The George Thorne Saga...

...Was an absolute pleasure and enjoyable situation compared to what I'm going through since we lost at Wembley.

I honestly think Frank will take us up next season if he stays, not through the poxy playoffs either, top 2 jobby.

I just need Chelsea to get their house in order and I can start living my life again.

This is where the distraction of a nice world cup would come in handy ?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

...Was an absolute pleasure and enjoyable situation compared to what I'm going through since we lost at Wembley.

I honestly think Frank will take us up next season if he stays, not through the poxy playoffs either, top 2 jobby.

I just need Chelsea to get their house in order and I can start living my life again.

Even if Frank goes (he isn't) it's hardly the end of the world. Just get a manager who likes to play football in a similar mould and keep building from there, we don't have to go back to square one. 

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Women's World Cup is on now. I'm currently watching Netherlands v New Zealand on the BBC red button, and it's an excellent game to watch.

32 minutes ago, eddie said:

Women's World Cup is on now. I'm currently watching Netherlands v New Zealand on the BBC red button, and it's an excellent game to watch.

The Titfield Thunderbolt is on BBC 2 currently.  Good watch if you like steam trains.

5 hours ago, eddie said:

I’ve been enjoying the women’s World Cup so far.

great performance by the young Jamaica keeper.....her team were overrun by Brazil and lost 3-0 but she saved at least a further 5....

This forum made the George Thorne saga what it was, and it was absolutely brilliant, But I’m sure they’ll be something similar to come yet... 

FWIW it’s really not worth panicking about Lampard. We’ve had nothing substantial yet to say he’s going to go. It’s far too early to call how well do next season with or without him too, either way will depend hugely on transfers yet.

Im pretty convinced we’ll have an answer soon anyway, I’m expecting to know more by the end of the week one way or another. Then we can all get on with our lives speculating On players rather than managers!

13 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I still believe on George Thorne

Crippled by injuries,had half a decent season under Mac and played brilliantly in play off final defeat to QPR,sadly the story ends there,we can only dream what could of been

8 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Crippled by injuries,had half a decent season under Mac and played brilliantly in play off final defeat to QPR,sadly the story ends there,we can only dream what could of been

Played pretty well in the Dazwaz season as well. He'd come back from knackering both knees to have his leg broke by Ipswich. I think the last one broke his spirits (if the leg break didn't rowett sure did)

54 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Played pretty well in the Dazwaz season as well. He'd come back from knackering both knees to have his leg broke by Ipswich. I think the last one broke his spirits (if the leg break didn't rowett sure did)

On whoscored he was the third best centre-mid in the division in 15/16 and it’s only the ill fated Ipswich game that took his average down from second. 

People often say he only played well in the 13/14 run-in when in reality his performances dipped from ‘far-too good for this level’ to ‘top end of this level’.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, ramboy63 said:

He was excellent in the season his leg got broken.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I like to think that Ipswich getting relegated is the universe's way of balancing out what they did to George. I hope they get relegated to League Two 

I don't think 'Ipswich' actually did it to him.  ?

Just one of the risks of playing football I guess.

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I don't think 'Ipswich' actually did it to him.  ?

Just one of the risks of playing football I guess.

It was a very reckless challenge. How it wasn't a sending off i have no idea.

Archived