy the club. 

Its a good job that this is a high profile case and hopefully his hand will be forced to selling the club. 

Isn't part of the problem that he bought the club when Shaun Harvey was still EFL chairman/CEO/whatever his role was, and Dale is saying that Harvey said this that and the other, agreed to things that they have done, like the CVA, but there is record of what Harvey said/agreed.

Dale is claiming that the EFL keep moving the goal posts, EFL aren't saying a lot, just that Dale and Bury haven't done what they want and haven't proven financial sustainability, Dale says they keep changing the amount the want to be proven. Talksport raised a valid point when he was being interviewed, why doesn't he show that he has the money for the season like he is claiming and get the whole sordid affair over and done with. 

23 hours ago, rynny said:

Talksport raised a valid point when he was being interviewed, why doesn't he show that he has the money for the season like he is claiming and get the whole sordid affair over and done with. 

At one stage during the call he stated that he’s going to get Jill Neville, the club secretary of 20+ years, to show the proof that the players had been paid what he was claiming.

She resigned within hours of the call. All you need to know.

When I first heard Steve Dale on the radio I felt sorry for him, because he seemed to be tied up in unneeded paperwork and the EFL were seemingly making it difficult. He also revealed that he's been diagnosed with a terminal illness. However, he has been on a few times now and seems to contradict himself time-after-time. The amount of evidence against him is alarming.

No idea what his end game is? For me, he'd be better off retiring, heading somewhere sunny and spending the time he has left on this earth with a smile on his face. I can't believe he's put himself through all this undue stress for whatever reason. It certainly couldn't have been with the idea of making quick money. 

Sith Happens

I don't understand why people are calling for big clubs to come to the rescue of bury, and Bolton i guess. Where does it end if they did?  What about Ilkeston each time they have gone under, did Bolton or bury offer financial assistance to them? 

Its cold i know but fold and start again.

Surprised this thread's not bigger. Probably no one cares. Which is sad. For those who don't know Bury were indeed thrown out of the League Cup for not being able to fulfil that fixture, and have been told they'll be thrown out of the football league on Friday if things don't change.

Odd Bolton don't seem under the same peril - yet.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Surprised this thread's not bigger. Probably no one cares. Which is sad. For those who don't know Bury were indeed thrown out of the League Cup for not being able to fulfil that fixture, and have been told they'll be thrown out of the football league on Friday if things don't change.

You are right, unless its their own club no one really cares. 

I see the Accrington owner has called for better governance and financial management (in the belfast telegraph......) and there's now a call to look at parachute payments. 

There is an easy solution but owners and fans dont want to comply. More worried about the latest 'signings' and doing anything possible to reach the EPL. 

If Bury go out of business do all their previous results, especially FA Cup finals, become null and void? 

You have to feel for their fans, the hardcore support. We are ultimately all the same, even some Leeds fans, and just care far too much about our teams due to family and history and a sense of belonging. With all the money in the game it’s a scandal. 

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Not true at all, at least not for me. I've been following this very closely, just not sure what i'd post in here other than "another game postponed".

It's looking like they'll fold at this rate. Not sure why their owner hasn't accepted any of the offers he's had - you'd think you'd want to get away from all this ASAP and give someone the chance to save the club.

Horrible for their fans. No doubt they'll start an AFC Wimbledon type community based club and start from scratch again but to lose your club and all it's history would be so poo.

us fans in the Prem and championship dont know how lucky we are , the hardship in the lower leagues is now plain for all to see , the money is not shared out fairly from television , big clubs no longer shop for players in these leagues , i fear for a lot of these clubs somebody somewhere has to come up with a solution or lower league football is going to die

Archived