Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

Very interesting proposition. Do tell us more. 

What would you like to know?

I think he signed 3 year contract 2017 so has one year left. Is very flexible with the tactics, has preferred tactic of 3-4-3 and 5-4-1 when defending but has played also with 4-3-3/4-5-1 and 4-4-2 with diamond. Demands lots of creativity from his forwards and actually coaches it too. At the same time disciplined and that is also visible from his personal life; he still as fit as ever. Always in the stands when their second team is playing so whole club is aligned how he wants his team to play. 

Went to Tromssø 2017 when they were in relegation battle, changed the course completely (point average from 0,88 to 1,4). Next season they had to sell two of their best goalscorers and where expected to be in midtable due to Valakari, not the player material which was mostly made of experienced free transfers. His kid, Onni, among them.  

Since he has been offered job as a Liverpool's u18 manager. Of course turned it down. Also has been offered a place as a manager of HJK, which would be biggest job in Finland. Turned it down as well. Been rumoured to go to Rosenborg, lately last summer. Mainly due to limited finances (biggest salary is under 100K/year) at Tromssø but so far he has sticked with Tromssø. Would be very hard to lure away, I'm afraid. Tromssø will have their 100 birthday next year and as he is so liked there, you would expect them to stick with him at least until 2020. 

Stubborn, confident, and absolutely lovable fella who hasn't got his life on silver platter. Their captain signed new deal last summer and said main reason behind it being Simo.

image.png.f0606af6b6d73772d40b44c6032eb298.png

3 hours ago, TibshelfRam said:

For one thing, Lampard hasn't even met with Chelsea yet - will be tomorrow most likely. Lampard will probably still be here on Monday.

Seriously? What the hell is taking everyone so long? 

Sarri left on the 16th, presumably we gave permission to approach as soon as requested, so that's 9 days of nothing.

Another 3 days (minimum) between there and Frank starting talks. 

Totally messing us about.

Just now, Rample said:

Seriously? What the hell is taking everyone so long? 

Sarri left on the 16th, presumably we gave permission to approach as soon as requested, so that's 9 days of nothing.

Another 3 days (minimum) between there and Frank starting talks. 

Totally messing us about.

Don't disagree. But they're in no rush. No transfer activity and start pre-season later than us.

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Got to say, I think someone like Valakari is the only appointment that will get the majority of the fans excited.  Let's face it, we still go ga-ga for a overseas player, why not a overseas manager?  Someone a little left-field.  Certainly worked for Norwich & Huddersfield going the little known foreign route.

Won't get me excited. I've never heard of him/her.

2 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Missing the point a tad. He took over when Norwich were in the Premier League. His 1st season finished 11th.

2nd season was sacked whilst 5 points clear of relegation.

I was merely saying that I hope whatever manager we bring in is not one in the Pearson, Rowett or Poison Dwarf mould. Reports I have heard on Hughton is that he is a bit in that style of play and management and while I'm not going to get down on any new manager I would hope we go for someone who brings a bit of va-va-voom and gives the kids a go. Coz I like watching them more than I like watching us grind out a 1-0 with Chris Baird and Stephen Warnock on the flanks.

And if we finish 8th doing that I'd be happier as a fan than doing the automatics with a GD of +5. But that's me & my interest in football in general has changed in the past few years, I've just seen the movie too many times over to believe that it will be happily ever after. As I have said to anyone who will listen, I haven't fallen out of love with football but I have moved to a place where I am more interested in one night stands than a long lasting relationship (in a footballing analogy perspective - I'm sure you know what I mean).

55 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

What would you like to know?

I think he signed 3 year contract 2017 so has one year left. Is very flexible with the tactics, has preferred tactic of 3-4-3 and 5-4-1 when defending but has played also with 4-3-3/4-5-1 and 4-4-2 with diamond. Demands lots of creativity from his forwards and actually coaches it too. At the same time disciplined and that is also visible from his personal life; he still as fit as ever. Always in the stands when their second team is playing so whole club is aligned how he wants his team to play. 

Went to Tromssø 2017 when they were in relegation battle, changed the course completely (point average from 0,88 to 1,4). Next season they had to sell two of their best goalscorers and where expected to be in midtable due to Valakari, not the player material which was mostly made of experienced free transfers. His kid, Onni, among them.  

Since he has been offered job as a Liverpool's u18 manager. Of course turned it down. Also has been offered a place as a manager of HJK, which would be biggest job in Finland. Turned it down as well. Been rumoured to go to Rosenborg, lately last summer. Mainly due to limited finances (biggest salary is under 100K/year) at Tromssø but so far he has sticked with Tromssø. Would be very hard to lure away, I'm afraid. Tromssø will have their 100 birthday next year and as he is so liked there, you would expect them to stick with him at least until 2020. 

Stubborn, confident, and absolutely lovable fella who hasn't got his life on silver platter. Their captain signed new deal last summer and said main reason behind it being Simo.

image.png.f0606af6b6d73772d40b44c6032eb298.png

Would actually be really excited by this, completely fresh and exciting. It is a huge step up though, as Cardiff and Man Utd fans will be able to tell you.

Still, I would much rather this than most of the names touted and Derby is tropical compared to Tromso

Archived