Suggestions for the next Derby manager

17 minutes ago, Jonesy90 said:

Even in that situation, why would you leave your hometown club after guiding them to the Premier League? 

Ask Arthur Cox who left Newcastle in 1984 having just gained promotion. He left to join us who were in the THIRD division. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Ask Arthur Cox who left Newcastle in 1984 having just gained promotion. He left to join us who were in the THIRD division. 

Appreciate the sentiment, but those were different days.

Too much money involved now to see something similar.

1 hour ago, lrm14 said:

I'd rather we kept him in the academy where he's been working wonders for us. Seems like an unecessary risk to take, especially when we've seen what he can do in his previous spell and it wasn't very impressive.

Not too shabby I think myself. He’s much maligned because of one game 

D72066DA-C74F-4EA9-9B8E-B1CB851C52FC.png

20 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Not too shabby I think myself. He’s much maligned because of one game 

D72066DA-C74F-4EA9-9B8E-B1CB851C52FC.png

Would be out of his depth as Derby's first team manager. Lampard got away with it last year due to his playing pedigree, Wassall wont. The shambles against Rotherham away and Hull showed that he was out of his depth, we even needed to draft Harry in to hold his hand. 

4 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Would be out of his depth as Derby's first team manager. Lampard got away with it last year due to his playing pedigree, Wassall wont. The shambles against Rotherham away and Hull showed that he was out of his depth, we even needed to draft Harry in to hold his hand. 

Disagree, Every manager including Mac have had some shambolic days.

Think it’s just cool to say he’s “out of his depth”

Think he should be considered, and actually, I think some Derby need to be realistic and know where we are now.

We are not spending millions this season, if Lamps goes, we are probably not spending a lot to get a manager. Why should we go new yet again? Wassall would be good for continuity and style/philosophy.... instead of a new man coming in and wanting his style implemented. We’ve suffered long enough.

Its reality, and I don’t think Derby fans like it. We want to believe we are big, and we are demanding.

Two football games he’s over seen a few years ago doesn’t make him out of his depth.

9 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

And regards drafting Harry in, Think that’s down to the reaction of us Derby fans, and I think Mel reacted as one. Not one of his finer moments

27 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think he should be considered, and actually, I think some Derby need to be realistic and know where we are now.

We are not spending millions this season, if Lamps goes, we are probably not spending a lot to get a manager. Why should we go new yet again? Wassall would be good for continuity and style/philosophy.... instead of a new man coming in and wanting his style implemented. We’ve suffered long enough.

Its reality, and I don’t think Derby fans like it. We want to believe we are big, and we are demanding.

Two football games he’s over seen a few years ago doesn’t make him out of his depth.

I think Wassall was given the caretaker / interim opportunity due to timing in the main. That would not be a factor in the current situation, and DCFC would be able to secure one of a number of managers, more capable and better qualified than Wassall or indeed Lampard. 

44 minutes ago, europia said:

I think Wassall was given the caretaker / interim opportunity due to timing in the main. That would not be a factor in the current situation, and DCFC would be able to secure one of a number of managers, more capable and better qualified than Wassall or indeed Lampard. 

Couldn't agree more with this.

At the start of all this, I was gutted. Really didn't want Lampard to do. Not because of the football we played. Cos at times it wasn't brilliant at all. We had some awful performances and some shocking results. I wanted him to stay because of the connection he had with the fans and the general feel of how it was at the club. I wanted stability and for him to build done and take us up. I'm resigned to the fact now that he's going and to be honest I'm at a point now where I think I'd rather him go so that this is all sorted.

I said to my mates the other day that we could potentially end up with a better manager out of this.

I know there's a few people on here mentioned Wilder. I know he was linked with WBA but at the time I just thought that was probably to get him a new contract. However there has been boardroom unrest there for a while. Infact he was the favourite for the Sunderland job before Jack Ross got it. I've just dug out some quotes from him from that time:-

Wilder wants to remain at the club he supported as a boy but said: "Like anybody else, you’ve always got a decision if you don’t agree with what’s going on above you.

“Nobody has got a gun to my head to manage this football club. I’ve had it before when I’ve been at a football club and didn’t enjoy it. Where I thought ‘what am I doing here?’ I won’t make that mistake again.

If there's a even a small chance he's considering leaving Sheffield United. I'd go and pick him up myself now. Cannot see it though. 

Realistically Hughton would be a good appointment and a better manager than Lampard. I'd fancy us to have a good season under him.

People suggesting Steve McClaren, Darren Wassall. Need to give their head a wobble. Why on earth would we do that? 

Has anyone suggested Jody Morris for the job?

Metro now reporting that Chelsea are worried about the inexperienced nature of Jody Morris and Chris Jones. https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/22/chelsea-bosses-worried-frank-lampards-inexperienced-backroom-team-10030625/

Would you accept Jody as manager and also do you think it would effect Frank's image if he left the club without his mate Jody? 

However, The Times report that Lampard’s perspective backroom staff of Jody Morris and Chris Jones is considered too inexperienced by some at the club.

Its not easy to set up a proper perspective view.

you've got to know what you're doing.

image.thumb.jpeg.a2077ddc23523d6cf047c66f910f2142.jpeg

8 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

I wanted to do more than applaud this post mate, if I could give it a gold star and it’s author a pat on the back I would lol

22 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Stumbling block over Lampard could be Jody.

So either Frank performing u turn or Jody set for Rams managers job.

No chance. Frank would be completely out of his depth without Jody, they come as a pair. Jody is a lifelong Chelsea fan as well so he would jump at the chance to go back. 

Archived