Three stripes

Rangers v Derby friendly ....

The first place I had a deep fried Pukka pie was in a chippy opposite their stadium in 1990, whilst working in Govan. Not tasty tbh, and nowhere else I have been has ever deep fried a pie, must be a Scottish thing.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Wasn’t the deep fried Mars Bar a Scottish staple? Along with the delicious haggis?

Spent 3 years in Edinburgh. I can confirm they deep fry everything - including mars bars and pizza! The haggis and pea soup is amazing though!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

Spent 3 years in Edinburgh. I can confirm they deep fry everything - including mars bars and pizza! The haggis and pea soup is amazing though!

Tastes offal I heard.

Edited by Boycie
Sorry, can’t help with the dad joke on Fathers Day.

The deep fried mars bar is more of a legend/tourist thing these days.

The deep fried pizza is alive and kicking, as is deep fried haggis.

Don't knock haggis though, the ingredients list puts people off but as long as it's not the super cheap stuff it's actually pretty tasty.

Square sausage > Link Sausage

@David im going from nottingham and my train ticket is just shy of £60. I am going about 3 on the Saturday and coming back on the monday. rather spend 6 hours or so on the train than on that roadrider haha

On 16/06/2019 at 19:09, RadioactiveWaste said:

Don't knock haggis though, the ingredients list puts people off but as long as it's not the super cheap stuff it's actually pretty tasty.

Stephen Fry on QI described something called a "Stoner", which is a jumbo sausage, wrapped in kebab meat, battered and deep-fried.

Can our 'gers guest confirm whether or not these delicacies are still in existence? 😂

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Stephen Fry on QI described something called a "Stoner", which is a jumbo sausage, wrapped in kebab meat, battered and deep-fried.

Can our 'gers guest confirm whether or not these delicacies are still in existence? 😂

Not encountered myself, but I don't live in a swanky part like Maryhill or Possil.

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Not encountered myself, but I don't live in a swanky part like Maryhill or Possil.

South Bearsden ? 

On the Ranger's website it says that the tickets for our game go on general sale on July 16th £15 Adults, £10 Concessions, £5 Juniors.   Not seen any announcement of when there'll be on sale down here or what our allocation will be.

If its a small ticket allocation, I might have to get one of my relatives to pop into Ibrox and pick up a few tickets. Would rather buy tickets through Derby's ticket office so I'd be sat with Derby fans.

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

On the Ranger's website it says that the tickets for our game go on general sale on July 16th £15 Adults, £10 Concessions, £5 Juniors.   Not seen any announcement of when there'll be on sale down here or what our allocation will be.

If its a small ticket allocation, I might have to get one of my relatives to pop into Ibrox and pick up a few tickets. Would rather buy tickets through Derby's ticket office so I'd be sat with Derby fans.

I think give us around 3k start of with but should be given a lot more.

On 17/06/2019 at 04:09, RadioactiveWaste said:

Done the deep fried mars bar, bit so-so. Absolutely love haggis, first time was a bowl laid over cooked onion. Haggis and black pudding a must with breakfast when I’m over there. Here’s another favourite, just not in a fridge!D5ED8659-702A-4F00-8F05-98FDF956F880.thumb.jpeg.a7ec38f955a99de45661ebf23664a301.jpeg

On 20 June 2019 at 17:06, HantsRam said:

Sounds more like a boner.

On 20/06/2019 at 17:06, HantsRam said:

Asking for a friend though, aren't you, Hants?