Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats fat Sam doing since he lost the England job? High profile definatly  proven and capable of getting us promoted. Appreciate his style of football may not be to our liking but would be be worth a punt unless some one more obvious became available.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Are any of those overseas managers available? 

The UK based names fill me with apathy....hughton, Adkins......?

Labbadia, Tedesco and Cocu all are.

Feel the same as you about the UK names. Monk...Bowyer...Terry! ?

Just now, ram1964 said:

Whats fat Sam doing since he lost the England job? High profile definatly  proven and capable of getting us promoted. Appreciate his style of football may not be to our liking but would be be worth a punt unless some one more obvious became available.

Effectively retired. He says he doesn't want to manage again unless it's on the international level.

Just now, Carnero said:

When I suggested him you told me there was no chance.

Now you're brazenly suggesting him in bold damn you!

I still think there's no chance, to be fair!

But it was a good suggestion - I've stolen it from you!

3 minutes ago, TomG said:

I have a bold suggestion, how about we just keep our current manager?

There’s a small whisper going around that he’s linked with Chelsea

18 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

What have you been smoking ?

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

My suggestion is anybody, and I mean absolutely anybody, who has never appeared in a photograph with Dennis Bergkamp.

You do realise that the only person....the ONLY person.....who has never appeared in a photo with Dennis Bergkamp is.......

Dennis Bergkamp!

image.thumb.jpeg.fd14e887fcd3b303e9180cb19d3aa453.jpeg

21 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

It's not the Derby way duck 

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You do realise that the only person....the ONLY person.....who has never appeared in a photo with Dennis Bergkamp is.......

Dennis Bergkamp!

image.thumb.jpeg.fd14e887fcd3b303e9180cb19d3aa453.jpeg

Is that strictly true though? I mean I’ve never appeared in a photo with him, I’d guess you haven’t either.

And would a photo of just Dennis Bergkamp constitute as appearing in a photo with Dennis Bergkamp seeing as Dennis Bergkamp is Dennis Bergkamp? Who knows...

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Hughton or Alex Neil my first choices (the latter would be difficult to get)

Would be happy with Garry Monk or Nigel Adkins. All these choices play good football and would build on what we have regardless of what some say on here.

Some good options there.

I wouldnt mind Adkins here, but i dont think garry monk would be any good for us based on his sam rush type transfer dealings that have come to light of late.

1 hour ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Sol Campbell?

I honestly think he would be a good manager for us. Doing a good job at macclesfield with less than nothing resource wise.

38 minutes ago, JfR said:

He's already got a job at Macclesfield and he's far too loyal to walk out on them

A few weeks of not being paid tends to erode peoples loyalty. In any case they have a winding up petition to conclude in about a weeks time. Even if they still exist at the start of next season i dont think we would have to try that hard to convince him to join us.

Archived