Suggestions for the next Derby manager

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Paulo Wanchope or Stefano Eranio would be worth a shout, however it’ll be Nigel as manager. 

Adkins. 

I'd kinda settle for that. 

Nice guy, good manager, and unlikely to be poached no matter how well he does.

Unless we get a Dutch legend, obviously.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16 June 2019 at 21:36, Ghost of Clough said:

Anyone suggested Carsley yet?

Carsley?

Good lad but........we could do alot better.

image.thumb.jpeg.b548a974df96e725e0e7afb6a6098d6d.jpeg

19 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Hughton or Alex Neil my first choices (the latter would be difficult to get)

Would be happy with Garry Monk or Nigel Adkins. All these choices play good football and would build on what we have regardless of what some say on here.

Some good options there.

Nigel Adkins, really?

22 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Nigel Adkins, really?

Not my first choice but he’d do a job, did a good job with Hull last season been promoted from this league before. Plays decent football and works with a budget. He doesn’t have the frankie stardust but no one has

At the minute, I'd want us to go either one of two ways:

- Foreign experiment: Finally try a manager from abroad. Bruno Labbadia was said to be looking at working in England. There's also Domenico Tedesco, Phillip Cocu and the Barnsley manager Daniel Stendel.

- Proven at this level: potentially risk a bit of a restart, but it's a safer option. Stand out candidate for this approach would be Chris Hughton. Call me crazy but I wouldn't actually mind us offering David Moyes a chance to re-write his career a bit, like with did with Steve McClaren.

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

At the minute, I'd want us to go either one of two ways:

- Foreign experiment: Finally try a manager from abroad. Bruno Labbadia was said to be looking at working in England. There's also Domenico Tedesco, Phillip Cocu and the Barnsley manager Daniel Stendel.

- Proven at this level: potentially risk a bit of a restart, but it's a safer option. Stand out candidate for this approach would be Chris Hughton. Call me crazy but I wouldn't actually mind us offering David Moyes a chance to re-write his career a bit, like with did with Steve McClaren.

Are any of those overseas managers available? 

The UK based names fill me with apathy....hughton, Adkins......?

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Hughton or Alex Neil my first choices (the latter would be difficult to get)

Would be happy with Garry Monk or Nigel Adkins. All these choices play good football and would build on what we have regardless of what some say on here.

Some good options there.

Yes actually, currently a lot more options for decent managers than any other 'searching for new manager' period under Mr Morris. 

Archived