Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would a Hughton 11 look like with the players we have at the moment?

Carson
Bogle     Keogh   Davies   Forsyth
Bennett Shinnie Johnson Lawrence
             Waghorn Marriott

The football wouldn't be all that exciting but he'd probably get us promoted in a few years.

I would have a preference for exciting football, but I'd back him to succeed if he came.

Haven't got anything to base this on, but if Mel is trying to bring investment into the club, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for a name, rather than for a proven manager.

Someone similar to Lampard. A manager who will bring us a lot of media attention and make us a more attractive prospect for potential investors/buyers.

On that basis, Gerrard is probably going to be the top target. Potentially followed by someone like Henry....

stressed patrick stewart GIF by Blunt Talk

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Actually think we're lucky that a manager of Hughton's calibre is available. 

But I think Morris will try for Gerrard, who I think will stay at Rangers.

Then we'll end up with Darren Moore 

Be disappointed with Big Dave TBH.

Can see the attraction to Gerrard, just don’t see him leaving Rangers at the first opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Carson
Bogle     Keogh   Davies   Malone
              Shinnie Thorne

Waggers                              Lawrence
             Martin Marriott

I'm going back to having a little dream that Martin and Thorne can still come good for us...

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Haven't got anything to base this on, but if Mel is trying to bring investment into the club, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for a name, rather than for a proven manager.

Someone similar to Lampard. A manager who will bring us a lot of media attention and make us a more attractive prospect for potential investors/buyers.

On that basis, Gerrard is probably going to be the top target. Potentially followed by someone like Henry....

stressed patrick stewart GIF by Blunt Talk

There is one man that can bring a whole level of coolness to the club

think andrea pirlo GIF by NYCFC

If we go experience it absolutely has to be Hughton. He’s proven at working with what he has and I don’t get the view he’s a pragmatic dinosaur. His teams play good football. He went defensive last season as that’s where Brighton were at. I remember Jim Smith doing the same with us!!

If we want a young manager of those available I think Garry Monk is the standout candidate. He would build on franks style of football and in his spell at Brum he’s learned to adapt to be pragmatic when needed (which at was all the time) that’s been his downfall previously and let’s face it a big weakness of Frank last season. Then there is a left field gamble with someone like Labbadia but doesn’t know the division.

Of those in jobs we could entice - I’d love Wilder but if he stays put despite the infighting at the blades then Alex Neil would be the one for me. Proven at this level, works to a budget plays good football and young.

14 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Has to be Hughton. 

Proven, his teams can score goals and be solid and if we went up he would keep us there. 

No other contender even comes close imo.

Certainly the most sensible choice ,a capable manager who would bring stability ,consistency to the club. Gerrard may bring publicity but not sure he will prove to be a good manager so any investor would soon become disallusioned.

I can't see us buying another manager out of a contract for financial reasons so likely to be someone out of work or just going into management. 

None of the names mentioned particularly excite me. Based in the west midlands the Bluenoses I know rated Monk but the Baggies didn't warm to Moore. I am not particularly keen on either nor Hughton and just like Lampard last year I have a feeling Mel will pull a rabbit out of the hat with a name not being mentioned as a favourite at the moment.

Archived