Premier League 19/20

Day

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

This should go down well on Tyneside..

Won’t go down particularly well in Sheffield. He was doing alright with them, I thought they’d be a good bet for the play offs at least this season, but this will screw their pre season plans right up. 

Compare mike Ashley with ‘we wouldn’t do that to another club’ Mel Morris. So thankful I don’t support anyone but Derby.

meanwhile, in Newcastle, Steve Bruce is a good choice if you’re looking to compete in the championship, but not if your ambitions amount to anything more than 17th in the premier league. 

So basically, this as an appointment designed to simply piss everyone off. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Won’t go down particularly well in Sheffield. He was doing alright with them, I thought they’d be a good bet for the play offs at least this season, but this will screw their pre season plans right up. 

Compare mike Ashley with ‘we wouldn’t do that to another club’ Mel Morris. So thankful I don’t support anyone but Derby.

meanwhile, in Newcastle, Steve Bruce is a good choice if you’re looking to compete in the championship, but not if your ambitions amount to anything more than 17th in the premier league. 

So basically, this as an appointment designed to simply piss everyone off. 

Would Mel have said that if he didn’t have a manager lined up and was confident in Cocu joining?

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I'd put money on Newcastle being relegated this year without Benitez, so Bruce might be a good appointment if they want to try and get promoted straight away from the Championship again.

There squad was borderline Championship level even before Benitez left. Now they have sold Perez and look to be about to sell a good number of their other "best" players, still haven't signed anyone and still don't have a manager with a month left until the start of the season. It aint looking good for them.

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Christ Steve Bruce... Almost makes you feel sorry for the Newcastle fans. Almost, but not quite. Imagine being a club of that size and actually deciding Steve Bruce is your best option. Actually making an approach for him too so it’s likely to happen... duck me.

I hope he turns them down. Every semi-decent manager should stay well clear of any club involving Mike Ashley

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I hope he turns them down. Every semi-decent manager should stay well clear of any club involving Mike Ashley

That would be hilarious... mike Ashley really is something as a football club owner. Must be a nightmare to work for with his sealed shut wallet.

£5 mill for Steve Bruce???? I like Bruce as a manager and there is a good chance he can get Wednesday out of the Championship, but £5 mill seems a bit steep. Thats the same compensation as Juventus paid for Sarri wasn't it?

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

£5 mill for Steve Bruce???? I like Bruce as a manager and there is a good chance he can get Wednesday out of the Championship, but £5 mill seems a bit steep. Thats the same compensation as Juventus paid for Sarri wasn't it?

Maybe he has a huge contract? 

I can't find any information on his length of contract at all.

He's almost certainly being paid more than Lampard was by us - so I guess it's not shocking the compensation figure is higher.

It is shocking that its the same as Sarri's though ? 

21 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

5 mil for Steve Bruce?! No way can he be worth more than Lampard or anywhere near that. 1m Max. Sheff wed will have played an absolute blinder if that’s the case.

It's whatever the contract is. Not like transfer fees where you can negotiate for more.

Archived