Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Nothing had happened when Rob Dorsett started forcing comments out of Lampard either, to be fair.

The announcement that Sarri was leaving came just before about the 10th time Lampard was asked about the Chelsea job.

I wonder how often Gerrard's been asked about the Liverpool job ?

Yep, feel a bit sorry for Lampard in that respect as well. And our fans of course who’ve had to put up with this circus. Media just dont give a duck.

My number 1 choice would have been Jokanovic but he has signed with another club now.

I think we either need to go with tried and tested such as Adkins and Karanka or go with a bit of a gamble and go to someone like Cowley.

All talk of others such as Hughton (not sure on him) but Monk, Bowyer, Keane, Gerard i think would be a bad move.

Personally if Frank does go which seems very likely now we are going to have to put hopes of promotion on the back burner for a while and redevelop the squad AGAIN as we wont be able to get the quality loans in again that were attracted to Lampards Derby County.

Really hope Frank stays but this has gone on too long now and feels like the McLaren era again, at this point in time we should have made a few signings and instead its going to be last minute again which inevitably means wrongs signings.

On the upside it was great to hear Ian Wright defending our club. 

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

This is obvious love triangle.

Frankie goes to Chelsea, Sarri went to Juve and Allegri joins us. At least we should employ his tactics so we wouldn't concede from crosses...

We can stop that by getting a new goalkeeper that commands his area unlike someone else we know

3 minutes ago, Dcfcjames said:

Just heard the latest about Lampard , so could be truth in the rumors I’ve heard ?

If Jeff Kenna gets the Derby job after not being in football for 10 years, I'll give every single member on here a happy ending. You can quote me on that. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If Jeff Kenna gets the Derby job after not being in football for 10 years, I'll give every single member on here a happy ending. You can quote me on that. 

If Jeff Kenna gets the job , Passing backwards will be taken to a whole new level

Been away on hols and this is looking like a done deal for Frank sadly. Here's a name for Mel to think about, Daniel Stendel, looking like a good manager in the making. Just a thought, not sure if his name has been suggested?

2 minutes ago, nfb said:

Been away on hols and this is looking like a done deal for Frank sadly. Here's a name for Mel to think about, Daniel Stendel, looking like a good manager in the making. Just a thought, not sure if his name has been suggested?

Yes a number of times

3 minutes ago, Geriatram said:

Yes a number of times

Cool, thanks, like I said I've been away, not much Internet for 2 weeks, so wasn't up to speed. I'm glad he's been mentioned as he has done an amazing job, and he sounds a top bloke.

11 minutes ago, JG400 said:

If Jeff Kenna gets the job , Passing backwards will be taken to a whole new level

Don’t shoot the messenger , just rumors I’ve heard doing the rounds ,

Assistant manager:

Candido Costa 

7 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Sam Allardyce, old style manager in the Jim Smith type mould to just get us up...

Allardyce would definitely have us competitive, but it wouldn't be pretty. I can see him being interested too, given the potential monetary bonus. 

Stendel or Hughton would put a smile on my face. Gerrard I could get behind. Would be intrigued by a foreign appointment. Could even get behind Moyes or the Lincoln boys, too.

Garry Monk, John Terry, Aitor Karanka, Darren Moore, Tony Pulis - no thank you! 

Archived