Sign in to follow this  
SuperDerbySuperRams

Suggestions for the next Derby manager

10 hours ago, Anon said:

How many times have you seen Lincoln play? I've been to a few games and I have to agree that I was a little disappointed with the way Lincoln set out to play. It's very effective, but it bears quite an alarming similarity to Rowett-ball. I was kind of hoping that they were adaptive with their tactics and I'd witnessed some anomalies.

I live in Lincoln so over the few years they’ve been there probably about 5 a season with friends... they pretty much have the same tactics every game. It’s very effective and they are good at it, it’s just boring to watch. 

Article in the Times this morning saying we would approach Gerrard if (when) FL goes to Chelsea, as he fits the young high profile manager. However, not interested and wants to carry on at Rangers as money is not his motivation and it wouldn't look good on his CV to jump ship after a year referring to his playing career. He says it wasn't his way as a player to go through lots of clubs and should be the same as manager.

Just wondering if it would be same if it was Liverpool though... 

13 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Article in the Times this morning saying we would approach Gerrard if (when) FL goes to Chelsea, as he fits the young high profile manager. However, not interested and wants to carry on at Rangers as money is not his motivation and it wouldn't look good on his CV to jump ship after a year referring to his playing career. He says it wasn't his way as a player to go through lots of clubs and should be the same as manager.

Just wondering if it would be same if it was Liverpool though... 

Or Newcastle?

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Nothing had happened when Rob Dorsett started forcing comments out of Lampard either, to be fair.

The announcement that Sarri was leaving came just before about the 10th time Lampard was asked about the Chelsea job.

I wonder how often Gerrard's been asked about the Liverpool job 🤔

Yep, feel a bit sorry for Lampard in that respect as well. And our fans of course who’ve had to put up with this circus. Media just dont give a duck.

My number 1 choice would have been Jokanovic but he has signed with another club now.

I think we either need to go with tried and tested such as Adkins and Karanka or go with a bit of a gamble and go to someone like Cowley.

All talk of others such as Hughton (not sure on him) but Monk, Bowyer, Keane, Gerard i think would be a bad move.

Personally if Frank does go which seems very likely now we are going to have to put hopes of promotion on the back burner for a while and redevelop the squad AGAIN as we wont be able to get the quality loans in again that were attracted to Lampards Derby County.

Really hope Frank stays but this has gone on too long now and feels like the McLaren era again, at this point in time we should have made a few signings and instead its going to be last minute again which inevitably means wrongs signings.

On the upside it was great to hear Ian Wright defending our club. 

On 14/06/2019 at 07:08, oldtimeram said:

Will Jody Morris go with him or may he want to step up to number one here?

I think Jody will go mate unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

This is obvious love triangle.

Frankie goes to Chelsea, Sarri went to Juve and Allegri joins us. At least we should employ his tactics so we wouldn't concede from crosses...

We can stop that by getting a new goalkeeper that commands his area unlike someone else we know

11 hours ago, Dcfcjames said:

Are the rumors about Jeff Kenna returning as manager true ? 

Just heard the latest about Lampard , so could be truth in the rumors I’ve heard ?

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If Jeff Kenna gets the Derby job after not being in football for 10 years, I'll give every single member on here a happy ending. You can quote me on that. 

If Jeff Kenna gets the job , Passing backwards will be taken to a whole new level

Posted (edited)

Been away on hols and this is looking like a done deal for Frank sadly. Here's a name for Mel to think about, Daniel Stendel, looking like a good manager in the making. Just a thought, not sure if his name has been suggested?

Edited by nfb

2 minutes ago, nfb said:

Been away on hols and this is looking like a done deal for Frank sadly. Here's a name for Mel to think about, Daniel Stendel, looking like a good manager in the making. Just a thought, not sure if his name has been suggested?

Yes a number of times

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Geriatram said:

Yes a number of times

Cool, thanks, like I said I've been away, not much Internet for 2 weeks, so wasn't up to speed. I'm glad he's been mentioned as he has done an amazing job, and he sounds a top bloke.

Edited by nfb

11 minutes ago, JG400 said:

If Jeff Kenna gets the job , Passing backwards will be taken to a whole new level

Don’t shoot the messenger , just rumors I’ve heard doing the rounds ,

Assistant manager:

Candido Costa