Suggestions for the next Derby manager

11 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

That’s my worry with a name like Arteta.  He would expect the players to play to a world class level which they aren’t. 

Or he’d have a good season and then immediately get poached by Arsenal and we’re back to square 1 again!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Is that strictly true though? I mean I’ve never appeared in a photo with him, I’d guess you haven’t either.

And would a photo of just Dennis Bergkamp constitute as appearing in a photo with Dennis Bergkamp seeing as Dennis Bergkamp is Dennis Bergkamp? Who knows...

"Could never".....rather than "has never"

anyway i'm pleased you've joined the bandwagon.

People who are saying Gary Monk should read some of the articles about his style of football, The Brum owners wanted him to play more attacking and entertaining football, hence one of the reasons for the fall out, even some of their fans were saying words to that effect, he plays on the break style football, would we be going back to Gary Rowett style again,

2 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

People who are saying Gary Monk should read some of the articles about his style of football, The Brum owners wanted him to play more attacking and entertaining football, hence one of the reasons for the fall out, even some of their fans were saying words to that effect, he plays on the break style football, would we be going back to Gary Rowett style again,

I feel that's a little unfair. He's been saddled with a bunch on long ball merchants at Brum and a transfer embargo, in the time he was there he was never gonna change them into Barca. At Swansea his football was decent, and Boro were fairly attacking iirc.

3 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Maybe you should look at how he played at Swansea Leeds and Boro. Exactly what lamps was trying to do here. At Birmingham he adapted to the squad he had because he had no resources to do anything different

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Maybe you should look at how he played at Swansea Leeds and Boro. Exactly what lamps was trying to do here. At Birmingham he adapted to the squad he had because he had no resources to do anything different

Also, he managed to get the best out of Che Adams who is likely to leave for a decent fee

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Fair point, however has he actually achieved anything even when he had the resources

1 minute ago, BodminRam said:

Fair point, however has he actually achieved anything even when he had the resources

Did well at Swansea and very unfortunate to lose his job. Did a good job at Leeds with limited resources. The blot on his copybook is Boro where he spent a fortune and got sacked, however if they had stuck with him and not gone the Pulis route then might have turned out better for Boro.

Alex Neil is probably my first choice, followed by Hughton, Monk, then maybe a left-field foreign candidate followed by Adkins.

id be tempted by Sol Campbell but I’d worry if he did well he’d be off next year as well.

On 14/06/2019 at 04:50, AdamRam said:

Bring in Igor with Eranio as his assistant, not saying it would work but would make for an interesting season.

Igor would be great as a number two (If Terry would take it, Mac at QPR - maybe he could be convinced). We have to find the next David Wagner or Alpine Klopp at Southampton as a number one. Igor could sort out the defense for sure and he's Igor - would be amazing to have around the club. That would be exciting. Gio would be great but maybe a reach.

Anyone old school in the Cox/ Smith type who won't post videos declaring there bringing London to the Duffield massive .  Wont post video's taking the piss out of us on holiday and will  complete the job to the best of there ability as far as resource will allow for the next 3 years,

A few have mentioned Adkins and i dismissed it without really thinking but he holds comparisons with the Bald Eagle for me now when i think about it.....both have been around the block a bit both come across as really decent people and both were and are a bit unfashionable and not everyones first choice ( I remember being totally underwhelmed with Jim Smith ) and both would be more loyal than some and won't be poached away so easily meaning a bit of much needed stability so not a bad idea tbh

4 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

I feel that's a little unfair. He's been saddled with a bunch on long ball merchants at Brum and a transfer embargo, in the time he was there he was never gonna change them into Barca. At Swansea his football was decent, and Boro were fairly attacking iirc.

Not done enough for me in his last two jobs. Move on

Archived