Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We got promoted.

Sure but the short term, short sightedness of not building an infrastructure led to the worst season of any top club in history.

I agree with you; we do need to get promoted. However, I think it's possible to do that in style and put a framework in place for surviving in the Premier League once there.

5 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Whoever is our new manager please can we show solidarity and support for him. We can show Chelsea and Frank and the media that we are proud to be Derby County fans and show our strength as a fan base by getting right behind our club.

Good luck with that one.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Sure but the short term, short sightedness of not building an infrastructure led to the worst season of any top club in history.

I agree with you; we do need to get promoted. However, I think it's possible to do that in style and put a framework in place for surviving in the Premier League once there.

Mate I would love to do it in a style. I really would. 

But we've tried and we are now the longest serving Championship club (along with Forest) and I'm bored of this league.

I just want us to go up. In an ideal world we could play lovely football and go up. But I've got to a point now where I'd take any football to get us up.

We've built an infrastructure. The problem in Billy's time was that we went up in year one which wasn't expected. Plus the whole ownership problems when we were up meant he had about £10 million to spend.

If we went up now playing football that wasn't easy on the eye. I still think we have the infrastructure to stay up.

8 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Whoever is our new manager please can we show solidarity and support for him. We can show Chelsea and Frank and the media that we are proud to be Derby County fans and show our strength as a fan base by getting right behind our club.

We always do mate in the South Stand. I guarantee that whoever is our manager at the start of the season he will have his name sang loud and proud.

All you've got to do is join in.?

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

We always do mate in the South Stand. I guarantee that whoever is our manager at the start of the season he will have his name sang loud and proud.

All you've got to do is join in.?

And how do you know I don't? I was singing myself hoarse way back when Brian Clough was manager. Yes the support from the South Stand is excellent.We can rely on that

23 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Mate I would love to do it in a style. I really would. 

But we've tried and we are now the longest serving Championship club (along with Forest) and I'm bored of this league.

I just want us to go up. In an ideal world we could play lovely football and go up. But I've got to a point now where I'd take any football to get us up.

We've built an infrastructure. The problem in Billy's time was that we went up in year one which wasn't expected. Plus the whole ownership problems when we were up meant he had about £10 million to spend.

If we went up now playing football that wasn't easy on the eye. I still think we have the infrastructure to stay up.

I have absolutely no doubt that despite Morris calmness on the radio he will know, as do I and anyone who has watched football for a bit that we are now in a world of poo .  A disillusioned support, pissed off playing staff and no time to sort it due to us being dicked around for 3 weeks .  We have, when Lampard leaves, had two managers resign in two years,  This had never happened once in the previous 133 years of the clubs existence .It's alright being nice and keeping a link with Chelsea - that's no good if you wind up in League 1 .   I Wouldn't be worrying about promotion, we have it all on to compete next season in probably the most difficult league in football.  I totally agree as I have said before - get up then worry about style .  Regarding next season however it's all worry . 

I think this appointment will be a cheap one, a manager who is grateful just be at the club, our recruitment team will be tasked with wheeling and dealing and the order of the day will be youth.

I know very little about Steve Holland, but if he has worked with no end of youth players then he would tick the box, he would know which players to loan, although are we really a step up to what he is used to?

Danny Cowley is the one that stands out.

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I have absolutely no doubt that despite Morris calmness on the radio he will know, as do I and anyone who has watched football for a bit that we are now in a world of poo .  A disillusioned support, pissed off playing staff and no time to sort it due to us being dicked around for 3 weeks .  We have, when Lampard leaves, had two managers resign in two years,  This had never happened once in the previous 133 years of the clubs existence .It's alright being nice and keeping a link with Chelsea - that's no good if you wind up in League 1 .   I Wouldn't be worrying about promotion, we have it all on to compete next season in probably the most difficult league in football.  I totally agree as I have said before - get up then worry about style .  Regarding next season however it's all worry . 

You raise an excellent point. It's not just us supporters that need an inspirational appointment to lift our spirits after losing Lampard.... The players, too, will be equally disappointed. As professional as I am sure they will be, it would help motivate them to have a positive - and well known character - at the helm.

How must Shinnie be feeling? Bennett?

Maybe we do need someone at the level of a Benitez. All we could offer him is full control, shares in the training ground, as many cold crisps as he could eat and tickets to see Little Mix.

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Am I the only member of the Big Dave Fan Club???

I think that appointment would be a real kick in the teeth for Wassall. Moore was a backroom person who had to step up and take over before pretty quickly being sacked for not doing a good enough job. Wassall is a backroom person who knows our club inside out, lives and breathes it, has the top coaching qualification in football and the second best win percentage at Derby when stepping into the breach before. 

Don't see the case for big Dave at all, even though he's a top bloke. 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think that appointment would be a real kick in the teeth for Wassall. Moore was a backroom person who had to step up and take over before pretty quickly being sacked for not doing a good enough job. Wassall is a backroom person who knows our club inside out, lives and breathes it, has the top coaching qualification in football and the second best win percentage at Derby when stepping into the breach before. 

Don't see the case for big Dave at all, even though he's a top bloke. 

Not keen for Moore to take over but at least get your facts straight - 48  games ain't quick

7 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

He took over at Bristol and was told to shed all his best players for £. The club was on a downward trajectory and he couldnt stop it. 

Im not sure his style would fit the current playing staff, and he's been accused of not progressing the youth of AFC as much as he could. Id be surprised if he was on the shortlist.  

So he says, not true, he was pretty clueless but was a step too far at the time considering his lack of experience and lack of knowledge of the Championship. He brought in a fair few Scots who were simply not good enough.

Archived