SuperDerbySuperRams

Suggestions for the next Derby manager

Ship Lampard out and make Jody Morris our manager, I said that from the start not thinking that would even be a possibility.

Morris has won things as a manager with the youth teams, not a chance he would go into a playoff final not playing a recognised goal scoring striker.

8 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Just seen Monk in Dale Abbey. Coincidence or just visiting the area - I don’t know. 

A monk or G.Monk? Darley Abbey.... I’ll get my coat 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Ship Lampard out and make Jody Morris our manager, I said that from the start not thinking that would even be a possibility.

Morris has won things as a manager with the youth teams, not a chance he would go into a playoff final not playing a recognised goal scoring striker.

Lampard and Morris are a package deal. He only came here to work with Frank and he seems perfectly happy doing so.

Why would he all of a sudden want to step out of the shadows and be his own man, and why do you think DCFC would take the risk?

Say Lampard left and flopped at Chelsea, meanwhile Jody got us promoted as champions, we’d be in the same position 12 months from now.

It would be a lose lose situation for us. We need to appoint someone who wants to be here and takes a long view, not someone who is using us merely as a bike with training wheels.

Interesting article in the Sunday Times on Michael Johnson and the (lack of) opportunities he has had despite now being amongst the most highly qualified coaches in the country.

Not sure if he is suggested at any point within the thread but could be a contender if we wanted to promote from within.

(link would need subscription which I don’t have)

14 minutes ago, old ilkestonian said:

Please please please, not Roy Keane!

Why not - just as daft as Mac3 or a return of the poisoned dwarf.

10 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Interesting article in the Sunday Times on Michael Johnson and the (lack of) opportunities he has had despite now being amongst the most highly qualified coaches in the country.

Not sure if he is suggested at any point within the thread but could be a contender if we wanted to promote from within.

He's already said he wouldn't apply for the job if it came up but I do agree he'd be a good choice.

Hi all...first post so be kind...

If Lamps goes then we need to try and get someone from the same mould...so a young manager near or at the start of his career rather than another candidate from the usual managerial merry-go-round.  Bearing some of the candidates currently available (such as Pulis, Karanka and now Roy Keane's available as well), someone new would be beneficial to Derby rather than the same old stuff that these managers always play (Anyone really fancy a season of Pulis's Hoofball?)  Personally I'd also prefer it if it was someone with no Red Dog connections, as some of them have gone on record in the past saying they hate Derby.  If one of those turned up, we'd all know it's nothing to do with trying to get Derby promoted next season, but they're just bothered about their wage packet.   

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, philmycock said:

What mess? He's just got them up, why would he leave for us. Is it rocky behind the scenes?

Haven’t you seen it?

I’ll try and get you a link.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/latest-blades-news/sheffield-united-high-court-case-a-recap-as-evidence-comes-to-an-end-74875%3famp

Edited by coneheadjohn
Found the link

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bucktwo said:

If you read the blues press about the sacking of Monk it's unlikely Mel will want another "rush" job on his hands ....now where's my agent ?

Careful what you believe, the press reports are based solely on what the unpopular Blues CEO said to try and justify the sacking. Monk has no right of reply due to the terms of his severance package. There are two sides to every story that you see and hear.

Edited by Carnero
Autocorrect 😠

30 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Big Dave as manager with Jonno as assistant? As a promotion winning centre half pairing I'd imagine that they must gel pretty well.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, RammingStone66 said:

Has anyone suggested Jody Morris for the job?

Metro now reporting that Chelsea are worried about the inexperienced nature of Jody Morris and Chris Jones. https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/22/chelsea-bosses-worried-frank-lampards-inexperienced-backroom-team-10030625/

Would you accept Jody as manager and also do you think it would effect Frank's image if he left the club without his mate Jody? 

I flat out refuse to believe that Chelsea are happy to give the manager role to a man with one year of experience, but have reservations of giving the assistant manager role to a man with 4 years of managerial experience at youth level and the coaching role to a man with 9 years experience of first team coaching, especially when both of those two got all of that previous experience at Chelsea.

Edited by JfR

19 minutes ago, SFD1968 said:

Hi all...first post so be kind...

If Lamps goes then we need to try and get someone from the same mould...so a young manager near or at the start of his career rather than another candidate from the usual managerial merry-go-round.  Bearing some of the candidates currently available (such as Pulis, Karanka and now Roy Keane's available as well), someone new would be beneficial to Derby rather than the same old stuff that these managers always play (Anyone really fancy a season of Pulis's Hoofball?)  Personally I'd also prefer it if it was someone with no Red Dog connections, as some of them have gone on record in the past saying they hate Derby.  If one of those turned up, we'd all know it's nothing to do with trying to get Derby promoted next season, but they're just bothered about their wage packet.   

Welcome aboard.

Stating the obvious but a new up and coming manager would only be beneficial if they turned out to be any good at championship level (and above). I wouldn't want Pulis but he's not the only experienced manager available.

56 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Why not - just as daft as Mac3 or a return of the poisoned dwarf.

Just because I've never rated him as a manager and I think he's divisive which would be a shame after Frank has built a good team spirit. I don't want the poison dwarf back either despite his team spirit and siege mentality - both him and Keane would be an argument or fall out just waiting to happen and I'd rather not have that - if Frank goes I'd prefer someone who could build on the positive things he brought to us last season. As for Mac3, I'd rather not but wouldn't say definitely not, would depend on who his number 2 was for me, Simmo was instrumental in Mac1 success and deserved as many plaudits as Jody is getting now - all I want if Frank goes is someone to build on last season and play entertaining attacking football, not someone who will ignore what happened last season and start from scratch with a completely different idea of how the game should be played.