Suggestions for the next Derby manager

5 hours ago, Saity said:

A few have mentioned Adkins and i dismissed it without really thinking but he holds comparisons with the Bald Eagle for me now when i think about it.....both have been around the block a bit both come across as really decent people and both were and are a bit unfashionable and not everyones first choice ( I remember being totally underwhelmed with Jim Smith ) and both would be more loyal than some and won't be poached away so easily meaning a bit of much needed stability so not a bad idea tbh

Other than at the Saints his record is not that great....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, papa_lazarou said:

Lee Johnson, if he's not already been mentioned. Done a decent job with Brizzle. Derby would be a nice step up for him, plays decent football and put a team together with limited resources.... Or the Cowley's.

Brizzle have rich owners, a decent squad..not sure he would see the Rams as much of a step up....

7 hours ago, GeoffDerby said:

I’m sure he’s been mentioned already Darren Moore, decent skipper at West Brom - ex dcfc 

David platt was a decent skipper and an England international there’s absolutely no correlation between playing career and managerial career 

Moore held back a West Brom side that with the squad and resources should have been challenging top two

9 hours ago, Rambam said:

Alex Neal has just signed a new contract.

Sol Campbell has managed to prevent a team from relegation from the EFL on the last day. What a come down from Frank.

Macclesfield were bottom of league 2 and 7 points adrift when Campbell took over. That they stayed up at all, especially since Sol was unable to invest at all, makes him worth a shot in my eyes. Fail to see how it is a come down from Frank.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Brizzle have rich owners, a decent squad..not sure he would see the Rams as much of a step up....

It would be a good step up but I don't want Lee Johnson here. He's 38. I refuse to be older than the Derby manager. 

9 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Did he take the Serbia Job? I looked before I posted and couldn't find anything.  I am not that excited about Gaz Monk and hoped it might be someone more cosmopolitan.

If this is about Jokanovic he has gone to some club in Qatar.

29 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

It would be a good step up but I don't want Lee Johnson here. He's 38. I refuse to be older than the Derby manager. 

Not so sure, I think the Brizzle owners are loaded and will really push for promotion this season...not sure we are in such a nice position.....

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not so sure, I think the Brizzle owners are loaded and will really push for promotion this season...not sure we are in such a nice position.....

So you think the rumours of us buying Wilson for £21m are wide of the mark?

Damn. Just had a shirt printed with Wilsom 21. I was going to take it back anyway tbh. 

15 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

So you think the rumours of us buying Wilson for £21m are wide of the mark?

Damn. Just had a shirt printed with Wilsom 21. I was going to take it back anyway tbh. 

Maybe get a refund if they spelt it wrong mate?! ?

I'm starting to get way more over-excited about the idea (dream) of getting Mikel Arteta than I am worried about losing Lampard now

Experienced assistant, young, hungry, learned under a great manager, played great football, coached great football, great contacts around the game, access to players from one of the best youth academies in the country

If we lose Lampard my request would be that Uncle Mel reach out to Arteta and then keep adding zeros to his contract until he says yes

2 hours ago, secretsquirrel said:

Daniel Stendel-done a good job and managed to upset Joey Barton

Careful @Nuwtfly will be along in a minute to tell you that it's impossible to get him off the mighty Barnsley, before subsequently suggesting Stendel himself a few pages later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Jeez I’m 54 so that rules out a lot of managers. I used to think it was coppers looking younger to make me feel old. ?

Archived